• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan pulls out of Arkansas series

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is what old news which I didn't pay attention to until I saw an article where Arkansas had finally found a replacement opponent (Colorado St).

So an SEC team is going to play home and home with a B1G team and they cancel?

For real all Michigan fans can just STFU about out of conference schedules. I don't give a crap you did it to play ND (which get off their nut sack and have some pride they freakin ditched your ass) no more whining period.

It was a home and home agreement and everything you bitches complain that the SEC doesn't do and you canceled.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is what old news which I didn't pay attention to until I saw an article where Arkansas had finally found a replacement opponent (Colorado St).

So an SEC team is going to play home and home with a B1G team and they cancel?

For real all Michigan fans can just STFU about out of conference schedules. I don't give a crap you did it to play ND (which get off their nut sack and have some pride they freakin ditched your ass) no more whining period.

It was a home and home agreement and everything you bitches complain that the SEC doesn't do and you canceled.
You haven't dealt with Michigan fans much, have you? Being hypocritical and whining is what they do.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking forward to the Michigan series but a trip to Fort Collins isn't bad either

stadium-render-002-1280x720.jpg

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas would curb stomp them....hell, ND will too !

bwahahahahaha !

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears as though Michigan does whatever ND wants them to do. Does that make Michigan, ND's bitch? :nod:
MI was riding tOSU's coattails and trying to schedule bigger OOC games. But then they went right back to being the bitches they are.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Michigan fan, I'm glad they made the switch. It is kind of like buying a new Camry, but having the chance to upgrade to a new Escalade a few month later and it literally cost you nothing more to do it. It's a no brainer.

Bottom line is, virtually no one outside of fans in Arkansas cares about that football program. The ND vs. Michigan game will double the income and viewers of that game. Michigan paid off Arkansas and took the more profitable (financially and recruiting) option.

EDIT: No offense to Arkansas. I think they have a fine football program down there.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears as though Michigan does whatever ND wants them to do. Does that make Michigan, ND's bitch? :nod:

Yeah, ND killed scheduling this rivalry for some reason, and Michigan BEGGED them to comeback. Again, I have no problem with them doing it. If I got dumped by a really hot chick, I don't think I would have a problem begging her to come back to me...and probably would be praised by my peers if she did come back! :suds:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Michigan fan, I'm glad they made the switch. It is kind of like buying a new Camry, but having the chance to upgrade to a new Escalade a few month later and it literally cost you nothing more to do it. It's a no brainer.

Bottom line is, virtually no one outside of fans in Arkansas cares about that football program. The ND vs. Michigan game will double the income and viewers of that game. Michigan paid off Arkansas and took the more profitable (financially and recruiting) option.

EDIT: No offense to Arkansas. I think they have a fine football program down there.
Someone doesn't understand network economics. The teams are paid the same no matter who you play on TV, the contracts are written in stone (the exception being neutral site games and then the extra cash comes from the organizers because they are outside the network contracts since there is no home team).

The fact is you paid Arkansas 2mm to bail and schedule ND and they aren't going to pay you that much to play. Michigan is losing money in this deal.

Your post is a fail and all this move means is you will suck whatever dick you have to in order to play ND. The ND vs Michigan means absolutely nothing to the majority of the football world. ND didn't even think twice before cutting you from their schedule.

College football fans would be more excited if ND was playing Alabama or Miami. I can't think of one ND vs Michigan game that is considered a classic.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone doesn't understand network economics. The teams are paid the same no matter who you play on TV, the contracts are written in stone (the exception being neutral site games and then the extra cash comes from the organizers because they are outside the network contracts since there is no home team).

The fact is you paid Arkansas 2mm to bail and schedule ND and they aren't going pay you that much to play. Michigan is losing money in this deal.

Your post is a fail and all this move means is you will suck whatever dick you have to in order to play ND. The ND vs Michigan means absolutely nothing to the majority of the football world. ND didn't even think twice before cutting you from their schedule.

College football fans would be more excited if ND was playing Alabama or Miami. I can't think of one ND vs Michigan game that is considered a classic.

I don't understand the network ecomonics, so what are the financial details of this contract between ND and Michigan?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, ND killed scheduling this rivalry for some reason, and Michigan BEGGED them to comeback. Again, I have no problem with them doing it. If I got dumped by a really hot chick, I don't think I would have a problem begging her to come back to me...and probably would be praised by my peers if she did come back! :suds:
Except ND is not a hot chick anymore they are actually just a hot mess. Michigan had a chance to schedule a game that would feature two of the strongest conferences and showcase a clash of the B1G vs SEC and bragging rights to go with it.

You chose to crawl back to ND, swallow your pride and look like bitches.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the network ecomonics, so what are the financial details of this contract between ND and Michigan?
It's a home and home.

Typically the amount paid is offset for example UM is paid 500k to 1mm when they are the visitor and ND is paid they same when they are.

Michigan lost 2mm in this deal.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except ND is not a hot chick anymore they are actually just a hot mess. Michigan had a chance to schedule a game that would feature two of the strongest conferences and showcase a clash of the B1G vs SEC and bragging rights to go with it.

You chose to crawl back to ND, swallow your pride and look like bitches.

I grew up in the north (I've lived in GA for about 9 years now), but I feel ND is still a major program in football. Definitely has lost the shine of the 80's and early 90's though.

Regardless, ND is A LOT hotter looking than Arkansas. It's not even close.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a home and home.

Typically the amount paid is offset for example UM is paid 500k to 1mm when they are the visitor and ND is paid they same when they are.

Michigan lost 2mm in this deal.

What are the specific numbers in the deal? Did NBC have anything to do with pushing ND back to Michigan? Where do you get your financial numbers from?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is proof that Jimmy Jam's scared of Bret Bielema.

:harbaugh:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is proof that Jimmy Jam's scared of Bret Bielema.

:harbaugh:

I don't blame him. I don't think Michigan has a very good record against Bielema!

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should help: Michigan–Notre Dame football rivalry - Wikipedia

There are some REALLY good games in this rivalry. It has been weak over the past 15 years or so, mostly due to both programs sucking. :L
Give me one game that has a name I would recognize:

Wide Right
Catholics vs Crimminals

The game didn't have a name like:

Holy War
Red River Shootout
Bedlam
Backyard Brawl
The Big Game

Like I said ND didn't even think the game was worth keeping on the schedule.