• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan lands 2015 five star WR George Campbell

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you see 5 star? It says he has no rating...

Last edited by a moderator:

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently 247 has him as a 5 star and 17 overall, ESPN has him as a 4 star and 3 overall... the dude is on pace to be a stud.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Campbell 6'3.5", 185 pounds. 4.36 40, a 4.2 shuttle and a 37-inch vertical. With numbers like that we could have a Megatron type receiver

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you see 5 star? It says he has no rating...
247 has him ranked as a 5 star and ESPN has him ranked as the #3 player in their initial top 300. ESPN has not handed out official 5 star status yet, but I suspect, given his position in the top 300, that he'll end up as one. Not to mention, the Michigan rivals mods are referring to him as a five star. So I suspect that they have a good guess as to where he'll be when they release the 2015 rankings.

It's pretty clear, based on early indications, that he'll be a consensus top 10 recruit.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently 247 has him as a 5 star and 17 overall, ESPN has him as a 4 star and 3 overall... the dude is on pace to be a stud.

....and a tall one, again. But this one has some wheels to go with his height. Can you really see Harris and Campbell on the field at the same time?

J

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Harris and Campbell see the field right away in their respective classes, hopefully Darboh and Chesson can stretch the field this year to compliment Gallon and Funches, but the future is looking very bright with Butt, Harris, Bunting and Campbell in the mix... If Gardner comes back next year we'll be looking like a top 10 team.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers and now this guy? Wow Brady putting in work!!!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Harris and Campbell see the field right away in their respective classes, hopefully Darboh and Chesson can stretch the field this year to compliment Gallon and Funches, but the future is looking very bright with Butt, Harris, Bunting and Campbell in the mix... If Gardner comes back next year we'll be looking like a top 10 team.

We'll see. I certainly think Harris gets the start because Gallon will have left, leaving a big spot open. But you never know, we get 3 WRs in this class and while they're only 3 star prospects you never know if one of them is going to step up. They'll have a year more in the offense and probably some experience rotating into this pretty thin WR corps.

You never want a freshman starting unless they truly are an athletic freak. If a freshman starts, in all other cases, it means something went wrong.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers and now this guy? Wow Brady putting in work!!!

It's possible that Campbell is actually ranked higher than Peppers. If we land Hand, I would pee myself. That means in the 2013-2015 classes we will likely have a top 5 QB, the #1 RB, the #1DE, the #1WR and the #1CB. Combine that with all the top 100 talent we have, specifically the offensive line these guys will be behind, and we're looking at a team just as loaded as any SEC NC winner.

Talent doesn't mean everything - but this is certainly starting to look real, real good.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I certainly think Harris gets the start because Gallon will have left, leaving a big spot open. But you never know, we get 3 WRs in this class and while they're only 3 star prospects you never know if one of them is going to step up. They'll have a year more in the offense and probably some experience rotating into this pretty thin WR corps.

You never want a freshman starting unless they truly are an athletic freak. If a freshman starts, in all other cases, it means something went wrong.

elite skill position players can start and contribute significantly right away... Harris is a borderline 5 star while Campbell may be the best receiver in his class. Out of the 3 receivers brought in last year Jones probably has the biggest upside due to his solid speed, Dukes and York will most likely end up situational players (blocking on certain running plays, red zone threats...).

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
elite skill position players can start and contribute significantly right away... Harris is a borderline 5 star while Campbell may be the best receiver in his class. Out of the 3 receivers brought in last year Jones probably has the biggest upside due to his solid speed, Dukes and York will most likely end up situational players (blocking on certain running plays, red zone threats...).

Yeah, but I can't imagine Borgess using a 3-receiver set very often. If Harris and Campbell Jr live up to their billing does that mean that Michigan does away with a slot receiver altogether? Probably not a problem after this year unless Norfleet converts.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I can't imagine Borgess using a 3-receiver set very often. If Harris and Campbell Jr live up to their billing does that mean that Michigan does away with a slot receiver altogether? Probably not a problem after this year unless Norfleet converts.

In the future I see Darboh, Jones, and Canteen in the slot... Norfleet and Hayes could very well play there too... Our offense will have a lot of 2 TE sets also.