• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is a freaking crazy snapshot of mine and TKO's matchup!!!

View attachment 166518

5-5 mid-week and everything is bass-akwards!!

Other than wins (currently lead 2-1 and for the season I do lead that over TKO) every category is flipped. Every season long category edge for either of us is currently in favor of the opposite team. My bats crushed everyone while TKO's pitching is his strength. His bats are murdering me, and thanks to Vizcaino I have a shot on the pitching side!!

My team is gonna need some luck though, since TKO holds the season tie breaker and my bats have more ground to make up in order to compete than his arms.

Flip flopped between Vizcaino and Hand... too many flip flops end in burnt pancakes.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Lance Lynn, you suck balls! And Dexter Fowler helped! :pound::pound::pound:

Holy Schnikes, @bksballer89 - we've got a barn burner! I'm hopin' that one of your 3 starters has a Lynn-like effort today...

...other than that, good luck! :D:D:D

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such great matchups we have. Too close to call at the moment lol

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats TKO!!

It was one of those afternoons where I'm glad real life prevailed over fantasy since the only shot I had at advancing would of required Patrick Corbin to get shelled.

Best of luck in the finals!

don't have that problem as a Reds fan! lol

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh! Didn't look closely enough into Matt Olson. Empty lineup spot for the title. The hottest lineup spot lately.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch! Mad Bum shut down for season. Knocks me down to five starts. Playing with fire on inning limit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch! Mad Bum shut down for season. Knocks me down to five starts. Playing with fire on inning limit.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. I learned the hard way earlier this season with the innings limit. Since then I try to have 7 scheduled starts for the week instead of 6. So dicey with just 6 starts. One injury to a starter or etc and you're trouble.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now you're down to 4 starts since the Dodgers are skipping Darvish's last start. Unless your relievers can get at least 7, more likely 8 innings (Since Scherzer likely only goes 5 max) BKS is our champion due to holding the season tie breaker so even if you swept the batting categories he wins.

Very anti-climactic final and sucks for you, but it does lead into something I really wanted to talk about for rule changes for next season.

I would like the finals to be two weeks. A one week final can usually be dominated by whoever is lucky enough to have their aces on rotation for 2 starts that particular week, where a two week final almost every pitcher on both teams will get 3 starts. The alternative to that is what happened to you and even if you have two start pitchers, often times the second start can get cancelled (either to save for playoffs, or out of contention teams may often prefer to give a rookie the start) I'm not sure if that can be done in settings to have the final be two weeks. If so that would be my ideal solution so we don't have a situation like this one in the future.

The other issue is we had way too many times during the year where pitching limit wasn't reached. I would like to see us add a ninth pitcher to our rosters, but another solution (since I doubt this league will ever go to daily rosters) would be a maximum of one lineup move per week. That way you could start the questionable guy that might be hurt and if they DL the guy Tuesday morning you can substitute a new guy in or if a pitcher gets scratched and you look like you aren't going to make the innings, you could sub in a new pitcher for a pitcher spot that would otherwise be empty. A max of one lineup change keeps the intent of weekly lineups being more competitive for the guys that don't have time to set their lineup everyday, but still allow someone to not have a goose egg or lose all the pitching categories due to innings limit.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what driaz said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

combine the last 2 weeks or do away with this week all together it is such a crap shoot on who plays:suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're down to 4 starts since the Dodgers are skipping Darvish's last start. Unless your relievers can get at least 7, more likely 8 innings (Since Scherzer likely only goes 5 max) BKS is our champion due to holding the season tie breaker so even if you swept the batting categories he wins.

Very anti-climactic final and sucks for you, but it does lead into something I really wanted to talk about for rule changes for next season.

I would like the finals to be two weeks. A one week final can usually be dominated by whoever is lucky enough to have their aces on rotation for 2 starts that particular week, where a two week final almost every pitcher on both teams will get 3 starts. The alternative to that is what happened to you and even if you have two start pitchers, often times the second start can get cancelled (either to save for playoffs, or out of contention teams may often prefer to give a rookie the start) I'm not sure if that can be done in settings to have the final be two weeks. If so that would be my ideal solution so we don't have a situation like this one in the future.

The other issue is we had way too many times during the year where pitching limit wasn't reached. I would like to see us add a ninth pitcher to our rosters, but another solution (since I doubt this league will ever go to daily rosters) would be a maximum of one lineup move per week. That way you could start the questionable guy that might be hurt and if they DL the guy Tuesday morning you can substitute a new guy in or if a pitcher gets scratched and you look like you aren't going to make the innings, you could sub in a new pitcher for a pitcher spot that would otherwise be empty. A max of one lineup change keeps the intent of weekly lineups being more competitive for the guys that don't have time to set their lineup everyday, but still allow someone to not have a goose egg or lose all the pitching categories due to innings limit.

Kind of why category head to head is not my favorite option.

I like the two week finals idea... but like the idea of shortening the season more. We are currently in week 17 of football when you compare. Starting the playoffs earlier, and finishing in mid September allows more of the 'who got you there' to have effect. Teams shouldn't be "punished" because an ace is being skipped to rest up for their playoffs. Or Stantons getting less at bats during the week because teams want to see their rookies. Granted, you have to be aware of who is in a playoff race and who isn't even in early September, but it's not as palpable as late September, where both playoff teams and bottom dwellers are erratic with their lineups.

I hate daily leagues because they are too easily manipulated towards owner availability. One move per week doesn't scare me though.Seems to be a happy medium.

I also wouldn't mind having five SP slots, two RP slots and no P slots. (but I get how that doesn't work the best for a cat H2H)

In the end, I'm not using it as an excuse for me this year. Maybe Baltimore uses their off day to skip someone and throw Gausman on Sunday.... not likely.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gausman expected to start Sunday. Whew.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benched Knebel due to his numbers against Cincy and StL... could back fire. Dumb time for hero lineup moves.