• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 2 Game Thread

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if Cutler even attempted a pass over 10 yards in the first half. Missed Landry on an easy TD. No turnovers, though.

That call on the Parker incompletion SUCKED.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if Cutler even attempted a pass over 10 yards in the first half. Missed Landry on an easy TD. No turnovers, though.

That call on the Parker incompletion SUCKED.
I was saying during the game that if the chargers recovered the ball the review would have been a catch. They simply don't give a shit about the Fins. Parker switched hands took more than two strides if it's not a catch then what is?

They definitely played it safe which I get but they could have launched a few down field instead of trying screen after screen that had no chance for success.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atta boy Jay, and thank goodness for that miss.

The 2nd half was a carbon copy of when things were going well in 2015 (also led a few late GW and tying drives that year). Those quick hits, screens, read-option, rollouts... etc... Cutler extending plays with his feet. Reminded me so much of what we had here. Except Jay actually has good personnel with Miami, Forte/Jeffery were hurt about half the year. Along with the O-line.

Saw Tannehill laughing about him running that read option... He'll be surprised at how many times that works this year. Jay can move.

The only throw I saw him miss was the one in the back of the end zone to Landry, but it wasn't an easy one. Hopefully the team stays healthy. Because if he can get in a rhythm with the same guys (and coach), that alone is more than he had in Chicago. He only had two seasons during his time in Chicago, where he had the luxury of being on a second season with an offensive play caller. 1 Martz, and 1 Trestman.

Great catch by Parker. I'm sure you'll see a lot of those types of plays. Jay got very good at those back shoulder "go get it" balls down the sideline when we had Jeffery and BMarsh here. When Cutler struggles with accuracy, it's usually down the middle of the field. For whatever reason, the guy is one of the best at hitting putting it on the back shoulder when the situation calls for it.

With the Jets and NO coming up, 3-0 could potentially be on the horizon. Need all the wins they can get early, with a very tough 2nd half schedule. NE x2, Denver, at Arrowhead vs KC... etc...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things that impresses me about Cutler is how he sees the field. He knew Stills could win his matchup and his awareness led to the TD. He finds open receivers. I think that is a reason for optimism going forward. Also, he has good pocket awareness to avoid sacks and give his receivers a chance to make plays.

I was wondering how well he would connect with Landry. I knew the Fins wouldn't have a lot of time to throw deep against that pass rush. Landry tied his career high with 13 catches.

Parker also had some big catches. He showed toughness to keep making plays after taking the low hit. Parker is a special talent with his ball skills.

Cutler helped the team accomplish these things in his FIRST game as a Dolphin. He looks the part of a veteran QB that is comfortable in the offense already. I am thinking the offense will keep getting better.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things that impresses me about Cutler is how he sees the field. He knew Stills could win his matchup and his awareness led to the TD. He finds open receivers. I think that is a reason for optimism going forward. Also, he has good pocket awareness to avoid sacks and give his receivers a chance to make plays.

I was wondering how well he would connect with Landry. I knew the Fins wouldn't have a lot of time to throw deep against that pass rush. Landry tied his career high with 13 catches.

Parker also had some big catches. He showed toughness to keep making plays after taking the low hit. Parker is a special talent with his ball skills.

Cutler helped the team accomplish these things in his FIRST game as a Dolphin. He looks the part of a veteran QB that is comfortable in the offense already. I am thinking the offense will keep getting better.
I expected the same thing with Tanny. Cutler doesn't look old hopefully he can keep it up and stay healthy. Need to keep running the ball which will help.

I see the D improving as well need more time to gel.