• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Metallica Vs. Megadeth

Metallica Vs. Megadeth

• 'Tallica

• MegaDave

• Metal 'tater salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's Metallica. Whoever said those early albums have a couple of good songs surrounded by mediocrity is crazy or high.

And I don't understand the prevailing belief that Megadeth has been putting out "good" albums as of late. I have been completely underwhelmed.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its ridiculous that anthrax is included in this mythical "big 4" that always gets brought up. Anthrax is nowhere near the level of notoriety of the other 3

Anthrax is criminally underrated.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's Metallica. Whoever said those early albums have a couple of good songs surrounded by mediocrity is crazy or high.

And I don't understand the prevailing belief that Megadeth has been putting out "good" albums as of late. I have been completely underwhelmed.

Better than what Metallica has put out "of late".

And I think you misread the mediocrity post. Pretty sure they were talking about their newer shit.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, they were a different vibe altogether

And came to prominence a little later, after the doors had already been blow off by the Big 4 and their other peers.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also stand by the theory stated here:
Metallica:
*Spectacular output until Cliff died.
*Now over 25 years of one or two decent songs per album surrounded by mediocrity.
*Lars is a shitty drummer (He really has moments of being really horrible) and whined like a baby about Napster (He was right but still totally NOT metal to bitch and cry like a little girl about it).

Megadeth:
*Superior musicianship to Metallica (and it isn't even close since Cliff died and people like Robert T. have their skills stifled by the James corporate approach.)
*Consistant output: Megadeth has continued with solid to good releases for basically their entire career. If you disagree then you are biased or not paying close attention.
*Yes, Dave maybe a douche but he is still a great guitar player. He has written some of the most brilliant riffs in metal history, including several that appeared on Metallica's first two albums and possibly even some on the third. The truth is that Metallica would never have been Metallica without him and certainly has not been since Cliff's passing.

It is kind of like the HOF debate: Do you favor Terrill Davis for a few brilliant seasons or longevity like Bettis or Emmitt Smith? Both deserve accolades but their careers most certainly have had very different trajectories. In this case, I favor Megadeth.

Not familiar with Megadeath, post their best song.