• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also,

I see absolutely no reason to lock FAs during the week in an active league like this. Zero upside to that. Whoever is fastest to the hot pickup should get the player.

Speaking of things I see absolutely no reason for, especially in a "league this active" is having Xander Bogaerts stuck in my lineup all week because he was placed on the DL an hour after lineups "locked" on Monday.

Entirely dumb with such an active league not to be able to replace a player in your lineup that gets hurt.

I was the one who proposed going away from free-for-all pickups because I keep getting told the intent being weekly lineups is to keep it fair to the owners that don't have time to manage their teams on a daily basis, but I guess those same owners shouldn't be kept in fair regards pertaining to picking up free agents? The two rules contradict one another. Either keep it fair across the board to the owners that don't have as much time as others or open it up so you reward the players that are on top of their game following the hot pickups and take 5 minutes to set their lineup from the super-computer they carry in their pocket 24/7.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of things I see absolutely no reason for, especially in a "league this active" is having Xander Bogaerts stuck in my lineup all week because he was placed on the DL an hour after lineups "locked" on Monday.

Entirely dumb with such an active league not to be able to replace a player in your lineup that gets hurt.

I was the one who proposed going away from free-for-all pickups because I keep getting told the intent being weekly lineups is to keep it fair to the owners that don't have time to manage their teams on a daily basis, but I guess those same owners shouldn't be kept in fair regards pertaining to picking up free agents? The two rules contradict one another. Either keep it fair across the board to the owners that don't have as much time as others or open it up so you reward the players that are on top of their game following the hot pickups and take 5 minutes to set their lineup from the super-computer they carry in their pocket 24/7.
so is this a vote for or against the change?
Ok u realize this means u cant pick up anybody on mondays after 3 am and before the games start If im understanding this correctly:suds:

I said this before week 1 started and obx
That is correct. I can change it to later in the day on Mondays if that is what the majority want. The issue I have is some Mondays the games start as early as 11 am. So whatever time we decide on has to be before that.
but no one else weighed in so nothing was done
personally i like the change course i have plenty of time to adjust my roster ( i prefer daily leagues much more of a challenge but am ok with this set up)
PS @obxyankeefan u do a great job and none of this is intended as a knock on u (even though u r a yankee fan)
phew im wore out:suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a weekly league.

Once the lineup is set, it's set. It's gonna happen to everyone during the season.

Don't see myself ever having the energy for a daily again.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a weekly league.

Once the lineup is set, it's set. It's gonna happen to everyone during the season.

Don't see myself ever having the energy for a daily again.

I get it. I was just trying to give tlance a little shit for him whining. I guess nobody gives a shit about folks like you that don't have the time available to stay on top of the league all the time so you can never have a chance at the big waiver pick ups. The two settings contradict one another and I was just recommending we reconcile them. My proffered choice would be going to a FAAB budget to pick up players. I thought my suggestion of waivers processing on Saturday and then free-for-all on Sunday was a good compromise but I guess not.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. I was just trying to give tlance a little shit for him whining. I guess nobody gives a shit about folks like you that don't have the time available to stay on top of the league all the time so you can never have a chance at the big waiver pick ups. The two settings contradict one another and I was just recommending we reconcile them. My proffered choice would be going to a FAAB budget to pick up players. I thought my suggestion of waivers processing on Saturday and then free-for-all on Sunday was a good compromise but I guess not.

actually I liked your idea, it was just the fact that very few voted for it. I say bring it up again next year.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought my suggestion of waivers processing on Saturday and then free-for-all on Sunday was a good compromise but I guess not.

Hey, I actually like that a lot. Did I vote against it? If so, I was mistaken.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I actually like that a lot. Did I vote against it? If so, I was mistaken.

Waivers every night, free for all on Sunday/Monday pregame, is probably the best. I honestly can't remember voting either.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to go back and see who voted. I do know only 4 people voted, because the other 3 votes were being discussed and this one kinda got pushed aside.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Archer in a slump. I'd like to move him for a SP upgrade using a non Trout bat. Any interest come a knockin

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty tight league so far.

Last year, it felt we had one dominant team most of the year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of H2H categories where your record is all the categories you win or lose... never understood it...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of H2H categories where your record is all the categories you win or lose... never understood it...
It's like run differential determining standings, only now that I type that out, not really, sorta. But not really.

I like it. All losses are equal, but some are more equal than others.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like run differential determining standings, only now that I type that out, not really, sorta. But not really.

the way I see it, if the Yankees lose 5-3 to the tigers(never gonna happen But making you happy), the Tigers get a WIN in the standings, they don't get 5 wins and 3 losses...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way I see it, if the Yankees lose 5-3 to the tigers(never gonna happen But making you happy), the Tigers get a WIN in the standings, they don't get 5 wins and 3 losses...
Im not actually rooting for Tigers wins this year.

Counter productive.

But I get what you mean. However, I like the run differential aspect personally.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be talking about Batman or muffins soon enough.

I can talk about either all day long... remember last year or maybe 2 years ago when you offered me muffins if I was willing to drive all the way to Michigan to see ya...