• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 15 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On to play the Jets -- but with Matt Moore at QB and Tannehill out possibly for the long term -- our chances at the playoffs may be dashed...

Running the ball is a bigger priority now -- And like I said in the other thread, time for Vance Joseph and the rest of the defense to finally get their heads out of their ass and not put so much pressure on our offense

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does look to be an ACL injury for Tannehill

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins can't get too predictable with the running game. Moore will have to make some throws yet avoid mistakes for the team to have a chance.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad or just sprained any idea?

All indications are it is real bad.

Though local reporters and broadcasters during the game seemed optimistic given he was eventually able to get up on his own albeit to walk off the field under his own power with a noticeable limp.

Hope for the best -- expect the opposite -- thats life

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins can't get too predictable with the running game. Moore will have to make some throws yet avoid mistakes for the team to have a chance.

With Matt Moore out there, a little predictability might not be a bad thing -- and maybe even inevitable given his limitations as an NFL player.

It might not make much sense to many people -- but maybe the Fins featuring a tempo offense again to build up the rhythm won't be such a bad thing -- the quicker he gets the ball out and gets us going, I believe will actually decrease his mistake chances.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we take at least one of the remaining three games. It won't be good enough for the playoffs, but it'll be a "winning season". Gase will be in the running for Coach of the Year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All indications are it is real bad.

Though local reporters and broadcasters during the game seemed optimistic given he was eventually able to get up on his own albeit to walk off the field under his own power with a noticeable limp.

Hope for the best -- expect the opposite -- thats life
If that bad why did they allow him to walk around out there if anything give him crutches! I guess we'll see I'm just hoping that it's not too bad.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Matt Moore out there, a little predictability might not be a bad thing -- and maybe even inevitable given his limitations as an NFL player.

It might not make much sense to many people -- but maybe the Fins featuring a tempo offense again to build up the rhythm won't be such a bad thing -- the quicker he gets the ball out and gets us going, I believe will actually decrease his mistake chances.
Perhaps getting Pouncy back may be the most important thing now so that they can pound the ball a little more effectively. This will allow Moore to take the odd shot and not have everything on his back. Pouncy get healthy!!!

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sprained ACL & MCL, not torn. At least not completely.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed good news that its just a sprain as I started hoping and expecting it to be.

No timetable for a return though. I hope he can try out a brace and feel comfortable and play soon -- maybe not this week but next week. The quicker we get him back, the better.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed good news that its just a sprain as I started hoping and expecting it to be.

No timetable for a return though. I hope he can try out a brace and feel comfortable and play soon -- maybe not this week but next week. The quicker we get him back, the better.
I bet they let him sit until pats game if Moore wins sat. If not they may rush him if a brace works. I have faith that Moore can pull out the next two weeks...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they let him sit until pats game if Moore wins sat. If not they may rush him if a brace works. I have faith that Moore can pull out the next two weeks...

Well, 4 games left - so just " pulling it off the next two weeks" won't be good enough.

I am curious to see what the gameplan/approach will be for the coming games with Moore at QB. We always hear the SportsHoopla about him being a veteran and a true pro and all this SportsHoopla -- but the guy hasn't started a game in a while -- So for all the praise he has earned -- he is still just a career backup and we may need to simplify things for him to get the job done.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 4 games left - so just " pulling it off the next two weeks" won't be good enough.

I am curious to see what the gameplan/approach will be for the coming games with Moore at QB. We always hear the SportsHoopla about him being a veteran and a true pro and all this SportsHoopla -- but the guy hasn't started a game in a while -- So for all the praise he has earned -- he is still just a career backup and we may need to simplify things for him to get the job done.
I meant that he can do the job. If it were long term it would be hard for him but a few games he'll be fine. Other teams won't know what to expect but either way he definitely needs a running game more than Tanny. Will be key and they really could use Pouncy back.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy the " other teams won't know what to expect" narrative he is no rookie -- he has been around for a while even though he hasn't started in a few years. If it were a rookie , maybe.

I think running the ball and continuing to get our Tight Ends involved in the passing game will be crucial now.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Pouncey going on IR -- so there is that

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy the " other teams won't know what to expect" narrative he is no rookie -- he has been around for a while even though he hasn't started in a few years. If it were a rookie , maybe.

I think running the ball and continuing to get our Tight Ends involved in the passing game will be crucial now.
Doesn't matter Paolo no team has any recent tape on him so there is the element of surprise for a game or two. He was also hurt in the preseason. Can you say without a shadow of a doubt what he's good and bad at right now? I sure can't..otherwise I agree the rest of the offence will have to step up.

Sounds like Pouncy to IR so there goes that little extra on the oline. Hopefully Jordan steps up and makes a difference on special teams and possibly QB pressures.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter Paolo no team has any recent tape on him so there is the element of surprise for a game or two. He was also hurt in the preseason. Can you say without a shadow of a doubt what he's good and bad at right now? I sure can't..otherwise I agree the rest of the offence will have to step up.

My point is simply , we know what we will or won't get from Matt Moore. We know his strengths and limitations - opponents do as well despite him not having played in a meaningful game for a while.

On Dion Jordan , his status is still up in the air with the team. We should know his future by days end

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Yates signed to serve as backup. Doughty to remain on P-Squad