• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Men's Basketball vs. UNC-G 12/28 on ESPN3

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT Hoops sucks bigtime! JJ isn't going to cut it.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT Hoops sucks bigtime! JJ isn't going to cut it.

Needs a new thread. The guy is just awful as a coach. Recruiting-wise he has done OK but even if he was the Mike London of basketball, then we would still be sub-.500.

How the hell do you lose to Greensboro at home. And basically torch an 8 point lead at the end of the game.

P.S. Practice some g.d. free throws. We lost the game multiple ways but sucking at the line was one of the big ones.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I set no expectations going into this season (mainly because I didn't want to torture myself since I'd knew we'd stink). But even with no expectations, that UNCG loss (and especially the effort) is inexcusable. Question #1 for the new AD in the job interview should be "Who would you hire as the men's basketball coach?"

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it's not that bad! We only lost by 3 to unc!

Wait you mean we lost to unc g spot??? Oh God our bball team sucks :L

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The players aren't prepared for their opponents. Tech routinely goes 4 to 5 minutes in games without scoring from the floor, sometimes scoring at all, while the opponent stays at a steady clip. That can be bad shooting or bad shooters sometimes, but it just isn't so when almost every game is like that for multiple stretches. The team had two 6-7 minute stretches without points from the floor against UNCG.

1st Half 18:28-11:34
2nd Half 12:42-6:37

ACC teams, even those limited in talent and depth, should be able to score on a mid major at home better than 6 minute spans. There has to be some adjustment, substitution, or set play that can get you one basket.

And the free throws....:doh:

I'll support coaches and players until the end, but right now its pretty bad. There is talent on the team and staff. I'm just hoping there can be a couple upsets and/or they somehow figure it all out eventually.