• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mcvay VS Gruden

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say fantastic job. Yes this year the injuries are just way too much to handle. When you evaluate Gruden you have to bring up hiring Barry over Wade Phillps and not establishing a running game here. That is with two olineman drafted in the top 5 of the draft and a QB.

I also don't understand lack of talent on offense while he is here. Good names at skills positions plus and oline with top draft picks. I understand this year is a mess with injures. But he also has a "franchise" QB or he is getting paid like one to play with. A lot of coaches don't have this.

I think he is done an average job while he is here. I wouldn't say fantastic for his whole tenure here.

So you blame any offensive issues on Gruden? Hmm - let's see. Issue #1 - RB - IMO that is primarily based on lack of talent & injuries. One you can't control & the other is really up to the FO. Issue # 2 - lack of productivity at WR. This is partially due to injuries but mainly limited experience from the young WRs & a shiny new toy who has been a bust thus far. I put this both on the FO & the fact that some of these young guys need time & to earn the trust of the team. Issue # 3 - lack of protection at time - mainly due to injuries but also some slip ups even when healthy - it happens & I am not worried about it.

You could be right about play calling issues, but I think that any coach is not going to win w/ the fans in this area & I get the feeling that you would bitch about just about any NFL coach. Also gotta love your little backhanded compliment for Cousins. You are so transparent & it would take a miracle for you to ever give a sincere compliment to either Gruden or Cousins. You also discount how tough it is for a someone to coach thru major injuries. You make is sound like no big deal - whatever.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you blame any offensive issues on Gruden? Hmm - let's see. Issue #1 - RB - IMO that is primarily based on lack of talent & injuries. One you can't control & the other is really up to the FO. Issue # 2 - lack of productivity at WR. This is partially due to injuries but mainly limited experience from the young WRs & a shiny new toy who has been a bust thus far. I put this both on the FO & the fact that some of these young guys need time & to earn the trust of the team. Issue # 3 - lack of protection at time - mainly due to injuries but also some slip ups even when healthy - it happens & I am not worried about it.

You could be right about play calling issues, but I think that any coach is not going to win w/ the fans in this area & I get the feeling that you would bitch about just about any NFL coach. Also gotta love your little backhanded compliment for Cousins. You are so transparent & it would take a miracle for you to ever give a sincere compliment to either Gruden or Cousins. You also discount how tough it is for a someone to coach thru major injuries. You make is sound like no big deal - whatever.

I was commenting on Gruden for his whole tenure. As regard to this year, yes its tough b/c of the injuries. I have complemented both KC and Gruden this year. But Gruden has a franchise QB to work with so you have to factor that in. When Gruden does stupid stuff like he did Sunday, I call foul b/c he is a veteran head coach. Gruden has had talent to work with in his tenure here. This year is different b/c of the injuries. Even if we lose Sunday I still think we have a shot to run the table.

I was responding to the article that Gruden is doing a fantastic job. Are you giving everyone a free pass this year b/c of the injuries?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was commenting on Gruden for his whole tenure. As regard to this year, yes its tough b/c of the injuries. I have complemented both KC and Gruden this year. But Gruden has a franchise QB to work with so you have to factor that in. When Gruden does stupid stuff like he did Sunday, I call foul b/c he is a veteran head coach. Gruden has had talent to work with in his tenure here. This year is different b/c of the injuries. Even if we lose Sunday I still think we have a shot to run the table.

I was responding to the article that Gruden is doing a fantastic job. Are you giving everyone a free pass this year b/c of the injuries?

Not free pass, but it has to be factored into any evaluation. I stated that some of the play calling by Gruden is fair game for criticism. However - on the flip side - he did just an incredible job of being competitive against the Seahawks & for most of the Boys game. During the Boys game their O line was the equivalent of one of the scab teams during the NFL strike - subpar talent, guys who never worked together, guys only on the team for a few days/week. Not sure if people realize how difficult it is to pull that off.

Sure there are players who deserve criticism even during the games where there were injuries. The secondary, WRs & some of the front 7 have just played bad at times, but I would state that you could make that case w/ most teams (e.g. Pats - everyone singing their praises now but were crucifying their defense earlier in the year).

Agree about judging Gruden for his entire tenure with the team. That being the case I would state the he has done a better job than any other HC during the Snyder era (you could argue Gibbs II). Ready to go to the HOF? No but a pretty damn good coach (flaws and all).

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not free pass, but it has to be factored into any evaluation. I stated that some of the play calling by Gruden is fair game for criticism. However - on the flip side - he did just an incredible job of being competitive against the Seahawks & for most of the Boys game. During the Boys game their O line was the equivalent of one of the scab teams during the NFL strike - subpar talent, guys who never worked together, guys only on the team for a few days/week. Not sure if people realize how difficult it is to pull that off.

Sure there are players who deserve criticism even during the games where there were injuries. The secondary, WRs & some of the front 7 have just played bad at times, but I would state that you could make that case w/ most teams (e.g. Pats - everyone singing their praises now but were crucifying their defense earlier in the year).

Agree about judging Gruden for his entire tenure with the team. That being the case I would state the he has done a better job than any other HC during the Snyder era (you could argue Gibbs II). Ready to go to the HOF? No but a pretty damn good coach (flaws and all).

I hear ya on the Cowboys game. There is still plenty of season left to see how we end up this year

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always laugh at play calling issues. What was the play called that you had an issue with? What was the protection? Did the QB audible? Was the protection changed? Was the play executed correctly by ALL 11 guys? You know how many of those things any of us know for sure? I'll give you a hit, it is a round number ....