• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 3 - Game 2 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things to fix on both sides of ball but a good win to start season - lets get this one

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect that the Jets may hang around a bit in this one at home. However, they just don't have enough firepower to get it done. They'll get a win eventually, but not this week. I think it remains somewhat low-scoring in the first half, much like last week. Maybe Miami leads 10-6 or something. Then Ajayi eventually wears them down, and winds up with a big stat line. They've been beaten up pretty good by the run so far.

He had 30 touches last week, which is fine when you have to do it. However, that cannot be sustained, so they should be careful if this starts to become a trend. For now, I think let it roll... but it's worth monitoring.

I don't know much about your guys defense yet, just that you have a pretty good front. I'm sure I'll pickup on some stuff. If the Bears are going to be anything resembling week 2, I'm hopping on board with Cutler for the season. lol. (Not that I'll stop being a huge Bears fan... a man just needs something to root for)

This is actually a big game for Jay, IMO. He had a weird knack for choosing his spots to play poorly in Chicago. Even in his year under Gase, he reeled off a great month of football in November. Got the Bears back in the playoff mix. He may have even been the highest rated passer that month, I just know it was really impressive. The team was shit, everyone was hurt and he willed them into the playoff conversation single-handedly.

Then in a game with the 1-10 49ers at home (first of December), Wild Card spot within reach if they win. He just decided to play extremely sub-par. Throw a pick six... miss some key throws. Robbie Gould wound up missing a GW 30 yard field goal as time expired. Blaine f'ing Gabbert won it in OT. Gould missed another FG to really knock us out of the playoffs the next week vs WSH, when Jay played well. Haunting memories.

That was typical of Jay. Playing well, good spot vs a bad team? Might lay an egg. Playing poorly, tough spot vs a good team? Is probably going to look phenomenal.

That's why it was so tough with Cutler with the fans here. Right when we gave ourselves over to him, he broke us. Right when we would write him off... he'd suck us right back in with great play.

I think the improved personnel and chemistry he has with Gase will change that. I actually just think a fresh start in general, is fantastic. I think he may be able to make a second chance at a career, even if Miami goes back to Tannehill next year. Maybe I'm wrong... but it's intriguing to me. The stars just never quite aligned for him in Chicago. Whether it was an injury to him, to key teammates, constant coaching changes... Shit never fell his way. A lot of it was on him, yes... but not as much as you might think listening to people talk about him.

Anyway, hope to see your guys play well again this week.

:suds:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richig07,

There is plenty of room on our bandwagon. Welcome aboard. You bring insight having watched Cutler play a lot with the Bears. I am happy for Cutler because he has a chance to redefine his legacy with the Fins. The Fins are a scrappy team that won 10 games last year with Gase on his first year. I think they will play well in games they are favored to win. I don't think they take teams lightly. I expect the Jets to come out with their best effort early. They just got embarrassed against the Raiders and this week they play in front of their fans.

The Jets may stack the box to try to stop Ajayi but I think that could lead to a big day for the Fins' passing game. The Fins are well balanced on offense.

The Fins settled for FGs after some nice drives. I am sure finishing drives with TDs is a point of emphasis this week. RE the FGs: I have to give the team credit for adding Parkey. To hit 4 FGs like that in his first game with the Fins is impressive. It's good to know the team has a reliable kicker.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richig07,

There is plenty of room on our bandwagon. Welcome aboard. You bring insight having watched Cutler play a lot with the Bears. I am happy for Cutler because he has a chance to redefine his legacy with the Fins. The Fins are a scrappy team that won 10 games last year with Gase on his first year. I think they will play well in games they are favored to win. I don't think they take teams lightly. I expect the Jets to come out with their best effort early. They just got embarrassed against the Raiders and this week they play in front of their fans.

The Jets may stack the box to try to stop Ajayi but I think that could lead to a big day for the Fins' passing game. The Fins are well balanced on offense.

The Fins settled for FGs after some nice drives. I am sure finishing drives with TDs is a point of emphasis this week. RE the FGs: I have to give the team credit for adding Parkey. To hit 4 FGs like that in his first game with the Fins is impressive. It's good to know the team has a reliable kicker.
Yes welcome! Cutler may have a big week exactly due to them trying to stop Jay Train. The Fins just have to play smart. On D stop the run and make their qb win it ...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes welcome! Cutler may have a big week exactly due to them trying to stop Jay Train. The Fins just have to play smart. On D stop the run and make their qb win it ...

The Jets were pretty much selling out to stop the run vs Buffalo in Week 1, and it didn't help much. They just don't have the personnel. Plus, that offense is so poor, that the defense is going to wear down just from being on the field all game long.

I'm firing away with Ajayi in my FanDuel lineups. lol

That's assuming that Ajayi being limited in practice yesterday is just a maintenance thing.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a good game to give some of the carries to Williams & Drake. Ajayi got a lot of carries in the Chargers game. He is capable of breaking big runs on any play even with less carries.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a good game to give some of the carries to Williams & Drake. Ajayi got a lot of carries in the Chargers game. He is capable of breaking big runs on any play even with less carries.
They'll ration carries out but when the games on the line you have to do what you have to do... Ajayi won't have as much work this week....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually like getting over-confident or sealing our game prematurely/or at least pre-game...And I usually like listing a few keys to the game for conversation sake....BUT... I think the only key to todays game is for the Dolphins to make it to the stadium and on to the field safely as a team -- If they do this, we go 2-0 today.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Fins have to get their other RBs involved. They are very capable. Lets not wait for Ajayi to get hurt or begin to struggle to then try to call on our other guys who might then not be as ready to respond as they would if you kept them involved early and often. I understand and agree that Ajayi should be the focal point but that does not mean we should neglect our other RBs. This is the exact type of game to get the other guys involved.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great first defensive series for fins. One of their better defensive stands this season so far

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Ajayi is banged up... And thats why you work in your other backs on a regular basis instead of burning one guy for the majority of game

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad throw by Jay there

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins D looks like crap this drive and it seems kinda fitting

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins Beat writers were talking about how the Fins D was going to look to press and push up on WRs more often this week after failing to do so with consistency last week and really during the entire time with Vance Joseph as DC - they are doing a better job in this game in that regard so far -- but those undisciplined penalties by the DL haven't helped.

Glad we escaped with a Jets missed FG

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the wave of penalties for the Fins continue. more lack of discipline type penalties

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd and long and then a weak ass play to give up on the drive.

Fins gotta get their head out of their ass and realize game has started

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of penalties at this point is disgusting

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as though the Fins are only interested in giving Ajayi the ball and little else from there even if that doesn't work.

Asking to lose

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsurprising that weak Fins secondary gets beat for a long TD.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see the Fins rediscover the TE