• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Me thinks its time to go to an 8 team playoff

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its ridiculous that a conference that really wasn't that good this year has two teams playing for the NC...looking back on it the Big10 should have had a team in ...

Was pulling for the Sooners last night...what a wild game that was...hopefully if the stars align WV will get their shot next year..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is even more ridiculous is that half the teams playing div 1A football are not eligible to "win the title" UCF is a damned fine team, beat the team that beat both "finalists" and will end up ranked about 8th.........Hell with the playoff, BCS, bowl alliance, bowl coalition, let's go back to when the aim of a football team was to beat your rivals, win your league (or win the Lambert trophy) and go to a bowl. People knew that the "national championship" was a meaningless vote, just as it is today!!! Yet we try to legitimize the popularity contest today......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been an advocate for an 8 team playoff for 15 years. Ever since an undeserving Nebraska team played in the BCS NCG despite not winning their conference.

You know Jim Delaney is pissed one of his teams was left out of the playoffs this year. And, you know he’s beside himself that we have an all SEC championship game when Bama didn’t even deserve to be in the playoffs this year.

We’re one step closer...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is even more ridiculous is that half the teams playing div 1A football are not eligible to "win the title" UCF is a damned fine team, beat the team that beat both "finalists" and will end up ranked about 8th.........Hell with the playoff, BCS, bowl alliance, bowl coalition, let's go back to when the aim of a football team was to beat your rivals, win your league (or win the Lambert trophy) and go to a bowl. People knew that the "national championship" was a meaningless vote, just as it is today!!! Yet we try to legitimize the popularity contest today......

Isn't the AAC the conference you wanted Wv to go back to or am I mistaken?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been an advocate for an 8 team playoff for 15 years. Ever since an undeserving Nebraska team played in the BCS NCG despite not winning their conference.

You know Jim Delaney is pissed one of his teams was left out of the playoffs this year. And, you know he’s beside himself that we have an all SEC championship game when Bama didn’t even deserve to be in the playoffs this year.

We’re one step closer...

I hope your right...it was made crystal clear that the Committee needs to decide how much weight a Conference Championship means in deciding who is in and who is out....

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your right...it was made crystal clear that the Committee needs to decide how much weight a Conference Championship means in deciding who is in and who is out....
Thus far it hasn't meant anything. Ohio State chosen over Penn State last year, and Bama getting in, when they were 3rd in their conference.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know why the "eye test" only applies to Bama.....UCF was a very solid team this year.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1984, BYU (WAC champ) was given the National Title

1984 BYU
• 13-0 by 20.2 ppg
• vs. Winning Record: 3-0
• vs. Final Top 25: 0-0
• Bowl: 6-6 Michigan (unranked)

2017 UCF
• 13-0 by 22.9 ppg
• vs. Winning Record: 8-0
• vs. Final Top 25: 4-0
• Bowl: 10-3 Auburn (#7)

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1984 BYU
• 13-0 by 20.2 ppg

2017 UCF
• 13-0 by 22.9 ppg

EXACTLY...as far as the eye test we are right back to where we were back in the good ol' days..the traditional FOOTBALL POWERS are going to find a way in. That is why..to your point about UCF they should have had a shot to play for it all...and if you can't do the math to get them in with 4 teams it screams you need to expand the field

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i was Bama i would not even play my starters in the Iron Bowl....just think they have received the opportunity to win a national championship twice without winning their division or conference.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This year truly left me confused. Bama did not even have the resume to support getting in the CFP. At least tOSU had the resume last year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know why the "eye test" only applies to Bama.....UCF was a very solid team this year.
The "eye test" applies to only the blue bloods, last year it applied to OSU, the first year of the "playoff" it applied to TCU and Baylor in reverse.........the only reason that will cause the "playoff" to expand is if it becomes fair, and teams are taken purely on merit, and OSU and Alabama are left out for several years running. What a farce it is!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1984 BYU
• 13-0 by 20.2 ppg

2017 UCF
• 13-0 by 22.9 ppg
BYU "winning" the "title" is the whole reason that the bowl alliance, bowl coalition, BSC, and "playoff" were instituted!! The blue bloods and the talking heads on TV want to see only "power" conference teams "win". They are scared to death to include "lesser" teams, they can not let it be seen that the "little sisters of the poor" can and do field teams that can compete!!!

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but after beating a clumsy Auburn we would watch them totally buttplugged by a Georgia or Alabama and complain about how lopsided the game was

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but after beating a clumsy Auburn we would watch them totally buttplugged by a Georgia or Alabama and complain about how lopsided the game was

Why would that be any different than watching tOSU get its ass whipped by Clemson last year.... or MSU getting its ass whipped by Bama the year before? Has the B1G scored a point since the first CFP?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU "winning" the "title" is the whole reason that the bowl alliance, bowl coalition, BSC, and "playoff" were instituted!! The blue bloods and the talking heads on TV want to see only "power" conference teams "win". They are scared to death to include "lesser" teams, they can not let it be seen that the "little sisters of the poor" can and do field teams that can compete!!!

Yeah... right!

Everyone loves the underdog... it is the reason the NCAA basketball tourney has become the mega monster it has. But, the blue bloods and talking heads wouldn't want the same for football...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see how the talking heads are going to spin this. ‘Bama already beat the #1 seeded team, so “obviously” they were the correct team to place in the 4th slot since they were the better team at the end of the season. If ‘Bama wins it all, hold on to your hat. The Committee will be anointed the smartest Committee in modern college football history.

At this juncture, they need to throw out conference champions and please don’t point to OU’s Conference Championship this year the reason why they got in. As for UCF, didn’t they go undefeated, won Conference Championship, and were a hot team?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one will admit that I in the past would drink the koolaid, back when we were in the BE. Others were saying how much harder it is to play these power5 conference games week in and week out. After watching the transfer to the Big12, I can honestly say I was terribly wrong. No way a UCF would go undefeated and win the CCG in the Big12 SEC or the ACC this year. The Big this year maybe depends which division they were in. Pac this year I don't think so.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep thinking that...........ridiculous. Come on people, TEAMS play ball, leagues don't. UCF had a great team and deserved a shot. Whether they won or lost the game was not important. How many times have we watched a B11 team get their ass handed to them in BSC and "playoff" games???