• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan pulls out of Arkansas series

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point? USC finished 3rd last year, hardly a "down" USC.

And you know damn well Alabama doesn't schedule that game had $C not been down since Pete Carroll left.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know damn well Alabama doesn't schedule that game had $C not been down since Pete Carroll left.
They were no Eastern Washington, that's for sure.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They finished the previous year in the top 20 when the game was scheduled....

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC was good when they scheduled Bama. The other poster said USC was "down" which isn't accurate. Were they top 5 when they scheduled, no. But if you schedule USC odds are its going to be a tough game. Anytime you knowingly schedule a top 20 team(USC) for that matter, you're scheduling aggressively IMO.

Also, when scheduling games 3-5 years in advance, I would think teams would look at recruiting rankings as a measurement for the potential of how good that team could be when they finally play. USC was pretty strong in recruiting the previous years before that game was scheduled (#8 in 2012, #13 in 2013, #10 in 2014). Now, that isn't as good as the Carroll years, but only Saban's recruiting classes have been that good since Carroll left for the NFL.

Bama scheduling USC was a BIG deal back a few years ago IMO. Even if USC didn't have a great team to start the 2016 season, there was a lot of potential that they could have been great.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With FSU on their schedule this year, I don't see and evidence of how 'Bama is afraid to schedule ANYONE.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when scheduling games 3-5 years in advance, I would think teams would look at recruiting rankings as a measurement for the potential of how good that team could be when they finally play.
You are being way to altruistic. All of 'em want the most profitable/winnable games period they can schedule OOC. They[ll only take risking a potential loss when the $$$ tilts so far that way they can't turn it down. Only those of us consumed by CFB want to see great OOC matchups all the time regardless of $$$.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With FSU on their schedule this year, I don't see and evidence of how 'Bama is afraid to schedule ANYONE.
Money was too good for both to pass up. And, the frickin' committee shouldn't punish the loser since they were willing to at least play the game. I'd still rather see 'em play home/home but that's JMO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what Bama's playing FSU. It's not in the Noles backyard. That's the only issue I have w/ Saban. He refuses to play true home & home series against any P5 program. And that ain't right.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what Bama's playing FSU. It's not in the Noles backyard. That's the only issue I have w/ Saban. He refuses to play true home & home series against any P5 program. And that ain't right.

Why would he do that though? If I can get a marque game every year (Michigan, Wisconsin, VaTech, USC, Florida St, etc.), why would I tie myself up with a home and home?

Personally, I'd MUCH rather see my team play a different BIG program every year, than the same program two years in a row. Maybe I'm in the minority in that opinion though. :noidea:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt have to do the H/H. No issues with recruiting or ranking so why do that?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he do that though? If I can get a marque game every year (Michigan, Wisconsin, VaTech, USC, Florida St, etc.), why would I tie myself up with a home and home?

Personally, I'd MUCH rather see my team play a different BIG program every year, than the same program two years in a row. Maybe I'm in the minority in that opinion though. :noidea:

I disagree w/ you. I like it when teams play home & home series.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt have to do the H/H. No issues with recruiting or ranking so why do that?

To each their own. Could you imagine the amount shit Meyer would take if he refused to play H/H's & only played teams @ a neutral site somewhere in the Midwest?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree w/ you. I like it when teams play home & home series.

Well it would take 10 seasons to play all those teams above, instead of the 5 seasons it took to play all those games. Plus it gave fans in that part of the country (wherever the neutral site is located) the chance to see their team play. I think it has A LOT of upside to it. But I can see why you would want to see your team play a big program in your back yard.

Unfortunately for guys that want the "home and home", I think the model that Alabama is using (neutral site games) is likely to become more common.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it would take 10 seasons to play all those teams above, instead of the 5 seasons it took to play all those games. Plus it gave fans in that part of the country (wherever the neutral site is located) the chance to see their team play. I think it has A LOT of upside to it. But I can see why you would want to see your team play a big program in your back yard.

Unfortunately for guys that want the "home and home", I think the model that Alabama is using (neutral site games) is likely to become more common.

You might be right about neutral sites becoming more common but I hope not.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right about neutral sites becoming more common but I hope not.

The Tennessee vs. VaTech game was one that likely would not have been nearly as publicized had they not played it at a neutral site IMO. I see more teams trying to do these "one game" match ups at a neutral site in the future.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own. Could you imagine the amount shit Meyer would take if he refused to play H/H's & only played teams @ a neutral site somewhere in the Midwest?
Of course. But right now they are top of the mountain and others are letting them set the rules.