• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melo to the Bulls "Good Chance"

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose won't need to play at that grinding level if the Bulls get Melo. A lot of pressure would be taken off of Rose.

Its not that he had to last year. Last year during the pre season, he went hard into hibbert at least three times, hit the floor hard every time. He has to play smarter to extend his own career. His peoples keep pushing him to be the fearless Rose again, fearless is one thing, another year in a suit is just too much. I know last years was not a major contact play that knocked him out, but who knows when it was tweaked.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that he had to last year. Last year during the pre season, he went hard into hibbert at least three times, hit the floor hard every time. He has to play smarter to extend his own career. His peoples keep pushing him to be the fearless Rose again, fearless is one thing, another year in a suit is just too much. I know last years was not a major contact play that knocked him out, but who knows when it was tweaked.

I hope we can trade Boozer because if Rose gets hurt again we need to use the amnesty on him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I see the writing on the wall...

Lebron goes to Cleveland and brings Melo along denying the bulls their shot at a player that could bring them into contention again.

Next, Cleveland makes a trade of the first pick and some players for Kevin love.

Then the bulls blow their cap space on Luol Deng.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I see the writing on the wall...

Lebron goes to Cleveland and brings Melo along denying the bulls their shot at a player that could bring them into contention again.

Next, Cleveland makes a trade of the first pick and some players for Kevin love.

Then the bulls blow their cap space on Luol Deng.

I think if we don't land LBJ or Melo we trade for Love. I think the Bulls move fast on this. I think Bulls would want some kind of word that they will land either one and if not they trade for love on draft night.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can trade Boozer because if Rose gets hurt again we need to use the amnesty on him.

Amnesty only applies on players that were under contract BEFORE the last CBA. We cant use amnesty on Rose. The only player that is even worth amnestying is Boozer, but like I said before, Reinsdork would still have to cut him a check, and I highly doubt that is gonna happen.

They might be able to get some injury exemption from the league if D's career is over, but that gonna be just like another MLE player.

If Love is gonna be traded, it will happen on draft night. Waiting til after the decision 2 and 3 will gut the team and just land us a booby prize.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this news going on and the NY trade I'm starting to think Bulls are out of this. I think we strike out again. I see us signing Lance now. Another Plan B….C pick up.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we don't land LBJ or Melo we trade for Love. I think the Bulls move fast on this. I think Bulls would want some kind of word that they will land either one and if not they trade for love on draft night.

We can't beat a deal centered around the number one pick this year... Not even close. I'm honestly losing hope about signing Melo or trading for love. Well probably end up signing lance Stephenson or Paul gasol to a terrible contract and going into the season with a seriously flawed roster again.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't beat a deal centered around the number one pick this year... Not even close. I'm honestly losing hope about signing Melo or trading for love. Well probably end up signing lance Stephenson or Paul gasol to a terrible contract and going into the season with a seriously flawed roster again.

Im with you. I think he goes to Houston now after that trade. Its just crazy that Houston can trade a 15 mill back up center on expiring deal for a 1st rd pick and we cant trade boozer who is a better player and is also on expiring deal. Wouldn't shock me if Houston got LBJ and Melo. LBJ needs 2 stars to play along side of him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We will be stuck with Plan C again in FA. Bet we sign Lance and that doesn't help us much.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be stuck with Plan C again in FA. Bet we sign Lance and that doesn't help us much.

I think if we strike out on melo and love we just trade for afflalo and bring over mirotic.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we strike out on melo and love we just trade for afflalo and bring over mirotic.

scratch that afflalo is off the table, fk garpax. seriously can theses bastargs if they strike out on melo and love.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really doesnt matter who we get. Melo did not lead new york to anything, lebron did enough on his own, needed a team to beat san antonio.

Worried about that meeting yesterday, if bosh and wade leave then there is a better chance of getting an even worse player than stephenson.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bulls are first on the list, so he knows what the other 4 teams have to beat. Cuban already said he is not giving out any max contracts, so they are pretty much off the list I think. Houston is closer to winning with Harden and Howard. Question is will they need to move Harden to afford him. That would be a mistake. Last is the lakers, think thats his best chance. Already dealing with an owner that is willing to pay him 30 million like kobe, question with that is does he want his year round home in LA or would rather have two homes, one for the season, one for the off season. Bulls will make a mistake offering him more than what the heat three decide on. To me you are gonna use Lebron possibly taking less money and say he is the best player in the game, we wont pay more. Lakers are losing LA to the clippers. I think its a move they almost have to make.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo will visit Bulls first. The other good news is he is taking a whole day in Chitown. He is splitting his day with Houston and Dallas. I don't know if the 1st visit is a good thing or bad thing. My opinion I like to be the last visit but being the 1st can also mean we are 1st on his list. I really hope we land him.

Other good news is Mirtoic is coming to visit also. If we can land him and Melo that would be also. We would have to sign Melo first and then Mirtoic so we can go over the cap. If it goes the other way we would have to sign Melo for less. Bulls are ready to say bye to Boozer and MDJ. That will open about 19 mill plus the 3-5 million they already have open. Overall Bulls should have about 20-22 million to spend if this happens.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the knicks were first on his list when he demanded a trade, didnt mean much in the long run, well ultimately it might if he signs back there.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark shanowski from csn was on the radio yesterday night, said the lineup would be rose, butler, mcdermott, melo and noah. Really thought melo was and wants to be a 3, the point forward, scottie pippen role. Is he really being signed to be the 4?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark shanowski from csn was on the radio yesterday night, said the lineup would be rose, butler, mcdermott, melo and noah. Really thought melo was and wants to be a 3, the point forward, scottie pippen role. Is he really being signed to be the 4?

I disagree, It would be Rose, Butler, Melo, Gibson, Noah and McDermott as the 6th or 7th man. No way McDermott starts. Thibs dosnt start Rookies.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, It would be Rose, Butler, Melo, Gibson, Noah and McDermott as the 6th or 7th man. No way McDermott starts. Thibs dosnt start Rookies.

I really dont care about McDermott starting, I was just thrown off by him calling carmello a 4 and wondered if I am more lost than usual over this. I always considered carmello a three that can play some minutes at the 4, not a dirk or mirotic 4 that spends more of his time outside. Noah would need to get 25 rebounds a night to even stay close to keeping up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont care about McDermott starting, I was just thrown off by him calling carmello a 4 and wondered if I am more lost than usual over this. I always considered carmello a three that can play some minutes at the 4, not a dirk or mirotic 4 that spends more of his time outside. Noah would need to get 25 rebounds a night to even stay close to keeping up.

He isn't a 4 but he can cover the stretch 4's. Yes I can see him playing a few min a night there. 7-12 min a night depending on the PF playing that night.