• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan working on "lifetime contract" with Harbaugh

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "problem" was a lot of things. Michigan had a lot of defensive talent from those Hoke recruiting classes but really didn't have a ton on offense. From 2015-2018 Michigan had 19 players drafted, of those 12 were defensive players. And one of the 7 offensive players taken was Iowa transfer Rudock. Which illustrates the point I'm making -- Hoke was a bad coach, but he was also bad at filling the needs of the team. Michigan has had serious holes on offense since Harbaugh arrived, especially on the line, and while Harbaugh has addressed a lot of that through recruiting, it's still in the process of being fixed; especially considering his first class at Michigan was a wash because he had two weeks to put it together. I think the biggest ding I have on Harbaugh is not being able to have a QB ready last year behind Speight. Peters or McCaffrey should have been ready and they weren't.

Harbaugh hasn't gotten to his 4th year yet so I'm not sure how to compare him to Jimbo. But I keep saying this and I'll say it again, I have no doubt that given enough time Harbaugh will get things churning at Michigan.

Stop being so overly biased. My point of mentioning Fisher is he won a Natty in his 4th year @ FSU. Jimmy Jam's entering his 4th year. But no way in hell will he win a Natty this year. So do you have your Excuse Machine fired up for the 2018 season or are you still working on it?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop being so overly biased. My point of mentioning Fisher is he won a Natty in his 4th year @ FSU. Jimmy Jam's entering his 4th year. But no way in hell will he win a Natty this year. So do you have your Excuse Machine fired up for the 2018 season or are you still working on it?
"no way in hell"? I mean, I think you're probably right that we don't win this year but Michigan certainly hasn't been far off the last 3 years. In the near future, Michigan's title hopes center entirely around QB play. We've proven to have one of the best defenses in the country now 3 years running. It's not going to take much to elevate us to that level. If Patterson pans out, who knows what our ceiling is. It's really that simple. With even good QB play, Michigan wins 2/3 of the last OSU games.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"no way in hell"? I mean, I think you're probably right that we don't win this year but Michigan certainly hasn't been far off the last 3 years. In the near future, Michigan's title hopes center entirely around QB play. We've proven to have one of the best defenses in the country now 3 years running. It's not going to take much to elevate us to that level. If Patterson pans out, who knows what our ceiling is.
“Hasn’t been far off”?
1474.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"no way in hell"? I mean, I think you're probably right that we don't win this year but Michigan certainly hasn't been far off the last 3 years. In the near future, Michigan's title hopes center entirely around QB play. We've proven to have one of the best defenses in the country now 3 years running. It's not going to take much to elevate us to that level. If Patterson pans out, who knows what our ceiling is. It's really that simple. With even good QB play, Michigan wins 2/3 of the last OSU games.
:rolleyes2:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Make sure to keep your custom Homer Glasses super glued to your head. And why do you refuse to answer this simple question? I have asked you this multiple times yet you seem scared to answer. How much more time does Jimmy Jam need to turn everything around? And keep in mind for all of his fake greatness his recruiting class fell somewhere between 18 & 21 this year.

hail to the victors?:nono: Not this year yet again.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need I remind you Michigan was winning against OSU late into the 3rd quarter....with fucking John O'Korn at QB. I repeat, John O'Korn. And the previous year, Michigan should have won the game but that aside -- was even in that position despite 3 turnovers by Speight, one or two of which went for pick-6s.

I stand by my comment.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need I remind you Michigan was winning against OSU late into the 3rd quarter....with fucking John O'Korn at QB. I repeat, John O'Korn. And the previous year, Michigan should have won the game but that aside -- was even in that position despite 3 turnovers by Speight, one or two of which went for pick-6s.

I stand by my comment.
I could say the same about how shitty Barrett played over the last two years. If he was playing well, we would've beaten you even worse than what we did. But you'll just say it was michigan's elite defense.

However, when OSU beats you and our defense shines, it's clearly just your shitty QBs and not our defense which has put more players in the first round over the last 3 years than any other school outside of Alabama.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure to keep your custom Homer Glasses super glued to your head. And why do you refuse to answer this simple question? I have asked you this multiple times yet you seem scared to answer. How much more time does Jimmy Jam need to turn everything around? And keep in mind for all of his fake greatness his recruiting class fell somewhere between 18 & 21 this year.

hail to the victors?:nono: Not this year yet again.
I have no idea how much time he needs. We'll have to wait and see. Those 2016 and 2017 recruiting classes should be getting developed now. So this team should be much improved off last season.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were a matter of inches away from a potential playoff birth. I'd call that "hasn't been far off".
In a year where Clemson dismantled Ohio State in the playoffs. Michigan was not really that close to winning a title. You also lost to FSU.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU was 11th in the 2013 preseason poll and had 14/1 odds. Michigan has 15/1 odds and will be preseason top 10. Winning the natty is a longshot but possible for Michigan.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could say the same about how shitty Barrett played over the last two years. If he was playing well, we would've beaten you even worse than what we did. But you'll just say it was michigan's elite defense.

However, when OSU beats you and our defense shines, it's clearly just your shitty QBs and not our defense which has put more players in the first round over the last 3 years than any other school outside of Alabama.
You could say those things. I wouldn't argue with that. That doesn't negate my point though. When I say Michigan isn't far off, it's not an argument against that point by saying OSU could have also gotten better play out of specific units to be better. Neither team won national titles so there was improvements to be made on both teams. Michigan is further back because our QB play wasn't just average, like OSU's was, it was atrocious.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a year where Clemson dismantled Ohio State in the playoffs. Michigan was not really that close to winning a title. You also lost to FSU.
That argument doesn't work. Different teams match up and play differently. Yes, we lost to FSU. But, again, different games with different meanings. Michigan was also a defeated and frustrated team at that point after what went down in Columbus. It's impossible to say how things would turn out in a different scenario. The fact remains, Michigan was probably 3 inches from being a playoff team. And we certainly had the defensive talent to win a championship.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say those things. I wouldn't argue with that. That doesn't negate my point though. When I say Michigan isn't far off, it's not an argument against that point by saying OSU could have also gotten better play out of specific units to be better. Neither team won national titles so there was improvements to be made on both teams. Michigan is further back because our QB play wasn't just average, like OSU's was, it was atrocious.
I don't argue with this. However, michigan's offense overall wasn't good over the last few years. What's the highest drafted position player you guys have put in the NFL recently?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't argue with this. However, michigan's offense overall wasn't good over the last few years. What's the highest drafted position player you guys have put in the NFL recently?
Without looking, my guess would be Funchess a few years ago. I think he went in the 2nd round. But that would have been before Harbaugh. Beyond him, probably one of the receivers from the massive draft haul in 2017 -- Darboh or Chesson. Don't remember which went higher. It's definitely been a shortfall but that's also because it was a failure on Hoke's part to recruit highly skilled offensive players. It's been part of our major issues on offense. Our line was depleted because of recruiting shortfalls. Our RB's were all Harbaugh guys, none of Hoke's worked out. The WR's were good. But the only QB's Hoke left us with was Speight and Morris; which is why we've relied heavily on QB transfers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU was 11th in the 2013 preseason poll and had 14/1 odds. Michigan has 15/1 odds and will be preseason top 10. Winning the natty is a longshot but possible for Michigan.

I disagree about the possible of a longshot Natty for meeeechegan this year only because they have nothing that looks like a QB. But their D is damn good. So I'm guessing they will go as far as their D takes them this year. Also in '13 your Noles had Jameis. Not sure who meeeechegan's QB was that year but obviously he was nowhere near the caliber of JW.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about the possible of a longshot Natty for meeeechegan this year only because they have nothing that looks like a QB. But their D is damn good. So I'm guessing they will go as far as their D takes them this year. Also in '13 your Noles had Jameis. Not sure who meeeechegan's QB was that year but obviously he was nowhere near the caliber of JW.
I wouldn't say that

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They obviously need that Ole Miss transfer not to be just good but to be downright elite from day 1.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They obviously need that Ole Miss transfer not to be just good but to be downright elite from day 1.
With a bunch of guys with the mobility of a road barrel blocking for him.