• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 8 Game 7 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday Night Football for the fins.

Gotta hope Jay can return for the short week to give us a chance - Matt Moore showing in this game vs Jets he gives us no chance at any thing like last season in playoffs.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, instead of doing it off a blowout loss the Fins will enter this game having won a close game - still hope Jay is healthy enough to go

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracked Rib is the fear of the Dolphins for Jay Cutler - could be worse. Lets hope it isn't as bad and that he can play through it if they can find a way.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday Night Football for the fins.

Gotta hope Jay can return for the short week to give us a chance - Matt Moore showing in this game vs Jets he gives us no chance at any thing like last season in playoffs.
I think that no chance is a little harsh as they've been winning with no offence so he doesn't need to put 40 up. I prefer all QB's be healthy of course but Moore should be able to get the job done. People do forget that it's harder to start as teams are more prepared for you.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 weeks the likely timetable for a Cutler return if injury severity confirmed. Tough break for Fins after stringing some wins together. Oh well...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against Cutler but I doubt there is a drop off in production with Moore. It could even improve. He is very familiar with the offensive system & his teammates.

On this short week it would be a good idea to spread the carries out between Ajayi, Williams & Drake. RE Drake: He's become a special teams Ace in coverage on kicks. I think it speaks of a good team attitude.

The Ravens have an offense that's been struggling. If the Fins play well they will get another W. Lots of guys are playing well for the Fins defense. That said, Timmons is a difference maker. I have to give credit to the personnel department for bringing him in. He's not only a physical player but he plays like a savvy veteran out there putting himself in position to make plays.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins got more production from the TE position in the Jets game. This could be a good step in improving the production of the offense. Thomas made some great plays including a difficult catch that kept a drive going. Fasano also had his most productive game. I also liked the use of Maualuga as a FB in a short yardage situation. The Fins coaches did a good job with the offense. The Fins scored 4 TDs against the Jets. Landry 1, Stills 2 & Fasano had a TD. If the Fins have that much production from the offense the team will certainly be back in the playoffs because the defense is the real deal.

Matt Burke and the other defenses coaches have been consistently good. Gase believed in Burke from the beginning. Burke is proving him right.

Wake's effort is relentless. He's playing great. Also, having Jones back this year is one of the reasons the Fins defense is taking it to another level. Every week Harris is getting better. That's a good thing for the team going forward.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Maxwell has been cut. When you are all talk and no action on the field, thats what you get.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Maxwell has been cut. When you are all talk and no action on the field, thats what you get.

I think Maxwell getting cut shows that the Fins believe in the other CBs. They also needed a spot to add Fales to the roster.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Maxwell getting cut shows that the Fins believe in the other CBs. They also needed a spot to add Fales to the roster.

Both reasonable explanations.

But I still a lot of it was him running his mouth a bit much and not enough results on the field

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both reasonable explanations.

But I still a lot of it was him running his mouth a bit much and not enough results on the field

Gase mentioned how that Maxwell doesn't play on special teams. Also, he likes how the other CBs have been tackling well against the run.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase mentioned how that Maxwell doesn't play on special teams. Also, he likes how the other CBs have been tackling well against the run.

Tackling? Whats that? Do the Dolphins still practice that?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for my keys to tonights game:
As I said above, the Fins need to rediscover the art of tackling -- and not waiting until a guy has ran 30-40 yards down field before making said tackle.

The defense must on point from start to finish to make it easier on our offense.

my offensive key, as I said last week when the QB change was made out of necessity will be unpopular but I will say it anyway - we need to take the ball out of the hands of MM and stay committed to the run tonight like never before this season and thus far under Gase.

My fear with MM tonight and for how ever long he is our starter is that we will see the MM we saw vs the Steelers in last seasons playoffs than the one that has given any of those on the MM bandwagon any hope for him to be able to do anything positive for our team as the starter.

These next 4 games WILL make or break our season. They will determine how much meaning our final six games will have to our fate this season. Lets remember we lose our bye week which would've been week 11. We have a stretch of games on short weeks. We can't afford any more major injuries or too many more close encounters especially with a backup QB.

Bettling lines are -3 in favor of the Ravens - lets see if the Fins can pull off the upset

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo, I think the Fins know how to tackle. The Fins have a top 10 defense.

I respectfully disagree with the notion that where they rank as a defense has much to do with how good or bad they are as a unit. In fact, I said nothing of the sort.

Tackling has been a problem for this team for years - this season has not been no different. Most anyone that has watched their games would agree. As broadcasters said at least twice during the last two games , the Fins are often in great position to make tackles but they seem to too often being going for the strip rather than securing the tackle which is why they give up a few too many chunk yardage plays. Hopefully its something they can fix before kickoff tonight or the Ravens could put us away early.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree with the notion that where they rank as a defense has much to do with how good or bad they are as a unit. In fact, I said nothing of the sort.

Tackling has been a problem for this team for years - this season has not been no different. Most anyone that has watched their games would agree. As broadcasters said at least twice during the last two games , the Fins are often in great position to make tackles but they seem to too often being going for the strip rather than securing the tackle which is why they give up a few too many chunk yardage plays. Hopefully its something they can fix before kickoff tonight or the Ravens could put us away early.

I have seen missed tackles, however, more often than not the defense is making plays & minimizing big gains from yards after contact or catch.
What I would like to see is a few more INTs.
Another important stat is passes defended. That's an important stat for players in the secondary. Tankersley for example defended a pass that led to a game winning INT for R Jones. Those plays can be game changers.
I think we will see a few more forced fumbles for the team when McDonald returns. Like R Jones he's a really physical tackler. I think those guys could become the best safety group in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be ideal - except for maybe the MM fans

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOLPHINS INACTIVES: QB Jay Cutler, WR DeVante Parker, DE Andre Branch, S Maurice Smith, LB Stephone Anthony, G Anthony Steen, G Isaac Asiata

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3