• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan working on "lifetime contract" with Harbaugh

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you win, Great Dayne has to stop being a dumbass in any and all posts?

Pretty sure I have a better chance of being the next governor of Colorado before that happens.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything to stop this stupid shit:

DPIRQiDUMAU1S_u.jpg
Guy in the middle is the most annoying person covering college football. Very arrogant for a guy that got carried his entire time at bama

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy in the middle is the most annoying person covering college football. Very arrogant for a guy that got carried his entire time at bama
Honestly, I haven't watched college football live since they got rid of Mark May and Holtz. Much more entertaining, and far less serious, than what they have on now. It's garbage programming now filled with nobodies all trying to say the most outrageous thing to get coverage.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I haven't watched college football live since they got rid of Mark May and Holtz. Much more entertaining, and far less serious, than what they have on now. It's garbage programming now filled with nobodies all trying to say the most outrageous thing to get coverage.

I haven't bothered watching any kind of sports talk shows in years. My few remaining brain cells are thankful for that.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lifetime Contract" is dumber than "Coach in Waiting" and I didn't think that was even possible.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Pelini's first 3 years had one 9 and two 10 win seasons.

Harbaugh's first two years were 10 win seasons.

Michigan has two games remaining. Ohio St and their bowl.

The best Harbaugh can do is 10 wins again. That would be one win more than Bo Pelini in his first 3 seasons.

If Michigan loses to Ohio St, then the best Harbaugh can do is 9 wins if they win their bowl. That would be equal wins to Pelini.

If Michigan loses both the Ohio St game and their Bowl, then Harbaugh will finish with 8 wins. One less than Bo Pelini in a 3 year period.

As I said...Good thing Nebraska didn't give Bo Pelini a "Lifetime Contract" based on Jim Harbaugh success.

I was giving hairbawlz too much credit as being just another Bo Pelini.

pelini > hairbawlz

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many wins does Harbaugh need next season to keep his job?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many wins does Harbaugh need next season to keep his job?
Harbaugh is here for as long as he wants to be here. There will be down years and this is one of them. Coaching changes need to be made on the offense, as replacements from last year did not work out (clearly). As fans, we just have to sit back and wait for it to be good again.

Overall, he's still a great coach -- he's just taking too long.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is here for as long as he wants to be here. There will be down years and this is one of them. Coaching changes need to be made on the offense, as replacements from last year did not work out (clearly). As fans, we just have to sit back and wait for it to be good again.

Overall, he's still a great coach -- he's just taking too long.
You hope this is just a down year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought it was a good season.

But my expectations for Michigan weren't based on hopes and dreams.
I was expecting 9-3 and then the bowl game was up for grabs. 8-4 was slightly unexpected with the loss to MSU but losing to South Carolina is horrible given the talent gap.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hope this is just a down year.
Sure. Can’t do anything but sit back and watch it play out. I’ll say this. I have low hope for next year if no offensive coaching changes are made. That was simply embarrassing

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting 9-3 and then the bowl game was up for grabs. 8-4 was slightly unexpected with the loss to MSU but losing to South Carolina is horrible given the talent gap.
Coming into the season I said 8-4 would be a good season with all of the Hoke talent they lost.

I never assume a Michigan Bowl victory. Saint Bo was 5-12 in those.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my original post, it seems this concept isn't going away:
Warde Manuel wants Jim Harbaugh and John Beilein to coach at Michigan until they retire

"I'm extremely pleased with where we are from a staffing, coaching standpoint and Jim and John are two people that I would love to see retire from this institution, retire from coaching."

I wouldn't be shocked if we see major contract extensions for both Beilein and Harbaugh in the next few months.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warde Manuel wants Jim Harbaugh and John Beilein to coach at Michigan until they retire

"I'm extremely pleased with where we are from a staffing, coaching standpoint and Jim and John are two people that I would love to see retire from this institution, retire from coaching."

I wouldn't be shocked if we see major contract extensions for both Beilein and Harbaugh in the next few months.

Wow. And if he finishes second in the division we will make him Pope.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beilein makes sense as he's actually accomplished something of substance. Especially considering what the basketball program looked like when he took over. He's awesome. If Harbaugh has another 3-4 loss season, he certainly needs to be re-evaluated, or at least the expectation level shouldn't be as high.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beilein makes sense as he's actually accomplished something of substance. Especially considering what the basketball program looked like when he took over. He's awesome. If Harbaugh has another 3-4 loss season, he certainly needs to be re-evaluated, or at least the expectation level shouldn't be as high.
On the other hand, see what Beilein's record looked like after year four....the Football program was only in marginally better shape when Harbaugh took over in the fact that previous coaches had recruited some decent talent. Harbaugh came in and instantly turned things around. The next step is turning us into a national competitor. I think given time he can.