• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maxwell

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, there's some consternation now.

Either PFF isn't all that, or else Cable isn't as incompetent as some have been saying.

where is this article? i have not found it.

#fake news

or show the link please.

also like the old saying goes. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. It only took 4+ years.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh totally get it... all those guys were super cheap and performing about the same level (which isn't a bad thing) as they are now while getting paid a shit ton more. I'm just stating the reason why we're no longer considered elite.

We hit on a ridiculous amount of defenders and Russell who were super cheap. What we've failed to hit on is O-Lineman in the draft (who are essentially cheap for a few years)... and I put that on Cable and our O-Line scouting department.
and I agree our results have been overall "poor" lately.
I don't blame Cable. I'm not saying that I think he is above average as an OL coach. I have to trust the HC on that decision.
I do blame scouting or whoever is responsible for our OL draft picks. Yet, is still entirely possible that we have a young, emerging Ol to be proud of. If that becomes true, then my hat is off to Cable for hanging tough and getting it done.
I'm sure it has been a difficult task.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#fake news

or show the link please.

also like the old saying goes. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. It only took 4+ years.
I wouldn't fret about the article, because none of us would believe it anyway. The line week by week looks to be getting better although at a slow, steady pace. We can only hope for continued improvement.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#fake news

or show the link please.

I didn't make the assertion, I've never read PFF in my life.

Where Seattle's O line ranks is irrelevant, what seems to be true is that they're playing better. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Cable though, who is obviously a chaos agent plant.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make the assertion, I've never read PFF in my life.

Where Seattle's O line ranks is irrelevant, what seems to be true is that they're playing better. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Cable though, who is obviously a chaos agent plant.

i bet it has more to do with the players than Cable. when you get comfortable with the guy beside you and with communication things tend to get better slowly and slowly is the key word for the improvement lol. I mean they have Two 1st round ( or did have ) picks ( Ifedi, Joeckel ) on the line. Two 2nd Round picks in Justin Britt and Pocic, 3rd round pick Odhiambo. 2 #1, 2 #2 and a #3, that should be a middle of the pack or better line. Key word "should".

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say no team has spent more resources on the oline since 2012 than the Seahawks. I think it's a fair bet everyone expected much better oline play than what we have seen the past 4+ seasons. We have seen very small growths of the lines during the season, then that growth just vanishes and starts all over next season.
"The plight of the Seahawks"

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say no team has spent more resources on the oline since 2012 than the Seahawks. I think it's a fair bet everyone expected much better oline play than what we have seen the past 4+ seasons. We have seen very small growths of the lines during the season, then that growth just vanishes and starts all over next season.
"The plight of the Seahawks"

(bolding the portion I am responding to so as to avoid being accused of misquoting)

Sounds about right, yet "they" will also frequently claim the line "hasn't been addressed",
and there's always belly aching when the team makes any personnel move at any other position....as if our needing better OL play means there are better players available for us to sign, or that other teams are just lined up at the door willing to swap their good blockers for our overpriced excess. Fans needs to realize this is a competitive situation, not the Globetrotters vs the Generals.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone wants to build a case against Cable, I think the best evidence may be Alex Collins. He looks fantastic in Baltimore after not making the team here. Why couldn't we get that out of him here? It's not like the Ravens have some amazing OL, right? Not only is Collins playing at a level we never saw here, but he's also playing better than anyone we have running the ball -- guys who are supposedly better. Why can't we get those "better" players to perform as well as what Collins is doing in B-more? Could be an indictment on Bevell as well. I don't do the draft pick or playcalling second guessing, so to me this is the strongest argument against the usual suspect punching bags on the coaching staff. Why is some other team getting a lot more out of our castoff player than we could? I don't know the answers, but I couldn't help think about it last night while watching Alex Collins run all over the Dolphins and maintain his league leading ypc.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone wants to build a case against Cable, I think the best evidence may be Alex Collins. He looks fantastic in Baltimore after not making the team here. Why couldn't we get that out of him here? It's not like the Ravens have some amazing OL, right? Not only is Collins playing at a level we never saw here, but he's also playing better than anyone we have running the ball -- guys who are supposedly better. Why can't we get those "better" players to perform as well as what Collins is doing in B-more? Could be an indictment on Bevell as well. I don't do the draft pick or playcalling second guessing, so to me this is the strongest argument against the usual suspect punching bags on the coaching staff. Why is some other team getting a lot more out of our castoff player than we could? I don't know the answers, but I couldn't help think about it last night while watching Alex Collins run all over the Dolphins and maintain his league leading ypc.
I see your point, but with that in mind isn't Coleman an indictment against Patricia or Belechek?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point, but with that in mind isn't Coleman an indictment against Patricia or Belechek?
Yep, absolutely. Shoot, just NE's terrible D this year could be an indictment on Patricia. They were better in this last game, but they've given up 300+ yards passing to every QB they've faced except Matt Ryan (and the ATL offense has sucked for a few weeks now).

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes guys just need a change of scenery. Sometimes it works FOR us, (see Clemons), sometimes it works against us, (see Collins)

Now to be sure, it COULD also factor in the coaching too. But it may just be Collins busting his ass more somewhere else knowing he was one apathetic play away from being unemployed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes guys just need a change of scenery. Sometimes it works FOR us, (see Clemons), sometimes it works against us, (see Collins)
Yep, true enough. It's just hard to tell for sure whether it was a scenery thing or something else...and it generally seems like Seattle is a popular destination for players. They want to play here above most other places. That makes it hard to believe a different uniform is all Alex Collins needed to shine.

Is Collins trying harder there? I dunno. He's getting more opportunity and making the most of it, that's for sure. It would be interesting to hear him speculate on what flipped the switch.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, true enough. It's just hard to tell for sure whether it was a scenery thing or something else...and it generally seems like Seattle is a popular destination for players. They want to play here above most other places. That makes it hard to believe a different uniform is all Alex Collins needed to shine.

Is Collins trying harder there? I dunno. He's getting more opportunity and making the most of it, that's for sure. It would be interesting to hear him speculate on what flipped the switch.

Collins had fumble issues, which is why he was the low man on the totem pole... He's already come close to being benched in Bmore for his fumble issues as well...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget Coleman had been on the Hawks PS before so he had a heads up knowing the defense. I am more than sure that helped him out a lot.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Coleman had been on the Hawks PS before so he had a heads up knowing the defense. I am more than sure that helped him out a lot.
That sure could be a factor. :thumb:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes getting cut can flip the switch.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for around 72 hours.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for around 72 hours.

Yes but it was during the Season so he was thrown out there on the PS. He got a heads up on how they like to play and the play book. It helps, think of it like studying for a test. He came back in and was comfortable enough to plug away quickly.