• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan vs PSU

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Funchess has the Muchies because I want to see him targeted 10 times, It's time to put some big boy pants on and move the trenches.....If the Defense has a good day I think the Offense can put up 28 points.....No room for turnovers in this game. Just make the play and if it's not there don't do anything stupid, tuck it and run or throw it out of bounds.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said to target Funchess and BOOYAH! 59 yard TD completion........That's one target, give me 9 more targets to that kid!!!!!!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan is in the game? WTH......I didn't know he was back yet..........He already made his impact for the day!!!!!!

hockeydad55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're at the point where we have to admit ... our o-line is BAD! No running room for Fitz and Green, and no time on throws for Devin.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been bad all year..

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 turnovers in the first half? That's the tale of the tape. The score could easily be 21-10 Michigan but Gardner makes horrible deicisions when he isn't running. The defense is fine, Gardner needs to apologize to the whole locker room at halftime, that was god awful.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funchess still has munchess.........That's two, target the guy all day, he's already NFL ready why play ticky tack girly stuff when this guy can beat his man everytime.....If this guy isn't targeted 10 times a game the OC needs to be fired.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst coached games I've ever seen.. This looks like a vintage RichRod season..

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a hard fought effort by both teams and the stats were similar. Each blew opportunities to win it. This was the first 4-OT game I've seen. In the end PSU had one less missed FG and that was the difference. Defenses took the day off. GG Wolverines!

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss, but were still 5-1 and it's only 1 conference loss.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we win next week and get back into the top 25.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst coached games I've ever seen.. This looks like a vintage RichRod season..

Little bit of an over reaction...The defense did fine. It was put in a lot of bad positions by the offense. It forced multiple turnovers - and ones that should have won the game for the struggling offense. There were some very conservative plays called at the end but even with those, we had plenty of opportunities to win the game. Rich Rod never would have been in this game - see the last time we played PSU @ beaver stadium.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we win next week and get back into the top 25.

The coaches still have us ranked - #24. And that's the poll used in the BCS. So a solid win against Indiana could do wonders for the team's moral. The best part about this is we have another bye week coming up before we face MSU. So if we can beat Indiana I feel confident about our chances moving forward. More time to correct mistakes.

Also, Jake Ryan played awesomely in limited time. Once he's fully back, that will help significantly.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little bit of an over reaction...The defense did fine. It was put in a lot of bad positions by the offense. It forced multiple turnovers - and ones that should have won the game for the struggling offense. There were some very conservative plays called at the end but even with those, we had plenty of opportunities to win the game. Rich Rod never would have been in this game - see the last time we played PSU @ beaver stadium.

By this point, RR would have been hanging 60 on the PSU defense. Not sure how many the defense would give up but I do know he wouldn't take a knee in OT to set up a FG. We suffered the bad but didn't reap the rewards of the philosophy change. We are now Notre Dame. Worried more about protecting the brand than winning games.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this point, RR would have been hanging 60 on the PSU defense. Not sure how many the defense would give up but I do know he wouldn't take a knee in OT to set up a FG. We suffered the bad but didn't reap the rewards of the philosophy change. We are now Notre Dame. Worried more about protecting the brand than winning games.

Not sure that's true. He had most of these players, including one of the best running QB's in the history of the game, and we were still struggling against more powerful teams. It's also hard to say how recruiting would be at this point. It's very unlikely that RR comes back after that 7-5 season and goes 11-2. While the offense may have improved a little, I suspect our recruiting was going to continue to slip and we probably wouldn't have some of the decent players on this team that we currently do.

I worry about being the next Notre Dame. We still have time to escape that fate but this staff has to do something in the next couple of years to avoid that. I do, at this point, believe that Hoke is not nearly as good of a coach as guys like Urban and Saban and relies heavily on coordinators to succeed. And that may be our downfall if Borges and Co. can't get things together with this offense.

Hoke needs to beat at least MSU or OSU for the real heat to stay off him this year.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that's true. He had most of these players, including one of the best running QB's in the history of the game, and we were still struggling against more powerful teams. It's also hard to say how recruiting would be at this point. It's very unlikely that RR comes back after that 7-5 season and goes 11-2. While the offense may have improved a little, I suspect our recruiting was going to continue to slip and we probably wouldn't have some of the decent players on this team that we currently do.

I worry about being the next Notre Dame. We still have time to escape that fate but this staff has to do something in the next couple of years to avoid that. I do, at this point, believe that Hoke is not nearly as good of a coach as guys like Urban and Saban and relies heavily on coordinators to succeed. And that may be our downfall if Borges and Co. can't get things together with this offense.

Hoke needs to beat at least MSU or OSU for the real heat to stay off him this year.

Go back a couple of weeks to the Point After segment of Big Ten & Beyond on BTN. Gerry GiNardo was describing his time as the offensive coordinator for Bill McCartney in Colorado. After a few poor years, and thoughts of firing McCartney they were thoughts of firing him and moving on. They decided to have patience and soon they had a national title and McCartney is in the Hall of Fame. You want to avoid becoming Notre Dame? Then don't knee jerk and fire the coach at the first down turn. Remember even with the lows under Hoke, there are plenty of highs.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back a couple of weeks to the Point After segment of Big Ten & Beyond on BTN. Gerry GiNardo was describing his time as the offensive coordinator for Bill McCartney in Colorado. After a few poor years, and thoughts of firing McCartney they were thoughts of firing him and moving on. They decided to have patience and soon they had a national title and McCartney is in the Hall of Fame. You want to avoid becoming Notre Dame? Then don't knee jerk and fire the coach at the first down turn. Remember even with the lows under Hoke, there are plenty of highs.

Agreed, I think that Hoke has two more years after this to produce. I do think that Hoke could be under some pressure to shake up the coaching staff a bit with only Mattison being safe.

M&B, your point is taken but PSU is hardly a powerful team. Even by B1G standards, PSU is average and they pushed us around. If you think that we wouldn't have the more potent weapons in the backfield and WR positions, you are crazy. His O-Line was never this bad.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I think that Hoke has two more years after this to produce. I do think that Hoke could be under some pressure to shake up the coaching staff a bit with only Mattison being safe.

:agree:

The heat is definitely rising on Hoke's seat, but I see some comments on here and elsewhere on the interwebs and I just shake my head. Given the situation that he walked into Hoke has done an outstanding job! And some of the staff definitely needs to be looked into. I would give Funk a major warning, that if the O-Line does not start making improvements, he might start having to prep his resume.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not suggesting you fire Hoke. I don't think we're nearly that close. But we're going to start to see more and more support for Hoke fade if we keep regressing as a team. There are plenty of highs under Hoke but the simple fact is that 1. Throughout all 3 years we have been a pretty bad road team 2. we haven't won very many games against high caliber teams.

I think it's also frustrating to see OSU hire Urban after going 6-7 and immediately turning them into a national contender.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any heat on Hoke. Are they as good as we all wanted them to be this year...no. But we have to get beyond that and look at the big picture. First of all Hoke is still playing with RR's recruits that are square pegs in round holes in terms of the style of play that Hoke wants to play. Despite that major fact he is still winning. He won a bowl game, he darn near beat an SEC team in a bowl game. He's won a hackuva alot more than he has lost. He brought integrity back to the program. He brought top notch recruiting back. He has brought coaching consistency. What he needs is a QB thats not a dumbass, hopefully Morris is the guy.