• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mea Culpa

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to apologize to Mr. Hollinger for doubting his playoff odd's predictor. I knew that the Lakers were a possibility, I knew that Houston would likely finish ahead of us, I knew it wasn't a foregone conclusion that the Warriors would fall, but I wouldn't have predicted this. Things could change, but man, it's been a fall. I thought we'd squeak in and lose in the first round, as it looked like 6th seed was possible (not probable). But we get a better draft pick than the consolation prize. TANK! Just kidding, but playoffs don't seem to have a point. The majority of the team got the feel last year and a big chunk of the team could be different next year anyway. Experiment with lineups, give certain players more experience. Build for next year, not the first round. I wouldn't tank if I were a player, coach, or CEO, but as a fan, what the hell? I mean, the first overall is out of the question without the ball falling our way, but that doesn't mean we can't learn something from the Spurs, now that we have their guy running a significant part of us.

By the way, how long has the 9th seed in the Eastern Conference been around 10 losses away from the 8th? Wow.