• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking through some of the rule's listed on Fantrax's page. They claim you can adjust the length of any period:
upload_2018-2-11_9-58-10.png

So that feature is a possibility.....(maybe....some features are only available to paid leagues, so it still may not be an option). If it's not possible, I'm fine with just moving the final to the second to last week of the season.

Looking through those settings I thought of the other thing we were discussing last year. Waivers...

Since the intent of weekly lineups is to make it more fair to the people that don't have as much time to invest in the league on a daily basis, it seems free-for all free agent pickups favor the people that are tuned into baseball events more frequently as they run to the waiver wire and pickup the guy just getting called up or the backup closer the moment the closer gets hurt.

I'd like to see if we could change to a waiver system. I've never played with FAAB, but would love to. That may be more than casual fans want to learn, so I'm sure most everyone is already familiar with a straight waiver wire priority system.

Either way, I would propose waiver claims process Saturday night, and then Sunday is an open free-for all so people can make any moves on Sunday prior to lineup locks on Monday. Then all players at the start of Monday go back on waivers until the following Saturday nights processing.

What does everyone think about waivers? And probably more importantly would be for the commissioner, @obxyankeefan to investigate what waiver options are available for our league.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try to get to some of this tonight. We have had snow for 8 days in a row and I have spent quite a bit of my time digging us out. Almost 30 inches in a week, when we average 40 inches for the year

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 week final....Driaz, Bks, Obx,mol, Tko, Fuzzy, Jwolt
9th pitcher.....Driaz, Bks, Obx ,mol, Tko, Fuzzy, Jwolt
Change during week.....Driaz, Bks,mol, Obx is a no. Mol is no.

I have looked into these and this is what I have found out.

Changing the finals week....We have 7 yeses and need 1 more. Then we need to decide if two weeks or next to last week. fantrax will allow for both.
9th pitcher......... We have 7 yeses and need 1 more. The we need to decide if added pitcher will be Starter or flex. I don't think it matters much because we all use 6 starters most weeks anyways.
Chang during week..... I haven't found anything in Fantrax's rules for this. If @molsaniceman can show me where he saw the semi-weekly thing it would be appreciated.
Change during week.....Driaz, Bks, Obx is a no. I don't care for it and it may not be in Fantrax's rules

They have something called semi-weekly where u can set line up mon and fri but then u could switch out any players u want including those added between mon-thur
Sounded like a great idea but not doable:suds:

Looking at the rules and listening to what @Driaz said two other things to look into are making the all star break into two weeks. But with the Finals being changed it made our schedule balanced and this would unbalance the schedule again.

The second thing is making Monday through Saturday WW and Sunday be a free for all. I do like this one.

We also need @Nosferatu and @tlance to make an appearance and say weather they are in or out for this year.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Changing the finals week....We have 7 yeses and need 1 more. Then we need to decide if two weeks or next to last week. fantrax will allow for both.
9th pitcher......... We have 7 yeses and need 1 more. The we need to decide if added pitcher will be Starter or flex. I don't think it matters much because we all use 6 starters most weeks anyways.
Chang during week..... I haven't found anything in Fantrax's rules for this. If @molsaniceman can show me where he saw the semi-weekly thing it would be appreciated.

Looking at the rules and listening to what @Driaz said two other things to look into are making the all star break into two weeks. But with the Finals being changed it made our schedule balanced and this would unbalance the schedule again.

The second thing is making Monday through Saturday WW and Sunday be a free for all. I do like this one.

We also need @Nosferatu and @tlance to make an appearance and say weather they are in or out for this year.

If you need someone to fill in. :#1:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
changing the final....has been put in as 1 week with it ending on the 23rd of Sept. If 6 people say they want to make it a two week final we will change it to that.

Extra pitcher......Has been added as a 5th starter for now with a 4 man bench. If 6 people want to make this pitcher a flex or add the bench player back we will change it to that.

Changes during the week ...... I do not see anything in Fantrax to allow this, and it looks like it might be voted down as we have 3 noes and 2 maybes. 5 noes would vote it down.

WW being changed to through Saturday.....Right now Driaz and me are yeses, but nobody else has said anything

Changing the All star break to two weeks....I would be a no for this because it would unbalance the schedule.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

go to transactions/periods

Lineups/Transactions are executed:semi-weekly<<<<< is a drop down menu

Second period in week starts on Friday
help.png

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
changing the final....has been put in as 1 week with it ending on the 23rd of Sept. If 6 people say they want to make it a two week final we will change it to that.

Extra pitcher......Has been added as a 5th starter for now with a 4 man bench. If 6 people want to make this pitcher a flex or add the bench player back we will change it to that.

Changes during the week ...... I do not see anything in Fantrax to allow this, and it looks like it might be voted down as we have 3 noes and 2 maybes. 5 noes would vote it down.

WW being changed to through Saturday.....Right now Driaz and me are yeses, but nobody else has said anything

Changing the All star break to two weeks....I would be a no for this because it would unbalance the schedule.
im against the WW on saturday:suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I prefer one week final ending in next to last week.

I think SP makes the most sense, but am not strong for either position.

Wasn't big on changes anyway, doesn't bother me that we can't.

I am for a free for all on Sunday. Mon-Sat waivers.

If it messes shit up, keep it as is. Short week sucks, but whatevs.

....and great work, as usual.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 2 week final as long as you can change your lineup for the second week... Or even better make the final a daily lineup change... If you want to win you need to earn the champion...

I am all in for adding starting players, so if you want to add another SP, I am in... but I think it should be a 4-2-3 format(SP,RP,P)

don't like in week changes during the regular season... If we are a weekly league then we should be a weekly week(yes, I know my first sentence in this post contradicts this view- but screw you all!!!)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do yall want to do the draft. I was going to set it up for a slow draft starting next Wednesday the 14th. That gives us 2 weeks to finish it.

I'm ok with that. Also ok if you want to start it earlier to ensure we finish before the season

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Milk's two leagues drafting now, I want to wait and hope they end quickly.
id start this one
In empire still need all the keepers before we can start and not sure there is an even number of owners yet:suds: