• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins in FA

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between signing some of our own key guys and hitting some homers with new comers in FA, the Fins are off to a great start in improving the roster for the coming season.

Filling needs and doing so with quality guys at reasonable asking prices.

A lot more to go, but if they keep this up -- they would just be looking for depth come draft time.

Nate Allen the latest addition to the team and more to come.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB Timmons is another impact pick along with OG Larsen, DE Hayes was another good signing. Extending R Jones was huge for the team. I like how the team is meeting positional needs before the draft.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Allen is someone I wanted Miami to draft, but he didn't grade out well last season, according to PFF.

I hear Ted Larsen is not very good. Well, he just needs to be average.

Timmons at MLB, Alonso at WLB? Maybe they're hoping Misi will be healthy and put him at SLB? It explains why he hasn't been cut yet.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
timmons-puking-against-dolphins.gif

Hopefully TImmons can handle the heat... lol

But seriously, sad to see him go. He's been a stalwart to this defense for a decade or so, and he still has years left in the tank. Really hoped to see him finish out his career here. He clearly lost a step this last year when watching him in coverage, but he's still phenomenal in run support & blitzes. Wishin him well and hope he makes a solid impact for Miami.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Allen is someone I wanted Miami to draft, but he didn't grade out well last season, according to PFF.

I hear Ted Larsen is not very good. Well, he just needs to be average.

Timmons at MLB, Alonso at WLB? Maybe they're hoping Misi will be healthy and put him at SLB? It explains why he hasn't been cut yet.
I think Allen will be a good vet presence back there but more in a back up role as I bet they find a FS in the draft...hopefully impact. Either way he's serviceable.

Larsen is middle of the pack in OG rankings so he's not bad at least he's a true OG. They will have some competition there but still need to find one more. Probably waiting for later on when guys get cut as it's cheaper and draft one.

Sounds like Timmons at MLB he'll definitely shore up the run and can flat out play. They have a few options for the last LB spot including getting an impact one in the draft but either way Alonso can now run free and play his game. I bet he has a GREAT year!

Not sure how much cap they have left but even if they don't sign another starter they have done pretty well what I was hoping for anyway.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bushrod signed not sure of terms but I'm sure it will be fine. Create some competition and continuity. I'm sure that he'll be better as well with a year at OG under his belt.

Biggest bonus is that it takes away another need and pretty much allows them to go BPA on a few upgrade positions. Takes the pressure off they can go BPA at LB, FS, DE and OG. DE is probably going best value but I'm sure that their board will have them ranked. What is everyone hoping for in round one or in FA now?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OLineman Avery Young has been signed. He has played OT and OG. He could be a depth player if he can stay healthy.

LB Misi's contract has been restructured. When he's healthy he is good at stopping the run.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OLineman Avery Young has been signed. He has played OT and OG. He could be a depth player if he can stay healthy.

LB Misi's contract has been restructured. When he's healthy he is good at stopping the run.
Good to see that on Misi they obviously like what they see and if anything adds veteran depth. Take pressure off the draft at LB although I'd still take one if there.
Never hurts to check out an OT or OG you never know he may be good if healthy.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just signed S TJ McDonald for apparently the league minimum but he's suspended for 8 games to start next season. Sounds like it was pain killers and he was caught driving? I guess not a lot of risk here but hopefully the kid learned his lesson. If so this could work out well as he's a very good player.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDonald was a starter on a very good defense at St. Louis. It's a 1 year deal. He'll have a good opportunity to put that mistake in the past with the Fins.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins waived d. Jordan. Some on here can finally stop dreaming about what he could have been and see him as he is, an undisciplined bust.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins waived d. Jordan. Some on here can finally stop dreaming about what he could have been and see him as he is, an undisciplined bust.
I was holding out hope as it would have been a nice surprise for the Fins but I agree see you later. Gase Gave him a chance and he pissed on his face don't blame Gase for moving on.

Now it looks like LB, DE or OG specifically Lamp as they should go BPA for those positions in the first round. Either way still looking good.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it looks like LB, DE or OG specifically Lamp as they should go BPA for those positions in the first round. Either way still looking good.[/QUOTE]

I think you could be right however if there is an impact DT on the board that is best BPA that could be an option. Also LB Zach Brown signed with Washington. I think that means the Fins will likely pick a LB within the first few rounds of the draft.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it looks like LB, DE or OG specifically Lamp as they should go BPA for those positions in the first round. Either way still looking good.

I think you could be right however if there is an impact DT on the board that is best BPA that could be an option. Also LB Zach Brown signed with Washington. I think that means the Fins will likely pick a LB within the first few rounds of the draft.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I heard Brown signed elsewhere probably for the best as they need some youth at LB. In reality they do have options at all positions but upgrades or getting younger would be great at LB, DE, OG and I can see DT but not as much in Rd one. I think that they go after all of those positions may even trade back so that they can add more depth.