• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Micheal Bennett read books during Meetings my rant

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Bennett's Disrespect To Pete Carroll Was On Another Level And It May Have Led To The Trade

So a story came out that Bennett would read books during team meetings because he felt that he heard everything Caroll had to say. I wasnt a basher of Bennett while he was on the team but now that he is gone I am very disappointed with the things I am hearing and Im glad we got atleast a 5th round pick for him. I can see why players like him and Richard Sherman were never named team captains their egos have gone straight to their head. What kind of standard are you setting for new incoming players by not listening to the coach, Pete shouldnt need to come up with new material every season to motivate you to play hard you guys are veteran players you should help preach everything that caroll is saying. What happened in the Super happened and it was 3 years ago its time to get over it and move on dont be questioning everything the coaches and management does. if you really want to break down that game we probably would have won if the defense didnt give up 14 points in the 4th quarter.

I am glad the hawks are clearing house I can see that there was a toxic locker room and they had to cut ties with these players. I also think that the hawks had inside information with bennetts legal problem that surfaced about a week after we traded him. All he does is complain that he doesnt get paid enough and I think its funny that Baldwin said its hard to take him serious when he shows up to practice in 10 different cars.

I think it is better to have a team full of young players that are all about football and will listen to the coaches and do whats best for the team. Thanks for listening to my rant LOL

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading books during team meetings....what a great example for the younger players! I am sure this is exactly what Russell Wilson & Bobby Wagner do as well.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along similar lines, some of the comments Sherman is making and has made on his way out -- critical of Pete (& John Schneider) -- bug me. Bennett reading books in meetings is blatant disrespect of the coaches. Sherman taking shots at Pete's coaching style is disrespectful and unnecessary. Why can't Sherm just take the high road and say something good about his former organization that gave him the opportunity to become a HOF level NFL player? Pete stood by these guys for years, supported their need/desire to "express themselves" maybe more than any other HC would have, and he publicly defended Bennett following his episode in LV. He essentially gave guys like Bennett & Sherman the chance to become who they are, and this is how they thank him for it? Disappointing, especially when I have been a big fan of Sherm's all this time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along similar lines, some of the comments Sherman is making and has made on his way out -- critical of Pete (& John Schneider) -- bug me. Bennett reading books in meetings is blatant disrespect of the coaches. Sherman taking shots at Pete's coaching style is disrespectful and unnecessary. Why can't Sherm just take the high road and say something good about his former organization that gave him the opportunity to become a HOF level NFL player? Pete stood by these guys for years, supported their need/desire to "express themselves" maybe more than any other HC would have, and he publicly defended Bennett following his episode in LV. He essentially gave guys like Bennett & Sherman the chance to become who they are, and this is how they thank him for it? Disappointing, especially when I have been a big fan of Sherm's all this time.

Sherman's comments didn't bug me, but they were incredibly ignorant.

1) The "We've all heard the stories before."
No... not ALL of you have. There's rookies and new free agents on the team. No SHIT you've heard it before. I've heard various business leaders/CFOs/CEOs say the same thing before. I didn't read a book though showing disrespect and leaving a terrible impression on new hires. You're being paid millions regardless. Act like a fuckin' professional. If I read a book while my CFO was talking to our team, I'd be fired promptly.

2) "They didn't even try to re-negotiate with me."
Because..... Seattle knew you'd get more money on the market, had little cap room, and at the time had the fewest active contracts in the league. As of now Seattle has $9.6M, $5M estimated rookies... down to $4.6M. We'd literally have to cut you already since you're getting $6.2M from San Fran this year and would've had little flex to sign anyone else post draft cuts.

So... why waste your fucking time and ours? It was in your better interest to be outright released and be able to negotiate with other teams more quickly. Other teams knew this as well and that's why we couldn't trade you for picks...

I wouldn't expect Sherman to get any of that since he didn't major in business/finance-accounting/law. "BUT he's well spoken!" Of course he is... he's a communications major :)

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to imagine that Pete and John have a strict policy against going on public spats with other players on other teams and told players to keep comments to themselves. If I were a player I think I would have said something about them after hearing what they had to say. I wouldnt go on a rant or something but similar to what @Sharkonabicycle said no shit you heard it before you have been here for 7 years some other people havent including rookies and free agents.

When Michael bennett said that you cant win with a team full of russell wilsons. Well you sure as hell cant win with a team full of Michael bennetts either

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its safe to say that he wasn't reading the book, "Jumping offsides for dummies"...

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only surprising thing about this story is that Bennett can read.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its safe to say that he wasn't reading the book, "Jumping offsides for dummies"...

Of course not, he's working on his master's thesis for jumping offsides - those dummy books aren't gonna cut it for the expertise he's shooting for.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Bennett's Disrespect To Pete Carroll Was On Another Level And It May Have Led To The Trade

So a story came out that Bennett would read books during team meetings because he felt that he heard everything Caroll had to say. I wasnt a basher of Bennett while he was on the team but now that he is gone I am very disappointed with the things I am hearing and Im glad we got atleast a 5th round pick for him. I can see why players like him and Richard Sherman were never named team captains their egos have gone straight to their head. What kind of standard are you setting for new incoming players by not listening to the coach, Pete shouldnt need to come up with new material every season to motivate you to play hard you guys are veteran players you should help preach everything that caroll is saying. What happened in the Super happened and it was 3 years ago its time to get over it and move on dont be questioning everything the coaches and management does. if you really want to break down that game we probably would have won if the defense didnt give up 14 points in the 4th quarter.

I am glad the hawks are clearing house I can see that there was a toxic locker room and they had to cut ties with these players. I also think that the hawks had inside information with bennetts legal problem that surfaced about a week after we traded him. All he does is complain that he doesnt get paid enough and I think its funny that Baldwin said its hard to take him serious when he shows up to practice in 10 different cars.

I think it is better to have a team full of young players that are all about football and will listen to the coaches and do whats best for the team. Thanks for listening to my rant LOL

Michael Bennett can read?