• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Porter Commits To Washington

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think you guys necessarily need to fire him, he just doesn't seem to have done a very good job with his staff. Dollar really helped grow players and IMO not many guys have actually got better, more experience but never really better.
I think everyone is hoping that Will Conroy will be the next Cameron Dollar

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referencing our discussion from earlier this year...

Holy shit man, how are you still so stuck on that shit? Is being right what wakes you up in the morning? Have you been festering on this for 4 months now? Is that why you kept bringing it up on this thread?

How about this:

I was wrong to even get into an argument with you about that, or this. Plenty of people on here were pissed about where teams were seeded, and many because it was RPI heavy. I was wrong. I thought that because the FUCKING COMMITTEE put out saying that RPI is only one of many factors (others being KenPom, Sagarin, Pomroy, etc.) that they would use the other non-RPI-based factors. My bad on that. Don't know what I was thinking, especially when they were reportedly consciously trending away from RPI-heavy seeding, according to the committee themselves.

Other people certainly disagreed with you and the committee's selections based on overuse of RPI. But you don't care about them being wrong, do ya? Just me because I actually had the discussion with you about my disagreement. That's where I fucked up.

What was particularly troubling is after the selection is how you tiptoed around the Selection Sunday thread telling everyone how right you were despite their disagreements. Were you trying to lure them into arguments where you could eventually hammer home the point that they were wrong? Or were you just trying to rub it into my face that I was wrong? Maybe you just wanted to prance around and revel in your success because you are obsessed with being right. Perhaps we'll never know.

I hope this is sufficient for you to sleep well tonight after waiting 4 months for me to say I was wrong. I didn't know it was such a big deal for you or I would have done it earlier. If this isn't enough, let me know and I will make a separate thread about how right you were and how wrong I was.

FYI, if UW doesn't turn out to be the Pac world-beaters that you claim they could/will be in another 20 months, rest assured that I couldn't give two fucks about circling the wagons and pinning you down to admit you were wrong. You being wrong means nothing to me. And let this be a lesson to anyone in the future who disagrees with you and wants to have a discussion about it: all you care about is who is wrong and who is right, and time only makes the wound fester.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit man, how are you still so stuck on that shit? Is being right what wakes you up in the morning? Have you been festering on this for 4 months now? Is that why you kept bringing it up on this thread?

How about this:

I was wrong to even get into an argument with you about that, or this. Plenty of people on here were pissed about where teams were seeded, and many because it was RPI heavy. I was wrong. I thought that because the FUCKING COMMITTEE put out saying that RPI is only one of many factors (others being KenPom, Sagarin, Pomroy, etc.) that they would use the other non-RPI-based factors. My bad on that. Don't know what I was thinking, especially when they were reportedly consciously trending away from RPI-heavy seeding, according to the committee themselves.

Other people certainly disagreed with you and the committee's selections based on overuse of RPI. But you don't care about them being wrong, do ya? Just me because I actually had the discussion with you about my disagreement. That's where I fucked up.

What was particularly troubling is after the selection is how you tiptoed around the Selection Sunday thread telling everyone how right you were despite their disagreements. Were you trying to lure them into arguments where you could eventually hammer home the point that they were wrong? Or were you just trying to rub it into my face that I was wrong? Maybe you just wanted to prance around and revel in your success because you are obsessed with being right. Perhaps we'll never know.

I hope this is sufficient for you to sleep well tonight after waiting 4 months for me to say I was wrong. I didn't know it was such a big deal for you or I would have done it earlier. If this isn't enough, let me know and I will make a separate thread about how right you were and how wrong I was.

FYI, if UW doesn't turn out to be the Pac world-beaters that you claim they could/will be in another 20 months, rest assured that I couldn't give two fucks about circling the wagons and pinning you down to admit you were wrong. You being wrong means nothing to me. And let this be a lesson to anyone in the future who disagrees with you and wants to have a discussion about it: all you care about is who is wrong and who is right, and time only makes the wound fester.

Dude, I only remember you because you came off as an arrogant asshole. That was my first interaction with you, from what I could remember anyway. Maybe I was a little to defensive in my approach as well, but only because of my perception of you.

Look, I love college basketball, follow it more closely than anything, I put A LOT of work into those bracketology projections(not that you care), and don't claim to know the exact motives of the committee, like always, I just try to base it on precedence. I enjoy the banter and discussion from me posting them, and always have done it for the fun of it. Admittedly, I felt like I had a score to settle with you, and I just took off with it.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I only remember you because you came off as an arrogant asshole. That was my first interaction with you, from what I could remember anyway. Maybe I was a little to defensive in my approach as well, but only because of my perception of you.

Look, I love college basketball, follow it more closely than anything, I put A LOT of work into those bracketology projections(not that you care), and don't claim to know the exact motives of the committee, like always, I just try to base it on precedence. I enjoy the banter and discussion from me posting them, and always have done it for the fun of it. Admittedly, I felt like I had a score to settle with you, and I just took off with it.

"You came off as an arrogant asshole."

That is called a perception (as you noted), and rarely has anything to do with intent or reality. And yet you ran with it.

I came on that thread and was curious to your selection criteria. I wasn't hostile or angry. I wasn't argumentative or accusatory. I asked simple questions to get actual information, and have a discussion. That was my only intent. You mistook me for stopping at nothing to prevent anything bad being viewed about Arizona. I tried dozens of times to tell you that AZ was only an indicator for my actual curiosity of your seeding criteria. You would have no part of that. Four months later you maintained that I am a homer douche. No shit you "just took off with it."

Then I wondered what you didn't see in the rest of the Pac 2 years down the road to lead you to say that UW could be the frontrunners, and you took off with that too. Posting that AZ fans hate me? Who the fuck do you think you are? Go to the AZ page and read a fucking thread. I have great relationships with every AZ fan on there.

I clearly understand that you love CBB, and that you put a lot of work into projecting seeding. Don't be a fucking asshole when someone disagrees with you. It's called a discussion forum so people can discuss. Discussions usually means that people disagree, hence the opportunity to discuss. You don't have to go tracking people down to have them say they were wrong about something they discussed months ago. You also don't have to carry every discussion to the very end and beat it into the ground. I'd admit that I do the same, but I'm only trying to provide actual information for support to clarify a point, or ask questions to discuss. I'm not arguing for the sake of being right or trying to get you to admit you're wrong. The only reason I kept at it is because I felt like I was doing a horrible job trying to get you to even understand my points. Now I see that you were not really interested in them to begin with. Had I realized it, I would have stopped very early, as it's no longer a discussion.

I'm not trying to be right on any of this shit. I didn't ask you about your opinion of UW because I was trying to be right. I didn't even make a claim to be right or wrong about. You stated that UW could be the frontrunners in 2 years because they got two recruits. Not only should you expect that someone is going to want to discuss your thoughts on such predictions, but that it's a great topic to discuss. No one is trying to attack you. All I said on this thread to start is that such bold predictions might be a bit presumptuous based on who UW is, with Romar, and what they might look like by then, in the context of the rest of the Pac. If anything, I was trying to have a discussion about where the Pac might be in a couple years. I wasn't upset because you didn't pick AZ. But like our previous discussion regarding Oregon and AZ's seeding, you are talking about the Pac, and I follow the Pac. So I'm going to want to discuss the Pac. I'm not going to be so quick to discuss the ACC, or B12 because I don't follow them as much as I should to enter into a discussion about them. If it's about the Pac, I'll probably have an opinion or some questions. When it comes to AZ, I can get more specific. But I'm not just riding AZ dick. I'll critique AZ as much or more than anyone else because I follow them. I'm pretty realistic about their weaknesses. I'm not perfect, but that doesn't make me a homer. If you really wanted to make sure I was a homer, read the AZ CBB threads and you'll see I'm pretty realistic and have no problem with anyone (including myself) being critical.

I hoping that we can squash this and put all of this shit to bed. All I'm interested in on here is having discussions. We're both pretty knowledgeable fans but it doesn't have to turn into a dick-measuring contest. Once we understand each other, at worst we can agree to disagree. But just to be clear: I'm not going after you. I'm not attacking you. I don't have AZ-colored glasses. And I don't care who is wrong or right. I'm just trying to talk CBB with other fans. That's it.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty obvious after his brother committed there as a sophomore
and the fact the romar is their godfather

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You came off as an arrogant asshole."

That is called a perception (as you noted), and rarely has anything to do with intent or reality. And yet you ran with it.

I came on that thread and was curious to your selection criteria. I wasn't hostile or angry. I wasn't argumentative or accusatory. I asked simple questions to get actual information, and have a discussion. That was my only intent. You mistook me for stopping at nothing to prevent anything bad being viewed about Arizona. I tried dozens of times to tell you that AZ was only an indicator for my actual curiosity of your seeding criteria. You would have no part of that. Four months later you maintained that I am a homer douche. No shit you "just took off with it."

Then I wondered what you didn't see in the rest of the Pac 2 years down the road to lead you to say that UW could be the frontrunners, and you took off with that too. Posting that AZ fans hate me? Who the fuck do you think you are? Go to the AZ page and read a fucking thread. I have great relationships with every AZ fan on there.

I clearly understand that you love CBB, and that you put a lot of work into projecting seeding. Don't be a fucking asshole when someone disagrees with you. It's called a discussion forum so people can discuss. Discussions usually means that people disagree, hence the opportunity to discuss. You don't have to go tracking people down to have them say they were wrong about something they discussed months ago. You also don't have to carry every discussion to the very end and beat it into the ground. I'd admit that I do the same, but I'm only trying to provide actual information for support to clarify a point, or ask questions to discuss. I'm not arguing for the sake of being right or trying to get you to admit you're wrong. The only reason I kept at it is because I felt like I was doing a horrible job trying to get you to even understand my points. Now I see that you were not really interested in them to begin with. Had I realized it, I would have stopped very early, as it's no longer a discussion.

I'm not trying to be right on any of this shit. I didn't ask you about your opinion of UW because I was trying to be right. I didn't even make a claim to be right or wrong about. You stated that UW could be the frontrunners in 2 years because they got two recruits. Not only should you expect that someone is going to want to discuss your thoughts on such predictions, but that it's a great topic to discuss. No one is trying to attack you. All I said on this thread to start is that such bold predictions might be a bit presumptuous based on who UW is, with Romar, and what they might look like by then, in the context of the rest of the Pac. If anything, I was trying to have a discussion about where the Pac might be in a couple years. I wasn't upset because you didn't pick AZ. But like our previous discussion regarding Oregon and AZ's seeding, you are talking about the Pac, and I follow the Pac. So I'm going to want to discuss the Pac. I'm not going to be so quick to discuss the ACC, or B12 because I don't follow them as much as I should to enter into a discussion about them. If it's about the Pac, I'll probably have an opinion or some questions. When it comes to AZ, I can get more specific. But I'm not just riding AZ dick. I'll critique AZ as much or more than anyone else because I follow them. I'm pretty realistic about their weaknesses. I'm not perfect, but that doesn't make me a homer. If you really wanted to make sure I was a homer, read the AZ CBB threads and you'll see I'm pretty realistic and have no problem with anyone (including myself) being critical.

I hoping that we can squash this and put all of this shit to bed. All I'm interested in on here is having discussions. We're both pretty knowledgeable fans but it doesn't have to turn into a dick-measuring contest. Once we understand each other, at worst we can agree to disagree. But just to be clear: I'm not going after you. I'm not attacking you. I don't have AZ-colored glasses. And I don't care who is wrong or right. I'm just trying to talk CBB with other fans. That's it.

I'd love to squash it and put it to bed for sure. I ran with something having already had preconceived notions of you in this particular thread(based off my perception from earlier). That was wrong. I apologize. Cheers to a good season.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to squash it and put it to bed for sure. I ran with something having already had preconceived notions of you in this particular thread(based off my perception from earlier). That was wrong. I apologize. Cheers to a good season.

No worries man, can't wait.

:suds:

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty obvious after his brother committed there as a sophomore
and the fact the romar is their godfather

Sounds similiar to Ben Simmons, minus the brother part.

Difference is that Romar has put together good regular seasons + strong tournament runs in the past, even if that does seem like a fading memory.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Wazzu fan on a CBB thread? :scratch:

An anti Washington thread not shitty college basketball. Keep on pretending Arizona is relevent, shitty football and girls who aren't 1/5 of ASU's. Arizona is the Utah, at least we are a founding member not a begger on the street who ride ASU's coattails in.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wazzu31 went from 0-butthurt real fast. Lmao

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a WSU fan talking smack about Arizona coeds is hilarious. Do women even shave in Pullman?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An anti Washington thread not shitty college basketball. Keep on pretending Arizona is relevent, shitty football and girls who aren't 1/5 of ASU's. Arizona is the Utah, at least we are a founding member not a begger on the street who ride ASU's coattails in.

You must have realized after the first sentence that this isn't an anti-UW thread. Getting Porter is actually a good thing for them. Hahaha, that must have sent you in a rage against AZ.

I'm also pretty sure that ASU and AZ both have 16 NCs since joining the Pac, and WSU only has 2 total. AZ is the class of the Pac in CBB, and about equally mediocre with ASU in CFB. AZ has won 2 NCs in baseball since ASU has won their last, and is one of the bluebloods in softball.

As @The Derski pointed out though, WSU can's even sniff the jocks of AZ or ASU. Hell, AZ has more more than twice NCs in the Pac than the entire state of Washington: two of the -ahem- founding members.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I hear is blah blah blah, relevance doesn't matter when Arizona is only in the conference because of ASU.