• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt’s Baseball Articles/Writing

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to put them all in one place. (Sometimes write them here). Sometimes they will be related to Giants, sometimes not.

First:

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to put them all in one place. (Sometimes write them here). Sometimes they will be related to Giants, sometimes not.

First:

I thought this move by Tampa was beyond dumb but to their defense, their offense isn't too bad. Their team OPS is in a three way tie for 14th and they rank 21st in strikeouts and are closer to 30th than they are to 10th place. They are in 19th in slugging but the spread puts them almost as close to 1st as it does to 30th.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this move by Tampa was beyond dumb but to their defense, their offense isn't too bad. Their team OPS is in a three way tie for 14th and they rank 21st in strikeouts and are closer to 30th than they are to 10th place. They are in 19th in slugging but the spread puts them almost as close to 1st as it does to 30th.

Yeah, Span has been good for them (He seems to always be clutch with RISP). They've also had some solid stretches from Daniel Robertson, Mallex Smith emerging, CJ Cron doing well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt, interview Myles Schroeder. Get his life story. There may even be a book there...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt, interview Myles Schroeder. Get his life story. There may even be a book there...
I realize that this article won't happen because of the nature of the website you are writing on, but I thought I'd bug on on this thread. Hope all is well.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that this article won't happen because of the nature of the website you are writing on, but I thought I'd bug on on this thread. Hope all is well.

This has had me thinking recently about making a podcast where I interview various minor league players

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has had me thinking recently about making a podcast where I interview various minor league players
That would be cool. I was trying to find something on Schroder, specifically an article or interview that explains why he was drafted in 2007 but didn't make his professional debut until 2011. I didn't find anything about that but did find that he wants to play until he is 40 and that he is married with at least one child. I also found a video done for the Flying Squirrels where they interviewed him and showcased all the gloves he carries with him. Seems like a nice guy but he would need some coaxing to get information out of him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt, not sure if you saw this and/or are interest right now, but I came across this and thought I'd share it here for you:

We are running a bit short-handed right now, so if you are interested in contributing to RonShandler.com, here is an opportunity for you. I am looking for one person to

• write one 800-word article every other week

• on a topic largely of your own choosing (including the monthly database update analysis)

• but it has to have some BABS-related angle

• so you must have a working knowledge of BABS

• and you MUST BE A GOOD WRITER who requires MINIMAL editing intervention.

To toss your hat in the ring, send an email to [email protected] with the following:

• 1 BRIEF paragraph that tells me who you are and why I should hire you

• 1 BRIEF paragraph that answers this question: "BABS currently sees Bryce Harper, Travis Shaw and Mitch Haniger performing as interchangeable commodities. What is your opinion?"

There is nominal compensation for this role. Application deadline is THIS FRIDAY, June 15. Your two BRIEF paragraphs should tell me all I need to make a decision over the weekend. Your first article will be due next Thursday. Good luck!