• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan vs Little brother

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, two top ten recruiting classes in 2012 and 2013, and on the way to another in 2014. What a joke of recruiting. :rollseyes:

Its coming and patience is hard to come by.......Were looking good for the future, just not right now....

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its coming and patience is hard to come by.......Were looking good for the future, just not right now....

:10:

Bingo, I see these comments about firing Hoke and I just shake my head. Do people not remember where this program was 6 years ago? And how far it has come since then?

But nooooooo, we want instant gratification! Nevermind the fact that Hoke is build the foundation on what very well could by a dynasty.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:

Bingo, I see these comments about firing Hoke and I just shake my head. Do people not remember where this program was 6 years ago? And how far it has come since then?

But nooooooo, we want instant gratification! Nevermind the fact that Hoke is build the foundation on what very well could by a dynasty.

Six years ago, you went 9-4. This year, you will be lucky to go 9-4. Am I missing something here?

You fired a coach after he went 7-6 in his third season when they were improving every year. Yet somehow guy whose team will likely go 8-5 and whose teams are regressing shouldn't be considered on the hotseat? Uh, why

Last edited by a moderator:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six years ago, you went 9-4. This year, you will be lucky to go 9-4. Am I missing something here?

You fired a coach after he went 7-6 in his third season when they were improving every year. Yet somehow guy whose team will likely go 8-5 and whose teams are regressing shouldn't be considered on the hotseat? Uh, why?

Maybe I should have said five years ago.

But as to your question, because this coach went 11-2 his first season and the other guy went 3-9. While the record took a step back last year, most people said the team took a step forward, they just had a far harder schedule. And I haven't given up hope for the rest of this year, they should be Northwestern, I like their chances against Nebraska and Iowa, and I still think they can beat Ohio State, they have the talent to do it.

Admittedly I think that Rich Rod should have gotten a 4th year, but I would't change the way things have turned out.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You fired a coach after he went 7-6 in his third season when they were improving every year. Yet somehow guy whose team will likely go 8-5 and whose teams are regressing shouldn't be considered on the hotseat? Uh, why

When you go 11-2 and win a BCS bowl in your first year it buys you more time. Weis did the same thing at Notre Dame. Hoke very well could end up being our Weis. He needs to make some difficult decisions here in the next few months that may determine his future as HC here. If something doesn't change on the offensive side of the ball (coaching wise) then he's doomed for failure. Player development, specifically on the line, is just not there.

Johnny Spartan

Big Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, two top ten recruiting classes in 2012 and 2013, and on the way to another in 2014. What a joke of recruiting. :rollseyes:

Oh, I know what the recruiting magazines say and how you all buy those magazines up. But just remember that the #1 Defense in the Land that just waxed UofM is made up of the following:

two 4*'s, seven 3*'s and two 2*'s (at cornerback).

Player Evaluation: Coach D and staff > the best at Rivals/247/Scout

It only matters what your coaches do with those recruits when they get on campus.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know what the recruiting magazines say and how you all buy those magazines up. But just remember that the #1 Defense in the Land that just waxed UofM is made up of the following:

It only matters what your coaches do with those recruits when they get on campus.

I cannot totally disagree. But if you look at the successful programs (say like Alabama), they tend to have more 5-stars than those at the bottom.

Here's the thing to remember about what Hoke is dealling with, those top recruiting classes are only still freshman and sophmores. So guess what? They are playing like freshman and sophmores! Not only are the juniors and seniors for the most part sub-par talent wise, they were talent that was recruited (and here's the important thing) for a different system.

I mean even Dantonio wasn't looking so hot his first three years (especially his third); 7-6(3-5), 9-4(6-2), and 6-7(4-4). It was only in his forth year did the Spartans hit their stride under Dantonio, after he was able to get his players and coach them up to his system. Shouldn't we give Hoke the same time before drawing any solid conclusions.

Though if we compare where Dantonio was at this point in his career to what Hoke has done so far:
Hoke is 25-9(14-6) with a Sugar Bowl win; Dantonio was 20-14(12-9) with no bowl wins. Advantage Hoke.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, to kinda prove my point I did a little research. Not once since 2006 did the any of the national champions have a single class (so the seniors being the recruiting class of 2002, as far back as both Scouts and Rivals go) less than 22nd and they had an average ranking of 7.17 per class. So if you thing Dantonio is going to win anything other than the Big Ten now and then with an average recruiting class ranking in the 40's, you got almost nothing to base that on.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's just put it this way, I'd hate to see what the MSU defense would look like if they were recruiting as well as Michigan, Ohio State or Alabama. And I don't think you'd disagree with that.

I still believe that MSU has a limit under this current coaching staff until they figure something out offensively. They still aren't hitting that next level. MSU is pumping out elite defensive classes one after another but their success largely rides on the ups and downs of the offense. Offensively is where you see the largest impact of not being able to recruit at a high level; there just aren't any play makers on that side of the ball.

Until then, MSU will be a good but not great team. But maybe that's all MSU really needs to be. Hell, that's better than I can say about Michigan right now.

Last edited by a moderator: