• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Bradley and Jermaine Defoe Headed to Toronto

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, toronto might be actually be competitive with those guys and Dwayne De Rosario

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better talent in the MLS means more competitive US teams. The more talent we can bring into the domestic league the better we'll fair in international tournaments. I like it.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think most people would like to see him stay and compete at the higher levels, but it would be impossible for him to turn down this kind of paycheck. More than he could ever possibly have made in Europe.

I don't know how much it does for the MLS, its not like he's some dynamic compelling player that will put the league in the spotlight. He's just good and solid. I'm certainly not going to start watching games because Bradley is here, and I really like him as a player. I think its a bit backwards in terms of trying to build the league - I bet having the Premier League on TV does a lot more to build soccer in the USA than our good players playing in MLS.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people would like to see him stay and compete at the higher levels, but it would be impossible for him to turn down this kind of paycheck. More than he could ever possibly have made in Europe.

I don't know how much it does for the MLS, its not like he's some dynamic compelling player that will put the league in the spotlight. He's just good and solid. I'm certainly not going to start watching games because Bradley is here, and I really like him as a player. I think its a bit backwards in terms of trying to build the league - I bet having the Premier League on TV does a lot more to build soccer in the USA than our good players playing in MLS.

You're right, he's not going to be the face of the leauge. However, when talent comes over here, it improves the talent level of the league. The stronger this league can get the better prepared the US squad will be in international tournaments. Guys become familiar with one another, rather than struggling and possibly coming off the bench in Europe guys get a chance to play a lot of minutes against improved competition. Maybe it's not an immediate upgrade but long term it is a good thing to retain homegrown talent and bring in outside guys.