• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mass Effect Andromeda

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my knowledge, the PC crowd was the crowd that really fell for Dragon Age Origins. Tactical Combat with LOTR style fantasy politics. Dragon Age 2 was a good game with poor production values and they made the combat more hack and slash and the politics more Game of Thrones than LOTR. Id go as far as to say it was rushed in some areas but I thought it was fun.

Inquisition felt like a whole new world but one that never immerses you in it. Not a bad world but something that needed to be filled in like Destiny from the start.

I felt pretty immersed, but to each his own.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that would rather watch paint dry than play a RPG?

'Tis why I specified, "For the genre"...

chf said:
At any rate, it'll take more than one or two 'not top of the industry' games for me to NOT buy a Bioware RPG or a ME title, or a Bethesda RPG.

Having said that, there's about four or five titles I HAVEN'T bought this year, since the price went up to eighty bucks.

Oh I'm buyin' too... :)

And yeah, I'm slacking as well... Fallout 4, GTA V.... Still on my "to buy" list... GTA has held its shelf value longer that any other game I can remember... Finally dropped to $30 so I may pull the trigger (har har...).

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they took a TON of flack from fanboy and fangirls for 'dumbing down' the combat/leveling in the progression of the games as it was. So, it seems to me, they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

If they change stuff up, people complain, if they don't, people complain.

I guess it's a nice problem to have, people being passionate about the product.

At the very least, you can't say that they just cashed in though. The same level of voice acting, the same depth of story. They aren't rushing games out to the consumer every year. They put out a really solid product. They just got their doors blown off by Projekt Red.

It remains to be seen if PR will manage to stay at that level though. Apparently Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty much DOA.

My main issue with DA, which I had a hard time putting a finger on, was that while the story is/was VERY good (I admittedly STILL have not gotten through it), the things you have to do to advance the story are SOOOOO freaking tedious to me! That and that BioWare thing where you need to go around and talk to all of your companions every time you come back from a quest... Only.... They are SO spread out all over Skyhold and there are so many of them that it literally takes me an entire evening to get all caught up there...

I became immersed in the story after the big attack and the migration to Skyhold. I thought, "Here we go!"... But just seemed to get bogged down again.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main issue with DA, which I had a hard time putting a finger on, was that while the story is/was VERY good (I admittedly STILL have not gotten through it), the things you have to do to advance the story are SOOOOO freaking tedious to me! That and that BioWare thing where you need to go around and talk to all of your companions every time you come back from a quest... Only.... They are SO spread out all over Skyhold and there are so many of them that it literally takes me an entire evening to get all caught up there...

I became immersed in the story after the big attack and the migration to Skyhold. I thought, "Here we go!"... But just seemed to get bogged down again.

Fair enough. For me the conversations with NPC's have always been one of the shining lights of that title. The humor in that dialogue is top-notch. Even the snarky comments they make outside of the convo wheel are worth the price of admission.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. For me the conversations with NPC's have always been one of the shining lights of that title. The humor in that dialogue is top-notch. Even the snarky comments they make outside of the convo wheel are worth the price of admission.

Absolutely... Mass Effect was very good at this as well... Can even go back to Baldur's Gate for the fledgling beginnings of that... I forget which character he said it to while exploring, but always liked Khalid, "Um... Could you maybe try not being so.... umm.... Evil?"....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely... Mass Effect was very good at this as well... Can even go back to Baldur's Gate for the fledgling beginnings of that... I forget which character he said it to while exploring, but always liked Khalid, "Um... Could you maybe try not being so.... umm.... Evil?"....

"What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there. " -Minsc

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget how powerful the music is in ME... This makes me want to go do an entire 1-3 playthrough again... LOL!!!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announced official release date: March 21, 2017.

GET HYPE!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget how powerful the music is in ME... This makes me want to go do an entire 1-3 playthrough again... LOL!!!

I think I've listened to this on my playlists for so long that I've actually forgotten where I first heard it. The ending sequence in ME1 is soo good.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mass Effect 2 is free on Origin. The one I didn't play.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Newest cinematic trailer

The comments section is like reading the Politics Forum :L

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might get this, but I wish Bioware would make KOTOR 3

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might get this, but I wish Bioware would make KOTOR 3

From what I understand, SWTOR is supposed to be KOTOR 3 and takes place after the events of KOTOR 2. A true KOTOR 3 probably won't take place. I would love to see something set during the Mandalorian Wars. That part of the timeline was always intriguing.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, SWTOR is supposed to be KOTOR 3 and takes place after the events of KOTOR 2. A true KOTOR 3 probably won't take place. I would love to see something set during the Mandalorian Wars. That part of the timeline was always intriguing.

TOR takes place several hundred years after KotOR II, however TOR retcons a lot of stuff from KotOR and pretty much shits on Revan and the Exile. I personally wish they'd drop TOR from canon and make KotOR 3 as well, but I'm not stupid enough to hold my breath on that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more week, bitches!!!!