• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McPhee Starts Camp on PUP List

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goddamnitsomuch

This shit is getting comical. It's not even August, and we've already been informed that we'll likely start the season without arguably our two best defensive players. Not to mention, two of our highest paid players, period. (Trevathan being the other)

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is:
Punter Pat O’Donnell showed up to camp in a grey McLaren coupe, a car known for its appearance, performance and rarity.
Bears punter Pat O’Donnell wins for most flashy Training Camp arrival

What? The PUNTER? I think I chose the wrong profession. Not a high priced QB or cocky WR or highest paid player on the team... the punter. Um OKAY?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is getting comical. It's not even August, and we've already been informed that we'll likely start the season without arguably our two best defensive players. Not to mention, two of our highest paid players, period. (Trevathan being the other)

Trevathan's was at least a gruesome injury. Everyone was aware that there was a good chance he wouldn't be ready come season opener, but McPhee's is straight-up blindsided. Two weeks ago, he was talking about dominating the league, and now it looks he'll be banged up all season, if he plays at all.

The Bears are frustrating af when it comes to this shit. "He's fine, he's fine...he's making great progress...should be a couple more weeks." 2 days later, he's on fucking IR for the season. I realize they have to keep the cards close to their chests, but ffs, it's a bit of a joke.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to move on Mcknee will never be a start 8 games a year guy. Shame because he can ball.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little more concerned about Kyle Long... no word yet on his recovery time from BOTH his injuries. Hope he's healthy soon too.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little more concerned about Kyle Long... no word yet on his recovery time from BOTH his injuries. Hope he's healthy soon too.

Yup. The silence is deafening.

I wouldn't bank on him being ready.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is:
Punter Pat O’Donnell showed up to camp in a grey McLaren coupe, a car known for its appearance, performance and rarity.
Bears punter Pat O’Donnell wins for most flashy Training Camp arrival

What? The PUNTER? I think I chose the wrong profession. Not a high priced QB or cocky WR or highest paid player on the team... the punter. Um OKAY?

Did you think punters made minimum wage or something? lol

Veteran punters are millionaires... Not exactly surprising that one would drive a nice car.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevathan's was at least a gruesome injury. Everyone was aware that there was a good chance he wouldn't be ready come season opener, but McPhee's is straight-up blindsided. Two weeks ago, he was talking about dominating the league, and now it looks he'll be banged up all season, if he plays at all.

The Bears are frustrating af when it comes to this shit. "He's fine, he's fine...he's making great progress...should be a couple more weeks." 2 days later, he's on fucking IR for the season. I realize they have to keep the cards close to their chests, but ffs, it's a bit of a joke.

Well, at this point, McPhee could come off of the PUP list at any time during camp. Sounds like there's still optimism that he'll be ready for the season. It's not the same knee he injured last year.

Of course, we haven't made it "public" that he's on the PUP list. This team and their little secrets... :rolleyes2:

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I've read this before.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read today that Trevathan is way ahead of schedule, and is participating in Training Camp.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today that Trevathan is way ahead of schedule, and is participating in Training Camp.

Yeah, he was wearing pads and coming off of the practice field in a picture I saw. Wow... I'll take that. :noidea:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he was wearing pads and coming off of the practice field in a picture I saw. Wow... I'll take that. :noidea:

Heard Long was active too!

I would love to see what this team can do when everyone is healthy. I think we have some good players on D.

Kevin White. If he can be even a semblance of the player he was in college, the Bears' offense would look a lot better on paper. I am excited to see if he can turn the corner. The kid seems like a genuinely good guy, and I like to see those types succeed.

Goddamned Bears football...no matter how shitty they were the season before, I still get excited every year.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McPhee underwent a KNEE SCOPE today. Fox called the procedure a "clean up" and didn't provide a timeline for his return.
Eh.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Long was active too!

I would love to see what this team can do when everyone is healthy. I think we have some good players on D.

Kevin White. If he can be even a semblance of the player he was in college, the Bears' offense would look a lot better on paper. I am excited to see if he can turn the corner. The kid seems like a genuinely good guy, and I like to see those types succeed.

Goddamned Bears football...no matter how shitty they were the season before, I still get excited every year.

Just read a PFF article talking about how when we're healthy, our pass rush is among the best in the league. Especially if Floyd continues to progress.

I know our DB's aren't top notch, but that front seven really is loaded with some talent and I'm not sure how you could call that a homer statement. Hell, up until the final few games, they held their own with basically the second team defense out there last year.

I understand the recency bias coming off of a horrid 3-13 season. However, how the media picks us to be in contention for a #1 pick again... I don't really get. How can you not see that we played 4 QB's, 20 WR's and about 100 different players on D last year? That was literally our practice squad out there in the second half.

If we stay healthy, the D will be solid. If the running game is again efficient on top of that, we will not be a pushover. I'm not saying we'll be good. Simply, we will not be a game you can check off as a W on your schedule.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McPhee underwent a KNEE SCOPE today. Fox called the procedure a "clean up" and didn't provide a timeline for his return.
Eh.

That's good. Knee scopes only take 2-3 weeks to get back from. Probably some cartilage wear and tear, or a meniscus issue.

This all sounds like it's really nothing to worry about, like we originally thought.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you post the article? the only two I found were these, neither of which obviously were the article you mentioned:

Ranking all 32 defensive front-sevens this season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus
Ranking all 32 NFL defensive front-sevens | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

I suppose "graphic" would have been more accurate... but here you go. Not exactly expecting a Bills fan to go around being the board fact checker. We all know you're so concerned with our conversations, which in no way pertain to you, your team, your division, your conference or even anyone on your schedule! We're all so happy to have you here!

Last edited: