• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mass Effect Andromeda

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my preorder. But I'm not paying for a monthly fee to get Origin early access.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my preorder. But I'm not paying for a monthly fee to get Origin early access.

Yeah but you get 10% off the game if you do.

I just played it a while ago for 2 hrs. Not too bad so far.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still early since only early access peeps are playing so they might not be out yet, but does anyone have a good walkthrough site? I'm mostly looking for info on what (if there are any) "point of no return" missions.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did everyone pick as their class?

I picked the Vanguard class (Whatever the hell they are calling it this time). I was an Infiltrator in my run on the original trilogy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did everyone pick as their class?

I picked the Vanguard class (Whatever the hell they are calling it this time). I was an Infiltrator in my run on the original trilogy.
I was under the assumption that you could swap between classes in this installment like in FF14.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only finished the intro. Just learned I became Pathfinder. It's a thick game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the assumption that you could swap between classes in this installment like in FF14.

You can mix and match abilities at any time I believe

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda quiet in here... Reviews I have read have not been super positive...

Boys? Something you'd like to tell us?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't played it, the recommended system specs are pretty heavy. Hardly ever see 16 gigs of RAM recommended.

From what I've seen, many reviewers like it for it's gameplay and forgive it's writing, facial animations, and lack of immersion. The majority of fans and especially hardcore fans of the series absolutely hate it for the writing and facial animations.

Looks like we were both somewhat right with our previous posts. The combat looks much improved and fast paced, with less of a focus on cover which I imagine would lead to a more satisfying experience in terms of combat.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been playing, not far along enough to give a full opinion. So far I'd say if you were expecting something earth shattering, you'll be disappointed but if you like ME, its still a very good game. The facials could be a lot better tbh but the bitching about it is overstated

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far it seems that if you Mass Effect series, you will like this. It won't attract new fans unless, they just want to play a good game. Other than the animations, I have encountered no bugs and the game looks simply gorgeous. There are some noticeable improvements, like the Nexus makes the Citadel look like a boring mess, your aircraft is better, also has a better layout. You can upgrade the Mako. Planet scanning is better, I like the scanning on foot too. Also the research and development part. While the writing is not as crisp as the last game. That is a few thoughts thus far.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As someone who hasn't bought it yet but has extensively looked at multiple reviews, Its looks ok. B or B+ type of game that has been released at the same time as about 5 or 6 'Game of the Year' type of games.

If you have a PS4, you really should be playing Horizon Zero Dawn or maybe Nier or Nioh or waiting on Persona or playing Resident Evil 7 with the VR. If you have a WII then you should probably be playing the Zelda game.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been playing, not far along enough to give a full opinion. So far I'd say if you were expecting something earth shattering, you'll be disappointed but if you like ME, its still a very good game. The facials could be a lot better tbh but the bitching about it is overstated

It is a bit overstated but I wouldn't blame people at all if they considered it a deal breaker. From what I've seen, the writing isn't anything to "write" home about and Mass Effect has never really been about the combat. It's been about story and character.

I will wait for it to go on sale. Just barely getting around to the Witcher 3 seeing as how the game of the year edition was 20 bucks on steam a couple days ago. Always pays to wait.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit, I would've bought this at full price day 1 except for the reviews. I'm waiting.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit, I would've bought this at full price day 1 except for the reviews. I'm waiting.

Thats where Im at rigbt now...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been playing for about a week now. Can't disagree too much with what people are saying here. It's a Mass Effect game. Plenty of shit to do and I'm enjoying it quite a bit myself. Combat is more interesting with the boost jets and yeah the writing is a bit goofy in some spots. Whoever said B to B+ range is about right.

Animations wig out sometimes but that doesn't really bother me when my character looks like this.

6MTf03z.jpg

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been playing for about a week now. Can't disagree too much with what people are saying here. It's a Mass Effect game. Plenty of shit to do and I'm enjoying it quite a bit myself. Combat is more interesting with the boost jets and yeah the writing is a bit goofy in some spots. Whoever said B to B+ range is about right.

Animations wig out sometimes but that doesn't really bother me when my character looks like this.

6MTf03z.jpg

I can only imagine what your dad looked like :shocked:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I finished the game Sunday. The scathing reviews were WAAAAY overboard. Really solid title. Yes, buggy, most of those had been worked out by the time I bought (2 - 3 weeks into run), and some bugs still are annoying. My Ryder was heavy into the tech tree, and the damn mobile bot/missile platform you can build would sometimes stick around through cutscenes and events after missions, INCLUDING spluttering its way through the entire 20 minute denoument.

Combat was a blast, crafting was overly complicated, but necessary for the combat.

The lack of personality in the crew members was the biggest weakness compared with 1 - 3.

Thing that made me laugh out loud at myself?

Playing the male Ryder, I decided to 'hit' on the science officer that sits next to the bridge controls. After hours of interacting - zilch. I finally googled it. Heh. If I ever wonder why I've been divorced twice? I can't even pick 'em in video games. Suvi was for the ladies only.

Rejected. :)

Anyway, DEFINITELY worth it to pick up in the bargain bin now that it's been out a while. I probably got 60 - 80 hours into it. Level 50 when I finished.