• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maui

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how many of you saw that game, but coming back from 16 down in the second half to beat the #6 team in the country was pretty impressive. ND led the game for a total of 22.4 seconds. Twenty seconds when we led 4-2 and and 2.3 seconds when we took the lead 67-66 at the end of the game. Clearly an efficient use of the clock.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that game, but watched the LSU one. Notre Dame could be legit, but I won't hold my breath. Brey is notorious for winning 22-25 games, and then exiting the tournament in the first or second round. Excluding the one season where Notre Dame should have beaten Kentucky in the Elite 8

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that game, but watched the LSU one. Notre Dame could be legit, but I won't hold my breath. Brey is notorious for winning 22-25 games, and then exiting the tournament in the first or second round. Excluding the one season where Notre Dame should have beaten Kentucky in the Elite 8

Heading into last year’s tournament, ND was the only team that made it to the elite eight the prior two years (2015, 2016) of course, we screwed that streak by losing to WV in the second round in 2017. It will be interesting to see what Brey can do with this team. He seems to have a really good recruiting class in line for this year, so we may have some decent years in the near future. Especially if the NBA/NCAA gets rid of the one and done rule.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading into last year’s tournament, ND was the only team that made it to the elite eight the prior two years (2015, 2016) of course, we screwed that streak by losing to WV in the second round in 2017. It will be interesting to see what Brey can do with this team. He seems to have a really good recruiting class in line for this year, so we may have some decent years in the near future. Especially if the NBA/NCAA gets rid of the one and done rule.

I'm not sure if getting rid of the one and done really plays into Notre Dame's since ND doesn't recruit those high level 5 stars. I like Brey's system, I just wish he could make the elite 8 consistently, or hit a Final Four every once in awhile.

He's got a good squad this year, just wish Steve Vasturia had one more year.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of losing to Kentucky. Notre Dame could have legitimately won the National Title. Wisconsin was the Final Four game and then Duke in the National title game, a team that Notre Dame beat twice that year.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't @jjc2009 a Syracuse fan? If I'm remembering correctly.

I'm banning him from this thread.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't @jjc2009 a Syracuse fan? If I'm remembering correctly.

I'm banning him from this thread.

Grew up near Syracuse and yes followed their BBall much more than ND. My dad’s a football fan but I never got the sense he cared much for ND basketball. Were they not in the same conference I’d silently root for them and I still kinda do.

If it were ND football vs Syracuse I’d root for ND all the way.

Like I did for Tim Brown over Don McPherson for the Heisman.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up near Syracuse and yes followed their BBall much more than ND. My dad’s a football fan but I never got the sense he cared much for ND basketball. Were they not in the same conference I’d silently root for them and I still kinda do.

If it were ND football vs Syracuse I’d root for ND all the way.

Like I did for Tim Brown over Don McPherson for the Heisman.

Yeah I like Notre Dame basketball, but I follow IU more.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if getting rid of the one and done really plays into Notre Dame's since ND doesn't recruit those high level 5 stars. I like Brey's system, I just wish he could make the elite 8 consistently, or hit a Final Four every once in awhile.

He's got a good squad this year, just wish Steve Vasturia had one more year.

The fact that ND doesn’t utilize the one and done candidates is why this would help ND. Teams like Kentucky, Louisville, Syracuse and Duke use these guys for a year to win a championship and then recruit more of them the next year. If the top level recruits could go straight to the nba they wouldn’t waste a year at Kentucky and the others schools that recruit them. Then Brey’s system would be competing on a more level playing field. That Kentucky team that beat us in 2015 had three one and done freshman that went in the first round of the nba draft. I doubt they beat us without Karl Anthony Townes, Lyles and Booker.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that ND doesn’t utilize the one and done candidates is why this would help ND. Teams like Kentucky, Louisville, Syracuse and Duke use these guys for a year to win a championship and then recruit more of them the next year. If the top level recruits could go straight to the nba they wouldn’t waste a year at Kentucky and the others schools that recruit them. Then Brey’s system would be competing on a more level playing field. That Kentucky team that beat us in 2015 had three one and done freshman that went in the first round of the nba draft. I doubt they beat us without Karl Anthony Townes, Lyles and Booker.

Is that how it would work? Is there going to be an option to choose college for multiple years, or to choose to go straight into the NBA? If that is the rule, then fine, but I thought the rule would be recruits attend college for 2 years, then leave. That's the part I don't see helping ND.

ND using guys who play 3-4 years actually helps them against teams like Kentucky, who are loaded with multiple freshman. I believe the experience plays a part in March and can help even out the differences in talent.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that how it would work? Is there going to be an option to choose college for multiple years, or to choose to go straight into the NBA? If that is the rule, then fine, but I thought the rule would be recruits attend college for 2 years, then leave. That's the part I don't see helping ND.

ND using guys who play 3-4 years actually helps them against teams like Kentucky, who are loaded with multiple freshman. I believe the experience plays a part in March and can help even out the differences in talent.

The discussed rule I heard was players could immediately enter the NBA, but if they went to college they had to wait 2 years.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussed rule I heard was players could immediately enter the NBA, but if they went to college they had to wait 2 years.

How close is this to even becoming reality? I hope it does.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oak, so evidently we aren’t a basketball school either.