• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mercedes introducing pickup truck

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mercedes Targets Quad-Bike Loving Wealthy With Luxury Pickup

ksaflcdslcjpoj1zwsvc.jpg

And it's exactly what you would think. An overpriced, ugly POS that will flop massively. When will automakers learn that you the only higher end models of trucks that will sell are just the baseline truck with bells and whistles. No one wants a "luxury truck". What soccer mom is going to want to be in one of those? What guy is going to feel like a bad ass driving that? Who is going to drop $60k and then take something offroad, haul a trailer, or make a dump run?

I fail to see the demand for this, but I guess they will make it anyways. :L

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ksaflcdslcjpoj1zwsvc.jpg

And it's exactly what you would think. An overpriced, ugly POS that will flop massively. When will automakers learn that you the only higher end models of trucks that will sell are just the baseline truck with bells and whistles. No one wants a "luxury truck". What soccer mom is going to want to be in one of those? What guy is going to feel like a bad ass driving that? Who is going to drop $60k and then take something offroad, haul a trailer, or make a dump run?

It's not being released in the US.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they ripped of the failed Ford Sport Trac then.

2007_ford_explorer-sport-trac_crew-cab-pickup_base_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Great Idea

JOZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mercedes-benz trucks only allowed to drive thru the highest class of mud!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Introducing, The Homer...the car built for Homer

ToJUPI.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with trucks like that is the bed is too small to really haul anything significant. Sure it's more than a car obviously, but if I'm going to buy a truck, I want a big long bed. Not that short shit.

But that's also why I don't buy trucks anymore. If you get a king cab, you lose bed. And if you don't get a king cab, you don't have room for more than a couple of people. For me, having a bunch of kids and grandkids, that doesn't work for him.

So I drive a "luxury" SUV - and love it. Best of both worlds for the most part. I hauled my kitchen table in mine - with the leaf in it, and had no troubles. Hauled lazy boys, grills, all kinds of shit. The only thing that sucks is it has a roof, so I can't haul my king sized bed in it or oversized things like that.

If I ever buy another truck, I would likely just get a base model as it wouldn't be my main vehicle. It would be for hauling stuff, but right now I have no need for such things.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ksaflcdslcjpoj1zwsvc.jpg

What's the point of this? I can just imagine some dude from Beverly Hills taking a load of trash to the dump in his Mercedes.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's also why I don't buy trucks anymore. If you get a king cab, you lose bed. And if you don't get a king cab, you don't have room for more than a couple of people. For me, having a bunch of kids and grandkids, that doesn't work for him.

Yep. I see people all over NYC with king cabs and I wonder what they're actually doing with that bed. And these are private vehicles, not commercial plates.

I wouldn't mind getting one of those smaller versions of a Sprinter or a Ford transit, because you can haul a lot of luggage and still fit five people in the cab. They're basically mini-vans:

2013_ford_transit-connect_cargo-minivan_cargo-van-xlt_rq_oem_2_1280.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of this? I can just imagine some dude from Beverly Hills taking a load of trash to the dump in his Mercedes.

I can imagine they might be a hit with the "Pimp my Ride" types

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can imagine they might be a hit with the "Pimp my Ride" types
I don't know. It makes as much sense as Honda's Ridgeline. Folks who truly love PUs are going to stick with Dodge, Chevy, GM, Toyota, and Ford. They are the workhorses, the others are simply fluff.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not ugly...

but very overpriced for a truck.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I see people all over NYC with king cabs and I wonder what they're actually doing with that bed. And these are private vehicles, not commercial plates.

I wouldn't mind getting one of those smaller versions of a Sprinter or a Ford transit, because you can haul a lot of luggage and still fit five people in the cab. They're basically mini-vans:

2013_ford_transit-connect_cargo-minivan_cargo-van-xlt_rq_oem_2_1280.jpg
Ford needs to offer an AWD version of the Transit. That would be a hot seller.

2010-ford-transit-connect-photo-259154-s-450x274.jpg