• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matthew Slater Might Be Gone To

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has slowed and he has a slew of games missed past couple of years.

And he is a one trick pony.

But I will be sorry if he goes.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy guy and a leader but his only true contribution is on special teams and he's been injured so perhaps it's time to move on and let somebody else step up. Maybe it's Branden Bolden's time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy guy and a leader but his only true contribution is on special teams and he's been injured so perhaps it's time to move on and let somebody else step up. Maybe it's Branden Bolden's time.

Wonder if that's the only way Bolden remains on the team

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find a way to keep Slater. Let Bolden go.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find a way to keep Slater. Let Bolden go.

Bolden is a gamer/team guy and it's good to have backup RBs. You try to keep them both. I think special teams is really underrated, in general. Plus, having good guys like Slater in the locker room is a huge factor in winning.

It's why guys like Troy Brown have rings and most T.O.'s of the world don't, imo.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say the same thing I said about Bolden last year...he's a reliable veteran who knows the system who's basically getting paid like a camp body...they'll probably have at least one young RB to break in this summer, he'll be good to have around to help with that. His presence is no hindrance to any efforts to upgrade the roster.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolden must have compormising pics of Bill?

Bolden has had 14 rushes over the past two seasons. So please let's not pretend he gives NE depth. Especially last season when NE had a stable of RBs. You could easily go find and unsigned vet or FA to replace his production as a RB.

If he could field punts or KOs I may think differently. But minus being a good ST coverage guy he's a waste of space.

Now with Patterson and NE and the Giants looking at that ST guy from the Jets who was injured last year I just can't understand why BB hokds onto Bolden? It's got to be the pictures.

NE needs guys who can contriibute elsewhere beside ST. Bolden, Slater and Ebner hurt this team when injuries start to add up IMO.
So if I had to cut one of them it would be Bolden.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolden must have compormising pics of Bill?

Bolden has had 14 rushes over the past two seasons. So please let's not pretend he gives NE depth. Especially last season when NE had a stable of RBs. You could easily go find and unsigned vet or FA to replace his production as a RB.

If he could field punts or KOs I may think differently. But minus being a good ST coverage guy he's a waste of space.

Now with Patterson and NE and the Giants looking at that ST guy from the Jets who was injured last year I just can't understand why BB hokds onto Bolden? It's got to be the pictures.

NE needs guys who can contriibute elsewhere beside ST. Bolden, Slater and Ebner hurt this team when injuries start to add up IMO.
So if I had to cut one of them it would be Bolden.

Every team has that one guy that just doesn't make sense but the coaches absolutely love them. Must be a great locker room type guy and hard worker that coaches think will help push others to rise to their level of work ethic.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has that one guy that just doesn't make sense but the coaches absolutely love them. Must be a great locker room type guy and hard worker that coaches think will help push others to rise to their level of work ethic.
If Bolden was the only one I would agree but with Slater and Ebner virtually the same style players/team mates I hate not having depth at places like LB that hurt this team.

Granted BB like a lot of coaches puts a lot of emphasis on STs but I think it's hurting the team. When at least one or two of these guys should be contributing elsewhere.

Haha here I am second guessing quite possibly the GOAT coach.