• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Massey Composite

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first four belong but the order shouldn't be set. Penn State isn't a top 5 team.

We will see if Sparty can give them trouble. My concern is the QB in their case

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Massey Composite.

I especially love going to the outlier polls and seeing just how fucking wonky some of them are.

I've said it elsewhere here, but my favorite individual poll (other than Sagarin, he does great work) is the Vern. It is about as pure as it gets. Each team is polled on their W/L record, the W/L record of each opponent, and the W/L record of each opponent's opponents.

The only downside to the Vern is that you really don't get GOOD data until the last few weeks of the season when most contests have been decided. You can take season-end Vern polls and compare them with the results to date and see the correlations better.

There are no pre-conceptions or previous years' results contained within the Vern. No eye tests.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Massey Composite.

I especially love going to the outlier polls and seeing just how fucking wonky some of them are.

I've said it elsewhere here, but my favorite individual poll (other than Sagarin, he does great work) is the Vern. It is about as pure as it gets. Each team is polled on their W/L record, the W/L record of each opponent, and the W/L record of each opponent's opponents.

The only downside to the Vern is that you really don't get GOOD data until the last few weeks of the season when most contests have been decided. You can take season-end Vern polls and compare them with the results to date and see the correlations better.

There are no pre-conceptions or previous years' results contained within the Vern. No eye tests.

I can dig the Vern for sure. That's a good ranking

Ninth ranked Cincy eh?

@Wild Turkey

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with said poll

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the actual rankings that feed the data OSU is pretty well ahead.

I assume based on MOV largely