• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really see alot of good rookies

Outside of Saqon, I sure don't see any obvious "can't miss" types at RB or WR. obviously can't miss types can miss and other under the radar types can shine. But having a very hard time getting inspired by anyone but Saqon.

Like I mentioned on the D1 thread, from what I've seen thus far, this upcoming draft sure seems awfully like the 2016 draft class. One huge mega star caliber guy, and a whole slew of maybe/maybe nots. The past two seasons, pretty much played that out to be true, with only Michael Thomas and Tyreek being the only real exceptions to become fantasy "studs", and virtually no one was high on either of them even after the draft. At least not to the point of, "wow, I HAVE to get those dudes on my team".
Last years spoils of riches with Fournette, Cook, Kamara, Hunt, McAffrey, Watson, C. Davis, Engram, Howard, JuJu, Zay Jones, Mixon, just for starters, and guys like Mike Williams, D. Foreman, Njoku, Golliday, Mack, both the guys in GB, Dede Westbrook..and others, all looking like they could easily develop into stars, is a very rare exception. Skill positions, especially RB's, were just absolutely stacked last year

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Saqon, I sure don't see any obvious "can't miss" types at RB or WR. obviously can't miss types can miss and other under the radar types can shine. But having a very hard time getting inspired by anyone but Saqon.

Like I mentioned on the D1 thread, from what I've seen thus far, this upcoming draft sure seems awfully like the 2016 draft class. One huge mega star caliber guy, and a whole slew of maybe/maybe nots. The past two seasons, pretty much played that out to be true, with only Michael Thomas and Tyreek being the only real exceptions to become fantasy "studs", and virtually no one was high on either of them even after the draft. At least not to the point of, "wow, I HAVE to get those dudes on my team".
Last years spoils of riches with Fournette, Cook, Kamara, Hunt, McAffrey, Watson, C. Davis, Engram, Howard, JuJu, Zay Jones, Mixon, just for starters, and guys like Mike Williams, D. Foreman, Njoku, Golliday, Mack, both the guys in GB, Dede Westbrook..and others, all looking like they could easily develop into stars, is a very rare exception. Skill positions, especially RB's, were just absolutely stacked last year
i guess its just my perception of the incoming class, and i follow college, id be happy to trade for picks with u as well

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college ball and this is the one area of dynasty that scares me.
Because I know very little about the rookies coming in.
It doesn't help that I pick late (14th) too.

On the flip side, since I don't follow college ball, I won't be swayed by any stats or size.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too busy enjoying Canada's way too short summer to follow college ball and then this :hockeysmile:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still cant believe what i just saw

man i feel for Drew Brees..... what a player

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everybody is getting way too rookie crazy after what happened with this 2017 draft class. They can't all always be good. There's only so many roster spots on teams so you can't have 6 impact rookie running backs every year, it's just not possible.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everybody is getting way too rookie crazy after what happened with this 2017 draft class. They can't all always be good. There's only so many roster spots on teams so you can't have 6 impact rookie running backs every year, it's just not possible.

You are correct. Last year was the exception, not the rule.

Still, like SP said, there will be impact guys in next year's class. Just may not be quite as obvious.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan Howard, Drake, Henry, Shepard and Alex Collins are all getting overlooked from 2016. Wentz and Goff too. They all went pretty early in the D1 draft.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. Last year was the exception, not the rule.

Still, like SP said, there will be impact guys in next year's class. Just may not be quite as obvious.

Jordan Howard, Drake, Henry, Shepard and Alex Collins are all getting overlooked from 2016. Wentz and Goff too. They all went pretty early in the D1 draft.

Agree on all points - - the gamble is who are they ?? Most likely highest picks will hit, or at least be serviceable - but some will be bust. Most low picks won't be stars but there will be some who do. Happens every year. ..

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that there won't be good backs over time, but the chances that there are multiple backs that are helpful immediately from a fantasy standpoint just aren't very good.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard yes, my bad. Wasn't including qbs intentionally. The others are contributors, and in the cases of Drake and Collins, there's nothing clear about their roles in 2018 with Dixon and Williams returning, plus the possibility of even more competition being added in the off season. They performed well, no doubts, but are hardly safe until after the draft. I think what was referring to, would have to be good enough by now, to not have to worry about their roles next season. My quick rule of thumb- would I trade significant value to get one of these dudes? If that answer isn't a definite yes, than they don't meet the mark in my book

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this draft class is the most loaded at RB that there has been in a long while.

Now that doesnt mean theres oppertunities to start.

but you guys are looking at whose starting in the league now.
Strictly speaking of an elite college back with tangibles that translate to the nFL, this class is stackkkkked.

i dunno i follow college fball

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this draft class is the most loaded at RB that there has been in a long while.

Now that doesnt mean theres oppertunities to start.

but you guys are looking at whose starting in the league now.
Strictly speaking of an elite college back with tangibles that translate to the nFL, this class is stackkkkked.

i dunno i follow college fball
It definitely has some names, however some of them are returning like Bryce Love. I think this class will have great depth behind its one great gem in Barkley.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its too quiet in here!

Lets go Jags and Eagles!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would love to see Brady NOT in the Super Bowl...I cannot get behind the idea of Blake Bortles. Just doesn't seem right
Come on...its more rooting against the Pats. Although I am supporting the local team. I just cant fathom that thought of a Pat/Queen Super Bowl...yuck, even though I like our resident Vikings fan.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a long time since I rock and rolled...I wanna apply for reinstatement!

I will humbly and abjectly grovel, if need be....I will even overlook Trudem's 'Queen' comment. I will. I promise. Unless we win the Big Show. Then, all bets are off. ;)

Anyway, in all seriousness, I miss this a lot. You guys want me back, I've got no prob going back to B and trying to work my way up to A.

And I swear, no snarky comments! No sarcasm!

Until the regular season, at least...:D:D:D

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a long time since I rock and rolled...I wanna apply for reinstatement!

I will humbly and abjectly grovel, if need be....I will even overlook Trudem's 'Queen' comment. I will. I promise. Unless we win the Big Show. Then, all bets are off. ;)

Anyway, in all seriousness, I miss this a lot. You guys want me back, I've got no prob going back to B and trying to work my way up to A.

And I swear, no snarky comments! No sarcasm!

Until the regular season, at least...:D:D:D
I can’t help myself. I can usually let bygones be bygones but not in a lost season. Maybe if Barr stubs his toe my attitude could change.

ok not likely but still...I tried.

Also hell yes get your ass back in gear!