• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mcvay VS Gruden

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont no if we talked about this but should we have hired mcvay and fired gruden

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont no if we talked about this but should we have hired mcvay and fired gruden
Lol. You are really going there? Hmm - who won the head to head match when both teams were healthy?
Who do the Skins have @ RB that is remotely close to Gurley? Is Goff playing behind backups & injured players? Are the Rams missing most of their offense, 2 D line starters, 2 TEs, starting ILB, K & playing with a banged up secondary?

Please learn the game of football before you post. I suggest that you go shopping for the remainder of this season & for the next 5 years. HTTR

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good question has gruden ever been 6-2 to start a season???

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a valid question. Gruden's done some good things, but there are also issues that were here at the beginning of Gruden's tenure. That still remain issues to this day and that's not a good sign.

Posters have been pulling Mike and Kyle Shanahan out their ass spo they cpould woe woe woe and gnash their teeth since 2013. I'm surprised it took this long to be publicly brought up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a valid question. Gruden's done some good things, but there are also issues that were here at the beginning of Gruden's tenure. That still remain issues to this day and that's not a good sign.

Posters have been pulling Mike and Kyle Shanahan out their ass spo they cpould woe woe woe and gnash their teeth since 2013. I'm surprised it took this long to be publicly brought up.

Seriously? I could perhaps understand if you just want to compare who is a better coach - time will tell that. However - are you guys seriously suggesting that at the beginning of this season that this team should have dumped Gruden to promote one of his assts? Why in the hell would they do that?

The Redskins were just coming off 2 straight winning seasons & already were mired in controversy because they fired their GM under suspicious circumstances. You now want to suggest that they should have also fired their coach? LOL. This team is known as one that has way too much turnover at coach & no stability - this suggestion would be adding to that reputation.

I think that Gruden has done a pretty amazing job this season considering the circumstances. Sure he has made mistakes but so do most coaches. Again - Rams are much healthier, have Gurley at RB compared to the Redskins who have no running game & play in a cupcake division. I will give McVay tons of credit & he is hands down the Coach of the Year favorite, but let's not go crazy on this one. The Redskins issue rt now are injuries and shortcoming in some areas that are correctable via the drat and free agency. I think that Gruden will be fine leading this team for at least a few more years.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good question has gruden ever been 6-2 to start a season???

No but he led this team to two straight winning seasons - the first time that has happened for the Redskins in ages. Stop playing "woulda, shoulda". Gruden coaches the Redskins & McVay the Rams & this isn't "Back to the Future". Deal with it.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I could perhaps understand if you just want to compare who is a better coach - time will tell that. However - are you guys seriously suggesting that at the beginning of this season that this team should have dumped Gruden to promote one of his assts? Why in the hell would they do that?

The Redskins were just coming off 2 straight winning seasons & already were mired in controversy because they fired their GM under suspicious circumstances. You now want to suggest that they should have also fired their coach? LOL. This team is known as one that has way too much turnover at coach & no stability - this suggestion would be adding to that reputation.

I think that Gruden has done a pretty amazing job this season considering the circumstances. Sure he has made mistakes but so do most coaches. Again - Rams are much healthier, have Gurley at RB compared to the Redskins who have no running game & play in a cupcake division. I will give McVay tons of credit & he is hands down the Coach of the Year favorite, but let's not go crazy on this one. The Redskins issue rt now are injuries and shortcoming in some areas that are correctable via the drat and free agency. I think that Gruden will be fine leading this team for at least a few more years.

I merely suggested that talking about who's a better coach/who do you wish would've stayed. Gruden or McVay? Is just as valid or moreso than posters still getting heart flutters and pining for the days of the Shanahans/wishing Kyle was still here.

The Skins have never looked sharp to open up the season under Gruden. In his 3 years as a starter This year is the only year once could say Kirk hit the ground runnin at the beginning of ther yrar. And he and numerous other players still had a stinker of a game on opening day. We look far too much like a team being led by a scared rookie HC and rookie QB who seems to have no discretion to go off script. I used to believe it was a f;law of Kirk's, but I'm leaning more to it being a Gruden shortcoming these days.

We're terrible at making adjustments it seems at any point in a game and for whatever reason. We can't seem to find a Def Co that knows how to defend against a TE or a RB coming out of the backfiled on rudimentary screens and flares. We'be had issues with the running game during Gruden's tenure as we can't seem to find a hazlfway decent RB.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McVay is a better coach. I do not think we should have fired Gruden to hire McVay to find out how good McVay is.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McVay is a better coach. I do not think we should have fired Gruden to hire McVay to find out how good McVay is.

There you go - that was basically my pt.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I merely suggested that talking about who's a better coach/who do you wish would've stayed. Gruden or McVay? Is just as valid or moreso than posters still getting heart flutters and pining for the days of the Shanahans/wishing Kyle was still here.

The Skins have never looked sharp to open up the season under Gruden. In his 3 years as a starter This year is the only year once could say Kirk hit the ground runnin at the beginning of ther yrar. And he and numerous other players still had a stinker of a game on opening day. We look far too much like a team being led by a scared rookie HC and rookie QB who seems to have no discretion to go off script. I used to believe it was a f;law of Kirk's, but I'm leaning more to it being a Gruden shortcoming these days.

We're terrible at making adjustments it seems at any point in a game and for whatever reason. We can't seem to find a Def Co that knows how to defend against a TE or a RB coming out of the backfiled on rudimentary screens and flares. We'be had issues with the running game during Gruden's tenure as we can't seem to find a hazlfway decent RB.

OK - if you are talking about who is a better coach then fair argument. I was just stating that no way they should have gotten ridden of Gruden at the beginning of this season unless everyone wants to play coaching carousel forever. I give Gruden a lot of credit for being competitive during the last few games - not easy given the circumstances. We will see moving fwd. BTW - there is a good chance that the Redskins go undefeated vs the division where McVay & the Rams reside. NFCE>>>>NFCW.

In terms of Manusky - fair pt & they need to work on it, but I cannot believe that anyone should be questioning him rt now - he is doing a great job & has also been dealing w/ a fair amt of injuries. He appears to be far superior to his predecessor. I just think that some folks stress the negative about this team way too much when at the current time they are not doing too damn bad given all of the injuries.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it funny that folks like Coach & Country always stress change, change, change. Fire the coach, cut players, trade players, dump anyone over 25 for draft picks, find sexy new FAs, etc, etc. This is basically the same thing that people always bitch about w/ Snyder & that approach has basically not worked anywhere. Sure - you need to change where needed, but you also need a certain amt of stability within the organization to succeed. Not hard to figure out.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interesting fact this morning. The Rams are the only team in the NFL that has used the same starting OL for all games thus far this season. Compare that to a team like the Redskins who have been lucky recently to even have one starting O lineman in the lineup.

Not taking anything away from McVay & think he is hands-down the NFL coach of the year. However - the difference in record between then Rams & Redskins involves so much more than coaching & luck in the injury dept is a key factor.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interesting fact this morning. The Rams are the only team in the NFL that has used the same starting OL for all games thus far this season. Compare that to a team like the Redskins who have been lucky recently to even have one starting O lineman in the lineup.

Not taking anything away from McVay & think he is hands-down the NFL coach of the year. However - the difference in record between then Rams & Redskins involves so much more than coaching & luck in the injury dept is a key factor.
Not taking sides here as I think given the circumstances, Gruden has done as well as he can considering. I also like McVay as he was a Redskin. All that aside, McVay's play calling (he has expanded since leaving WASH) is far superior to Gruden's play calling. McVay seems to put players in better positions to succeed. That's my take.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking sides here as I think given the circumstances, Gruden has done as well as he can considering. I also like McVay as he was a Redskin. All that aside, McVay's play calling (he has expanded since leaving WASH) is far superior to Gruden's play calling. McVay seems to put players in better positions to succeed. That's my take.
I’m not buying this. McKay is a first year coach with new players as usual they’ve caught teams by surprise. Nfl defense tend to catch up eventually. I do like Mcvay, just not ready to put him in the hof or say he’s better than Gruden. Totally different situations to compare

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not buying this. McKay is a first year coach with new players as usual they’ve caught teams by surprise. Nfl defense tend to catch up eventually. I do like Mcvay, just not ready to put him in the hof or say he’s better than Gruden. Totally different situations to compare

Very good pt. Who knows - over time McVay may be rated as one of the best coaches ever but way too early to make any judgements in this area. Your take reminds me of the Redskins 2012 team. At that time a lot of folks (myself included) were ready to declare RG3 & the Redskins team & scheme as the wave of the future & one that would succeed for many years to come.

It would only take the following season for all of this to come tumbling down. I realize that - unlike the Rams - this was primarily based on a gimmick offense, but the Rams could also falter moving fwd & all of sudden there will be critics of McVay (just like the current ones for Gruden). Things change rapidly in the NFL.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree: The previous 2 seasons in WASH, Cousins put up video game numbers under McVay's play calling. This year has been quite different. I get the injuries, but you can clearly see how vanilla Gruden is at times. McVay has taken the reins off a very green Goff and look at his confidence, his numbers and it reflects in the teams record to date. Teams have had 3+ years to get a beat on McVay and have been unable to do so.

I'm NOT putting McVay in the HOF. I'm saying, he IS a better play caller than Gruden and recent track history says so. Just like I would prefer McDaniel's play calling to Gruden's.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell. Red of the cowgirls looks like a good coach with Zeke and the Lt without he looks pretty damn pathetic. Granted it’s just one game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i need to do is search engine every skins game last season and i will find that his play calling was left wanting by the vast majority of fans on this site

as for video game numbers too bad KC gets no credit for that other then stat padding at the end of lost games according to the ABCer croud

mcvay is doing well and i think he will continue to do so

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree: The previous 2 seasons in WASH, Cousins put up video game numbers under McVay's play calling. This year has been quite different. I get the injuries, but you can clearly see how vanilla Gruden is at times. McVay has taken the reins off a very green Goff and look at his confidence, his numbers and it reflects in the teams record to date. Teams have had 3+ years to get a beat on McVay and have been unable to do so.

I'm NOT putting McVay in the HOF. I'm saying, he IS a better play caller than Gruden and recent track history says so. Just like I would prefer McDaniel's play calling to Gruden's.

Just not an apples to apples comparison for Cousins. First of all for 2015 & 2016 he threw for 4160/29 TDs & 4917/25 TDs respectively for 16 games. For 2017 he has 2474/14 thru 9 games. He could still come very close to duplicating those #s this season especially since they are done w/ the tough part of their schedule & will be playing some bad teams moving fwd. His #s could also increase since they might decide to just ditch the run game.

Also beyond the injuries there are other big factors. Yes the injuries meant that he had little protection at times, but it also has meant dramatically limited availability from one of his favorite targets - Reed. He also lost Jackson & Garcon & their replacements are nowhere close to date (& Crowder has had the injury bug). The Skins also had at least somewhat of a running game last season - they pretty much have none at this time except for those rare cases where Thompson rips off some big runs.

How well do you believe that the Rams would do if say they lost Gurley, Woods & others for long stretches & had constant injuries on O line (again - last I heard - Rams are the only NFL team that has started the same OL this season). Again - a lot more factors here than just coaching.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i need to do is search engine every skins game last season and i will find that his play calling was left wanting by the vast majority of fans on this site

as for video game numbers too bad KC gets no credit for that other then stat padding at the end of lost games according to the ABCer croud

mcvay is doing well and i think he will continue to do so

Great idea skinsdad! I took your suggestion & found this gem from several years ago:

McVay is the problem

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound: