• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan week/game thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team coming together nicely. inuries on D are a real killer so far, but they played well overall against Temple in spite of the adversity on that side. Offense is getting better and better.

Very tall order this week, even if we were healthy, think we'll score on Michigan, but not enough to get the W

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed LBU. If we could just get a complete game from all facets, we might actually be very competitive for the likes of a Michigan.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After an early scare by Colorado this past week I expect Michigan will be on their top game and will beat us by a wide margin.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends a lot on whether or not we clean things up and quit turning the ball over. I have little doubt we'll move the ball and score, but if we make mistakes we could get thumped. Also worrisome that we have 3 LB's injured and they were our opening day starters. Right now I'll go 42-31 scUM, but could change depending on injuries....I think Bell and Cabinda both play as of now and Golden should as well....if any of them are out, well...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our D's injuries and youth will show a lot this game. Sorely will be running for his life and they will stack the box against our 2 headed monster. UM 45 - PSU 10

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our D's injuries and youth will show a lot this game. Sorely will be running for his life and they will stack the box against our 2 headed monster. UM 45 - PSU 10

Hell, we scored more than that on them last year with zero threat to pass and a much worse OL. Far more concerned with our D than our O being able to score against anyone this season.

My BIGGEST concern is that I'll be at a wedding and have to watch the game on DVR...at least if it sucks I can FF through it

Last edited:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to stay positive. Only good thing about 3 LB's injured and 1 ejected is that the young guys will get lots of playing time.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 LB's out. Today it is not LBU but just U

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another head scratcher decision for Franklin. Why call a timeout to avoid a delay of game when you were going to be kicking a 26yd after penalty. You need those TO for end of game if we can get it close. I keep saying he is a great recruiter but only a okay HC.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another head scratcher decision for Franklin. Why call a timeout to avoid a delay of game when you were going to be kicking a 26yd after penalty. You need those TO for end of game if we can get it close. I keep saying he is a great recruiter but only a okay HC.

He stated in the post-game interview that he was planning on going for it, and then decided to take the points. I'm not saying there isn't issues with the coaching staff, but I'd give him a pass on that one.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stated in the post-game interview that he was planning on going for it, and then decided to take the points. I'm not saying there isn't issues with the coaching staff, but I'd give him a pass on that one.

Thanks I did not hear that. It makes sense but another question is why not go for it when down 30. UM kept going for it on 4th down and we looked gun shy. You took the timeout so you could go for it, used the TO but then instead take the FG doesn't add up to me when you are down so much. We played better after halftime but like Pitt was in a deep hole. This season will be a lot of learning experiences for our team.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was a real eye-opener as to how far away Penn State is from returning to relevance.

The recruiting binge that we witnessed after Franklin took over in 2014-15 really boosted expectations and had me believing that we would be contenders by 2017, but with the results on the field, Franklin isn't going to be able to recruit at that level. There is lots of young talent, but it is unbalanced and we might not have a winning record this year. Recruiting is hurting as a result and I don't expect to see a top 20 class in 2017 or 2018. It's going to be tough to keep guys like Parsons in the fold while we are clearly a mediocre team right now that doesn't scare anyone. It took Alabama 20 years and a handful of coaches to recover from their sanctions, and while I expect Penn State to do better than that, it is going to be a long process. Considering the slow down of donations and infighting amongst our doners, I'm not sure our facilities are going to be a selling point for recruits either and time soon, although the locker room looks cool.

Time for the PSU faithful to make a statement with our wallets and our home field atmosphere because those are the ways to differentiate ourselves from other mediocre Power 5 programs. Time for the PSU faithful to realize that patience is necessary and that while next year will hopefully be better, we are a few years away from being a powerhouse and that is if everything goes right. For example, I don't expect the front 7 to match what it was from 2002-2015 for a long time. We Are...

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:eek: 49-10. As expected. Many years will go by before PSU football greatness is restored. :sleep: I don't see premier HS standouts wanting to join ex-Vanderbuilt coach Franklin and his Lions. :fear:

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am extremely disheartened. I expected us to at least put on a bit of a show, but even that didn't happen... I turned off the game in disgust immediately after the refs ejected our player for the BS "targeting" call. Michigan didn't need ref assistance in slaughtering us.

At times our offensive line looked more like a finish line than the construction cones in my avatar... 7-5 looks like our regular season ceiling for the third straight year...

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to have a winning record, calm down. As much as I don't want to admit it, Michigan is a really good team. If they start losing to the Rutgers and Indianas then maybe there's a cause for concern, but so far, what more can you expect? The Michigan loss was expected, the Pitt game was really close and PSU could have won if a few things went their way. Most of the talent on this team is very young, just be patient.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said anything about a losing record. Looking at our schedule we should easily make it to 6-6. Franklin tends to win the games he's expected to win and lose the games he's expected to lose. All I want is for us to be competitive in the games that we lose instead of this horse$&!#. Pre-season I was expecting 7-5 again, which we can (and should) still hit. I just don't see an 8-4 or better season being possible which would finally be an improvement.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch a snap off the game, was at a wedding. All I can say is I knew we'd give up points, but I am disappointed the O didn't produce more. They have the skill to put up more than 10 against that team. Saw the replay of the targeting call and that was horse shit as well. I think I am playing linebacker if Cabinda isn't back this week...what an unbelievable run of horrible luck there

On to Minny, we are 3 point favorites. Really, after watching noon games this week, only game I don't think we have a shot in is OSU. That said, we could lose to almost anyone as well.