• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

masterful trade

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, we don't draft guys that play anyway.... So it's either the hurt guy on the bench or its the top 10 draft pick that isn't allowed to play on the bench. Pick your poison!

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we all love to shit on the FO, and the majority of the time it’s warranted.

This is not one of those times. This is an excellent trade. The Bengals got a very good LT. In his prime. They shored up their biggest need by far, and kept their 1st round pick.

Obviously there’s the injury concerns with Cordy Glenn. He missed a lot of time last season with ankle and foot injuries. He was banged up in 2016 as well. He’s also making pretty good money the next 3 years at a shade under 10 mil per.

This is well worth the gamble. There wasn’t a LT tackle prospect in this draft worth the #12 pick. The Bengals got a proven top 10 starter at a premium position, which is better than anyone they would’ve taken anyway. If it doesn’t work out, they only had to move down 9 spots in the 1st round.

I’ll give them rare kudos for trying something for a change. At the very worst, it keeps Cedric “el Matador” Ogbuehi off the field. Which is a plus for everyone.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Andy Dalton still the QB? Marv still the coach?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we all love to shit on the FO, and the majority of the time it’s warranted.

This is not one of those times. This is an excellent trade. The Bengals got a very good LT. In his prime. They shored up their biggest need by far, and kept their 1st round pick.

Obviously there’s the injury concerns with Cordy Glenn. He missed a lot of time last season with ankle and foot injuries. He was banged up in 2016 as well. He’s also making pretty good money the next 3 years at a shade under 10 mil per.

This is well worth the gamble. There wasn’t a LT tackle prospect in this draft worth the #12 pick. The Bengals got a proven top 10 starter at a premium position, which is better than anyone they would’ve taken anyway. If it doesn’t work out, they only had to move down 9 spots in the 1st round.

I’ll give them rare kudos for trying something for a change. At the very worst, it keeps Cedric “el Matador” Ogbuehi off the field. Which is a plus for everyone.

I'll give them credit for this move. The draft is a crap shoot. The notion that they were going to repair their line through the draft alone was far-fetched. This might not work - Glenn might be damaged goods. But, if he is healthy and plays at 90% of what he was 2 years ago, they have fixed a serious issue on the team. And if they follow it up by taking one of the top centers in the draft at 21, they'll really be cooking with gas.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give them credit for this move. The draft is a crap shoot. The notion that they were going to repair their line through the draft alone was far-fetched. This might not work - Glenn might be damaged goods. But, if he is healthy and plays at 90% of what he was 2 years ago, they have fixed a serious issue on the team. And if they follow it up by taking one of the top centers in the draft at 21, they'll really be cooking with gas.

Yep. I think Billy Price is going to be perfect at #21. He is a mauler and a smart kid. He may be a little too anxious to get to his block, so he will have to temper that a little, or the DL will just pull him through and be in the backfield quickly. I think that is teachable. Can't teach brawn or smarts though and he has them both.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should ease him into it then. don't flipping injure him in training camp or preseason.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I think Billy Price is going to be perfect at #21. He is a mauler and a smart kid. He may be a little too anxious to get to his block, so he will have to temper that a little, or the DL will just pull him through and be in the backfield quickly. I think that is teachable. Can't teach brawn or smarts though and he has them both.

About the only issue I have with taking a center is that we know he'll only be around for 4 or 5 years if he's good. Bengals are on record as not believing in paying interior lineman.... So, I guess we'll just have to resign ourselves to the idea that he'll be in Cleveland sometime in the next 5 years.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only issue I have with taking a center is that we know he'll only be around for 4 or 5 years if he's good. Bengals are on record as not believing in paying interior lineman.... So, I guess we'll just have to resign ourselves to the idea that he'll be in Cleveland sometime in the next 5 years.

You have a problem with having a good center for 4 to 5 years? Did you just hear yourself there? haha

Okay, so we don't pay interior lineman, but I think that mostly relates to guards. If we ever have a good center I think we would. Rich Braham was here forever, started off as a guard I think. However, by the time he was a really good center, he was old and breaking down to where he retired.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give me Price, or James Daniels who i actually like a little bit more. Either would be a titanic upgrade over Bodine at center.

If not those two, I’d love to get Will Hernandez the guard from UTEP. That dude is a mean motherfucker and another mauler who would instant have an impact in the run game as a plug in at right guard.

Obviously these are all rent a players. Seeing as the Bengals in their wisdom, don’t believe in paying interior OL. But if they can add one of these players, and get a healthy Cordy Glenn at LT, they will have substantially improved the offensive line.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Andy Dalton still the QB? Marv still the coach?

Well obviously this hasn’t changed. The team still isn’t winning jack shit. I just like the trade is all. The Bengals actually made a football move that makes sense for once.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Price, or James Daniels who i actually like a little bit more. Either would be a titanic upgrade over Bodine at center.

If not those two, I’d love to get Will Hernandez the guard from UTEP. That dude is a mean motherfucker and another mauler who would instant have an impact in the run game as a plug in at right guard.

Obviously these are all rent a players. Seeing as the Bengals in their wisdom, don’t believe in paying interior OL. But if they can add one of these players, and get a healthy Cordy Glenn at LT, they will have substantially improved the offensive line.

I really like Hernandez too. I actually think he would be a big upgrade as I see him as another Zeitler.

If for some reason he fell this far, and I doubt he would, I would like Vea. He would be great.

At this point with #21 - DT Vea if he drops, C Price or G Hernandez.

If you are really concerned about the backup QB and want someone to fall back on from Dalton, I really really like Mason Rudolph. I could see us maybe trading back and still being able to get him though. So one more trade potentially that pushes us to about mid 20's, say around 25-27 range and grab another late 2nd or early 3rd.

However, I think 21 is good and sets us up or the season in a good way.

Ideally, Hernandez is smart enough to play C and is able to quickly acclimate himself to the position. We need a huge mauler at C that can deal with AFC North DT's. Hernandez with his size, strength and mean streak would be an awesome nose for the line. Question is, is he smart enough to make that transition like Braham was?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesn't matter who the backup QB is this year, unless we sign someone who is prepared.

and we won't. so we'll just go with some rookie who will learn the ropes, and hopefully driskell doesn't stay injured.