• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan Senior Starting CB to Transfer to Auburn

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Michigan CB Blake Countess says on Instagram he'll transfer to Auburn

Assuming he hasn't jumped the gun in making it official Countess's decision shapes up as a major boon for Will Muschamp as he attempts to overhaul Auburn's porous 2014 defense -- particularly in a secondary already thinned by transfers out and so lacking in depth Muschamp called himself the team's third safety during spring camp.

Though Countess (like virtually all of his Wolverines teammates) struggled at times during his 2014 junior season, he was still named Honorable Mention All-Big Ten and projected as an almost-certain starter for the Wolverines this coming season. Countess appeared in 38 games overall during his three seasons at Michigan, starting 30, and was named first-team All-Big Ten after a 2013 sophomore season in which he tied for the conference lead in interceptions.

As a graduate transfer, Countess will be eligible immediately. He becomes the third major-program transfer to Auburn in a matter of weeks, following former five-star offensive lineman Darius James from Texas and three-star cornerback signee Jamel Dean from Ohio State.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
M&B will be here shortly to discuss how Countess didn't fit into Hardsacks new D. Or he was a troublemaker that Hardsack was going to boot anyway.
It's either that or he finds a way to blame it on Urban and tOSU.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M&B will be here shortly to discuss how Countess didn't fit into Hardsacks new D. Or he was a troublemaker that Hardsack was going to boot anyway.
Damn...how much rent is your head? Are there any vacancies?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...how much rent is your head? Are there any vacancies?
Actually MnB and I discussed his transfer last week I believe. He stated that he was a terrible defender and was losing his job to a red shirt freshman and a transfer so he wasn't needed anyways.

Predict you Rivals 2015 Season | Page 11 | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, after reading M&B on Rudock, that is major kool-aid drinker and then in the same breath will turn into a black widow and eat their mate.
If you read any of the articles on Michigan players who transfer, it gets pretty dark in the comments section. 90% of it is "loser, your terrible (yes I am spelling your that way intentionally, you suck, scrub, we don't need you anyways," type stuff. Very little "Good luck".

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn had a job opening for his mother its a normal practice in NCAA football.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I liked Countess. He just always struggled in press coverage, which we started doing a lot more of under Mattison. Assuming they do a lot of zone, he'll be fine there. While he did start a lot of games, he was rotated out a lot because he had trouble in the press. My guess is that he saw the writing on the wall with Peppers healthy and that Lyons transfer. Lyons will probably be the 3rd CB when needed and Countess was going to drop a lot in playing time. Makes sense to go to a team where he may start the whole year.

With that said, I would much rather have kept a solid starter than to see him transfer away. But, as mentioned, I don't know how much he actually would have started this year so it was probably a good move for his own career.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYONE was a terrible defender for Michigan last year. He was one of the LEAST terrible. (honorable all-B1G)

Debatable. As I stated in my post above, I don't believe he would have started this year with Peppers healthy and the Lyons grad transfer from Stanford.