• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Max Kellerman on Saban contract

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do people in Alabama, or Oklahoma for that matter, root for in the NFL.

People in Alabama are often times fans of the Atlanta teams, followed by the Saints for the NFL. There might be more Titans fans there now, but I doubt enough to overtake either of those.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People in Alabama are often times fans of the Atlanta teams, followed by the Saints for the NFL. There might be more Titans fans there now, but I doubt enough to overtake either of those.
I'd rate this useful, but the icon is missing.

I think historically, that's why college sports grew though. The middle and western states really didn't have local pro teams to cheer on.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College sports aren't a big thing in the rest of the world.

The reason why they're so big in the US is because you have large swaths of the country with no pro sports. Who do people in Alabama, or Oklahoma for that matter, root for in the NFL. Until OKC had a franchise, how about basketball. This was even truer when these pro leagues first formed. They had a handful of teams, mostly in the east.
I grew up a Falcons & Braves fan. ATL is only about 15 mins further of a drive than Tuscaloosa is from where I live so it's really no different as far as going to games en sech are concerned.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without teachers, there wouldn't be coaches and players. Without teachers, there wouldn't be doctors, lawyers, judges, ect.

Teachers should be one of the highest paid fields in the country.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without teachers, there wouldn't be coaches and players. Without teachers, there wouldn't be doctors, lawyers, judges, ect.

Teachers should be one of the highest paid fields in the country.

Farmers should make the most. Because without farmers those people would starve to death.

/continuing the stupid.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farmers should make the most. Because without farmers those people would starve to death.

/continuing the stupid.

But without mothers those farmers wouldn't be here.

reece.JPG

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably as much as Oklahoma boosters were paying players back in the day, especially when you take into account inflation.
They didn't pay 'em. They bought liquor stores and told the players they could rob them as needed.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of the top schools in the country, and blue blooded programs, most school football programs lose money. So the idea that big time football pays for everything else isn't really true, except at a handful of places.
:dingdingding:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone caught this but Max Kellerman, who I can't stand, did a short bit on Sabans contract and just coaching contracts in general. For once, I actually agree with him. My gf is a 5th year teacher in the joke of a state of Oklahoma and she makes 28k a year. The last I checked, I think Bob Stoops makes 7mil a year, I think, and if that's the case, he makes 250x more than my gf who is teaching our 3rd and 4th grade kids. She's no different than any other teacher that is busting their ass teaching our little shits who don't listen in class.

I went to Oklahoma State and in that time frame I racked up 30k in student loan debt and the per semester charges went up dramatically from my first day to my last. I guess what I'm asking is, is he right? Do we in society put entertainment over priorities like education?
I've spent 40+ years in public education...28+ of it in school administration from asst principal, principal and superintendent. I still take an occastional assignment from the state commissioner to oversee schools in financial or governance trouble that is on his shit list. Let's just say I'm not welcomed with open arms by those districts.

Anyhoo, the issue is sheer numbers when it comes to teacher compensation. Teachers are the largest group of employees in a school by a long shot...which is as it should be. Give them a 4% increase and your total payroll zooms upward much, much faster than other employee groups with an 8% pay increase just because of the numbers of teachers. A teacher's salary (and all other employees) is only a portion of the total expense to a school district.

While the superintendent is the highest paid employee, the issue regarding a large superintendent's salary is much more of a public relations issue than a budgetary issue...since there is only one of 'em.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't pay 'em. They bought liquor stores and told the players they could rob them as needed.
I guess you are right, it was the Oklahoma staff that was paying players back in the 80's.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should pay the players. Don't give them a scholly. Just play the fuckers to play and let them pay their own way.

Put a cap on the coach's salary too. Meanwhile, in the real world, we realize this would not work so we keep the system we have. Sorry about your coach. LOL !

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone caught this but Max Kellerman, who I can't stand, did a short bit on Sabans contract and just coaching contracts in general. For once, I actually agree with him. My gf is a 5th year teacher in the joke of a state of Oklahoma and she makes 28k a year. The last I checked, I think Bob Stoops makes 7mil a year, I think, and if that's the case, he makes 250x more than my gf who is teaching our 3rd and 4th grade kids. She's no different than any other teacher that is busting their ass teaching our little shits who don't listen in class.

I went to Oklahoma State and in that time frame I racked up 30k in student loan debt and the per semester charges went up dramatically from my first day to my last. I guess what I'm asking is, is he right? Do we in society put entertainment over priorities like education?
Tell me she teaches in a Catholic/Private school. If not she is getting hosed.