• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandito picked 1 thread.
Pretty sure most post on or create so many various other threads, you'd have to pull everything under fantasy football page to get an accurate measurement. And we already decided against setting a hard and fast threshold, so that measurement would be moot regardless.

do you truly feel like some people that play in the leagues aren't active enough on the boards in season to warrant their spot?

don't get that vibe from this group at all, and I'm talking the 20+ folks that make up BATG/KOTF MBBRL leagues.
I'm not going to specifically hunt out this thread in season to boost my count. I guess if a line gets drawn in the sand, I'll prob end up on the outs as I barely cracked 30 posts last yr.
I feeel some are non existent I’ll leave it at that

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandito picked 1 thread.
Pretty sure most post on or create so many various other threads, you'd have to pull everything under fantasy football page to get an accurate measurement. And we already decided against setting a hard and fast threshold, so that measurement would be moot regardless.

do you truly feel like some people that play in the leagues aren't active enough on the boards in season to warrant their spot?

don't get that vibe from this group at all, and I'm talking the 20+ folks that make up BATG/KOTF MBBRL leagues.
I'm not going to specifically hunt out this thread in season to boost my count. I guess if a line gets drawn in the sand, I'll prob end up on the outs as I barely cracked 30 posts last yr.

Yes, once again this is only one thread. I don't think anybody would ever say that you aren't an active poster Monkey. A lot of guys focus their efforts elsewhere in the fantasy football forum, but I just didn't want to try and figure out all of the posts everywhere and obviously anybody that is in D1 and D2 also posts to those threads a lot since they are active year round and there are trade offers sent out year round. Once again, what I posted wasn't meant to be the full picture, just a snapshot.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, once again this is only one thread. I don't think anybody would ever say that you aren't an active poster Monkey. A lot of guys focus their efforts elsewhere in the fantasy football forum, but I just didn't want to try and figure out all of the posts everywhere and obviously anybody that is in D1 and D2 also posts to those threads a lot since they are active year round and there are trade offers sent out year round. Once again, what I posted wasn't meant to be the full picture, just a snapshot.

Especially since the search function doesn't go back very far anymore. I was just trying to look up an old post and couldn't get anything before January.(It maybe user error i'm not very good with searches)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to throw this out there in case it means anything to anybody, but it's something I've done every year and I think it's important to look over the numbers especially since two of these guys are up for vote this year. Here in order are the post leaders from August 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017 (last season) on this MBBRL page only. This has nothing to do with any other thread including D1, D2, suicide, coma, or anything else. This is just the number of posts each member made to this thread during last season:

#1 Steelers (didn't get exact number but it's well over 300)
#2 Treff (well over 250)
#3 Milk (well over 200)
#4 OBX (well over 200)
#5 Trudem (over 200)
#6 TKO (191)
#7 BK (190)
#8 Face (182)
#9 Lefty (168)
#10 Harold (167)
#11 Bandit (140)
#12 Barilko (138)
#13 Smitty (137)
#14 Tlance (133)
#15 Joe (88)
#16 Sam (78)
#17 Fuzzy (39)
#18 Stomp (36)
#19 Shady (35)
#20 Monkey (32)
#21 Ehb5 (25)
#22 Ram (18)
#23 Femurov (16)
#24 Foot (14)
This makes me question my life decisions...

Just kidding I dont have a life outside of fantasy football :blah:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
high number of posts for me, but what about quality
I'm sure OB is poking fun, but it is a valid point.

As you may or may not know, Wil instituted the league and the league rules.
I can't speak for him as to what his intentions were behind the "keep posting" rule but since he never mentioned a specific number of posts either, it may be safe to conclude that he simply wanted everyone to continue sharing their insights and their opinions regarding fantasy football.
The spirit behind the rule (I'm guessing) was not intended to post anything just for the sake of increasing a tally. It was to offer answers and/or points of view.

Maybe some aren't as generous with their views/posts. But that doesn't make them bad or negligent owners in my view.

I appreciate all of you guys and what you bring to the table here.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially since the search function doesn't go back very far anymore. I was just trying to look up an old post and couldn't get anything before January.(It maybe user error i'm not very good with searches)
Once you reach the oldest posts in your history there is a small link at the bottom that says something like: "See older posts" that you can click for everything older. I'll see if I can post a pic of it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you reach the oldest posts in your history there is a small link at the bottom that says something like: "See older posts" that you can click for everything older. I'll see if I can post a pic of it.
@Stomp
9x6r7fj.png

It's the "Find older messages" right in the middle.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I don't think we need to draw the line in the sand on the post threshold. We are all active enough in the entire FF forum to rub shoulders with everyone & know who is active or not. Just use what YOU know as a guide to who YOU nominate each year. We don't need to put all that work in to quantify it. Feel free to make others aware in the nomination thread if you believe someone wasn't active. Spreading that awareness usually brings more info into the light. For instance this offseason some of us didn't think ehb was very active, but turns out he was very active. Just not in the threads that we participate in. Knowing that made me feel a lot more comfortable with him.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for him as to what his intentions were behind the "keep posting" rule but since he never mentioned a specific number of posts either, it may be safe to conclude that he simply wanted everyone to continue sharing their insights and their opinions regarding fantasy football.
The spirit behind the rule (I'm guessing) was not intended to post anything just for the sake of increasing a tally. It was to offer answers and/or points of view.
Maybe some aren't as generous with their views/posts. But that doesn't make them bad or negligent owners in my view.

Absolutely Joe - the raw 'number' of posts is really not the point - it's about insight and sharing information. There has been much discussion on numbers but how do you judge quality? Is simply 'quoting a message' and adding 'this' or a 'thumbs up' the same as a full paragraph as to why you agree or disagree the same thing? And for the guys who, for their own reasons (work, home, etc), are not as active as others, not worthy even though they are very successful at fantasy football? I'ts a slippery slope to attempt to logically address on shear numbers - heck someone will always be at the bottom - so, as extreme as it seems, do they progressively get booted until only one member remains?
Even Wil (our founding father) could not definitively put a number on it. From his own words "Not being active on the boards doesn't feel like a good reason to kick someone out, but if they're out because that's how the rules went, it's a legit consideration for whether they make it back in".
I'm not sure his intentions could be more clear. ......

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @averagejoe @TKOSpikes @Yellow Fuzzies @SteelersPride @Ram Tough @MilkSpiller22 @TREFF @tlance @Bandit
@SoShady @broncosmitty @Sam Sportboy @Barilko @Trudem @SmokingMonkey @HaroldSeattle @Stomp @femurov

With the above said, I think each of us should cast our votes based upon what we feel best fits the criteria of what the MBBRL stands for. I know I had said rank them somewhere in here - but IF in your heart of hearts, you do NOT feel any candidate(s) doesn't fit the bill, then by all means do not vote for them. Even if it's only one or two candidates, that YOU feel are MBBRL worthy then vote accordingly. ..... please send votes to myself and tlance via pm. You can vote now if you wish (but only if you are absolutely sure nothing will change your vote in the next 3 weeks - nominations are still open until June 30). I do have one ballet cast already. ....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @averagejoe @TKOSpikes @Yellow Fuzzies @SteelersPride @Ram Tough @MilkSpiller22 @TREFF @tlance @Bandit
@SoShady @broncosmitty @Sam Sportboy @Barilko @Trudem @SmokingMonkey @HaroldSeattle @Stomp @femurov

With the above said, I think each of us should cast our votes based upon what we feel best fits the criteria of what the MBBRL stands for. I know I had said rank them somewhere in here - but IF in your heart of hearts, you do NOT feel any candidate(s) doesn't fit the bill, then by all means do not vote for them. Even if it's only one or two candidates, that YOU feel are MBBRL worthy then vote accordingly. ..... please send votes to myself and tlance via pm. You can vote now if you wish (but only if you are absolutely sure nothing will change your vote in the next 3 weeks - nominations are still open until June 30). I do have one ballet cast already. ....

Well I can't speak for the rest of everybody, but I'm waiting until July 1st. It's entirely possible that something could happen in the meantime that makes me change my rankings and there could still be more candidates nominated, so I think voting now could actually end up making your job harder in the long run if people change their minds or new candidates pop up.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can't speak for the rest of everybody, but I'm waiting until July 1st. It's entirely possible that something could happen in the meantime that makes me change my rankings and there could still be more candidates nominated, so I think voting now could actually end up making your job harder in the long run if people change their minds or new candidates pop up.
Well, it could - but I did point that out and said be absolutely sure. .... not promoting early voting but some have apparently made up their minds made up regardless. ....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well ill state one thing about activity

most of you fine folks know oh so much more about players and their respective strengths and weaknesses and thus some of us can only second statements already made....

However that doesn't mean we are not here everyday and play the game as hard as possible and completely respect others and the founding rules of the MBBRL

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A little of both. I learned a long time ago ( so long a few here were just a glint in their dad's eye) that you have to laugh to get through this world. Even if you are the butt of the joke. So I try to have most my post have some humor in them.

Using my posts on here as an example.
If I throw up a GIF playing around it counts as a post, but it's only value is to make someone laugh.
If I do a recap of the dynasty leagues, it has a lot of value.
Everything else falls somewhere in between and we would have to have a complex formula to figure the value of every post.

During the off season some people do disappear, so their post numbers/values are down. But to me it they are here and active during the season i don't have an issue.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what guise, I've always viewed this thread as 20-25 guise bullshitting about their teams, lives, making fun of each other and generally having a good time. It's the WSIS, WSIK, FFB news and info thread and rate my team threads that make this place go IMO. Don't get me wrong I love this thread but that is just how I see it...........

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what guise, I've always viewed this thread as 20-25 guise bullshitting about their teams, lives, making fun of each other and generally having a good time. It's the WSIS, WSIK, FFB news and info thread and rate my team threads that make this place go IMO. Don't get me wrong I love this thread but that is just how I see it...........
Hell it wasnt that long ago I thought this thread was only for A league until the merged it...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit I have to kiss your ass all the way to the deadline is what you are saying? You can have all of my vCash.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said Lefty.

And that is why we have a vote. Yes, we do have standards for activity and posting. That said, everyone interpretes what those standards mean to them a little bit differently. If not, there would be no reason to even have a vote.

Regardless of what another poster says or thinks, it is important for each member to vote what they feel.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not encouraging early voting either, but when you do vote, please keep in mind that rank order of your 3 does matter, so please give it due consideration. 1st place votes will count for significantly more points than 2nd and 2nd more than 3rd.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not encouraging early voting either, but when you do vote, please keep in mind that rank order of your 3 does matter, so please give it due consideration. 1st place votes will count for significantly more points than 2nd and 2nd more than 3rd.

Thank God I’m not the one tallying the votes because wow you are talking math there.