• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Moore Traded to Rangers

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants intend on contending, than they need EVERYTHING except a C, 2B, and SS. So Olney saying the Giants “need” a SP is only accurate in that regard, but would be equally accurate for almost ever single FA.

Fangraphs current depth chart projections have the Giants at 81-81 next year, a few games back of Arizona for the 2nd WC. Giants infield looks pretty good with Belt and Longoria projecting to be above average players, though the Giants OF looks very suspect. The rotation (or at least the top 3) should be pretty good.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangraphs current depth chart projections have the Giants at 81-81 next year, a few games back of Arizona for the 2nd WC. Giants infield looks pretty good with Belt and Longoria projecting to be above average players, though the Giants OF looks very suspect. The rotation (or at least the top 3) should be pretty good.
We should get at least one external addition to the OF. I think Bruce is the team’s plan B. But even if we don’t, we have 3 kids who should be able to provide some assistance (Slater, Duggar and Shaw). Right now, assuming no additions, Duggar is the projected opening day starter in center.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should get at least one external addition to the OF. I think Bruce is the team’s plan B. But even if we don’t, we have 3 kids who should be able to provide some assistance (Slater, Duggar and Shaw). Right now, assuming no additions, Duggar is the projected opening day starter in center.
I would be surprised if the team doesn't land two outfielders this offseason. I hope they just pick up a short term center fielder because I'm not sure who they could get to play the corner who would be good and fit within the threshold.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if the team doesn't land two outfielders this offseason. I hope they just pick up a short term center fielder because I'm not sure who they could get to play the corner who would be good and fit within the threshold.
Certainly possible, but I am not sure 2 OFers better than the internal options can be had with the funds available.

Hence my desire for the tear down...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly possible, but I am not sure 2 OFers better than the internal options can be had with the funds available.

Hence my desire for the tear down...
As you know, I'm all for the tear down but the Giants are obviously not going that direction. Thus, it would seem that two outfielders will be picked up.