• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan football player pleads guilty to felony

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just to be clear:

"Per a report from the Lansing State Journal, Perry took a plea deal in Ingham County Circuit Court on Wednesday morning -- pleading guilty to one felony count of resisting arrest and one misdemeanor count of assault and battery.

"In exchange, Perry was able to get prosecutors to drop two counts of misdemeanor criminal sexual conduct from his record. Per LSJ, his sentencing will be Aug. 2.

"Perry took the plea under the Holmes Youthful Trainee Act, which allows the record of this case to become non-public and will allow for the case to be sealed and dismissed from his record (after he turns 24) upon the completion of his pending sentence. In addition, any conviction of a felony -- per HYTA -- would not appear on Perry's public record. Again, if he's compliant with his sentence, it would be wiped entirely."

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear:

"Per a report from the Lansing State Journal, Perry took a plea deal in Ingham County Circuit Court on Wednesday morning -- pleading guilty to one felony count of resisting arrest and one misdemeanor count of assault and battery.

"In exchange, Perry was able to get prosecutors to drop two counts of misdemeanor criminal sexual conduct from his record. Per LSJ, his sentencing will be Aug. 2.

"Perry took the plea under the Holmes Youthful Trainee Act, which allows the record of this case to become non-public and will allow for the case to be sealed and dismissed from his record (after he turns 24) upon the completion of his pending sentence. In addition, any conviction of a felony -- per HYTA -- would not appear on Perry's public record. Again, if he's compliant with his sentence, it would be wiped entirely."
Doesn't change the fact that he was grabbing a woman by her ass and crotch and will give Michigan the distinction to have the last two Big Ten players play football after being convicted of a felony.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't change the fact that he was grabbing a woman by her ass and crotch and will give Michigan the distinction to have the last two Big Ten players play football after being convicted of a felony.

And you know this how? Were you there? And, an MSU fan shouldn't point fingers given what's going on at MSU.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know this how? Were you there? And, an MSU fan shouldn't point fingers given what's going on at MSU.
What's going on at MSU? How do you know? Were you there?

I am taking the victim at her word just like I did with the MSU cases and said I wanted the players kicked off the team immediately. In the thread talking about this incident, I told them to make a thread about it because I didn't want a deflection. But continue to deflect as Harbaugh opens up his arms to another Michigan felon and Michigan fans will cheer for a player who assaulted a woman.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on at MSU? How do you know? Were you there?

I am taking the victim at her word just like I did with the MSU cases and said I wanted the players kicked off the team immediately. In the thread talking about this incident, I told them to make a thread about it because I didn't want a deflection. But continue to deflect as Harbaugh opens up his arms to another Michigan felon and Michigan fans will cheer for a player who assaulted a woman.

I can read the news just like you apparently can. How do you know that the victim didn't change her story and wouldn't testify? As for deflecting, . . . get a grip.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can read the news just like you apparently can. How do you know that the victim didn't change her story and wouldn't testify? As for deflecting, . . . get a grip.
So Michigan players are always innocent and Michigan State players are always a criminal. Got it, homer.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Michigan players are always innocent and Michigan State players are always a criminal. Got it, homer.

Your words, not mine. Perry is obviously not "innocent" of all charges, but the charge of sexual assault was dropped. If that's the case for MSU players, so be it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your words, not mine. Perry is obviously not "innocent" of all charges, but the charge of sexual assault was dropped. If that's the case for MSU players, so be it.
I'm not the one doing mental gymnastics to justify having a felon on my team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU players think this guy is a pussy.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU players think this guy is a pussy.
Yes because Michigan hasn't had in the last 5 years had a r@pist, someone who threaten to r@pe a sexual assault victim, a guy who choke slammed his girlfriend in front of her two little brothers, and now this guy. Continue to deflect to Michigan State.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually don't know that. He claims he wasn't, she claims he was.

I have no problem with Perry coming back to the team now that we know more about the incident. Even if he truly was guilty of grabbing a girl inappropriately, I wouldn't consider that an offense worth ruining someone's life over. Now, what Frank Clark did I have a problem with and think he never should have been back on the team. At least Harbaugh has never played a kid fresh out of serving a prison sentence.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually don't know that. He claims he wasn't, she claims he was.

I have no problem with Perry coming back to the team now that we know more about the incident. Even if he truly was guilty of grabbing a girl inappropriately, I wouldn't consider that an offense worth ruining someone's life over. Now, what Frank Clark did I have a problem with and think he never should have been back on the team. At least Harbaugh has never played a kid fresh out of serving a prison sentence.
Ok then all those Michigan state players should still be on the team because they claimed they didn't assault their victims.

And he hasn't yet. He has shown it's all about getting the win.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fans of both Michigan schools are arguing which teams players accused of sexual assault are worse than the others players accused of sexual assault. Nice.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then all those Michigan state players should still be on the team because they claimed they didn't assault their victims.

And he hasn't yet. He has shown it's all about getting the win.
A gang r*pe is a bit different of a charge compared to grabbing someone's ass....and there's pretty blatant evidence in the case. King originally denied having sex, then was later shown surveillance of him and the victim together. He still denied having sex, and then later admitted to the sexual contact. Then police got a warrant and searched their phones and found both text messages and video that implicated all 3 players. It's definitely not her word against theirs, there's evidence in both video and text message form.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fans of both Michigan schools are arguing which teams players accused of sexual assault are worse than the others players accused of sexual assault. Nice.
Don't make me bring Osa Masina and Don Hill into this.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't make me bring Osa Masina and Don Hill into this.

You mean players who never stepped foot on campus again? yeah bring it up all you want. and even though charges were dropped they can disappear and rot for all I care. I don't give them a pass like all of you .
See the difference ?