• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mass Effect Andromeda

Ralph Murphy

Master of Mustachery
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,192.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mass Effect trilogy was great video gaming. Sadly I don't have a machine capable of playing anything new. Life sucks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ME1 had the vision, ME2 had the combat and character development but lacked the vision of ME1 and ME3....was just a game but it had a good multiplayer mode.

It looks like they are taking the best of ME1 and ME2 and improving on those things so I'm a fan. Not sure why the gameplay trailer made the social interaction they were showing off to look like two kids fighting for no reason with some bleh looking character models but as long as the main character can look any way you want then I'm ok. The combat almost looked like a cross between FF15 and Dragon's Dogma which would be a massive improvement in terms of mobility.

I'm on the hype wagon now

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me while I clean up all this drool. Can't help it

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me while I clean up all this drool. Can't help it

Holy shit, did they actually listen to critics of ME3 and stopped with the lazy writing and illusion of choice? Either you give the player a full list of dialogue options and write/record all the dialogue necessary or go all in with a cinematic type of story line. Illusion of choice just tells us that you think we're stupid or under the age of 13.

The strength of the story may suffer but I doubt anyone will complain very much if the combat system is fluid and you can actually choose what type of character you want to play as. Full choice == replayability.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh maybe, most often full choice just means choice = meaningless.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mass Effect trilogy was great video gaming. Sadly I don't have a machine capable of playing anything new. Life sucks.
Just rebuilt my system last week. Can't wait!

I enjoyed the hell out of the ME3 Multiplayer. Hope they expand on that for Andromeda.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure facial animations and whatnot are the last to get tuned up for a game. If this was releasing next month, I'd be worried. Still got 3+ months to go.

They said this game is way bigger than anything they've done to date. I'm hype as fuck about it. Haven't decided if I want in on PC or PS4 yet.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the important thing here is that the full vision of this game likely wont be possible right away. Id rather see them do the core game right and then have room for expansion but if they create a big empty universe then it could still end up being a great game at some point with DLCs.

Witcher 3 is one of the few games that has gotten the big universe thing down right away and even that had a bunch of patches and large DLCs. ME3 should end up being one of the better games on this gen of systems but I might not put too much credence into Day 1 opinions.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, did they actually listen to critics of ME3 and stopped with the lazy writing and illusion of choice? Either you give the player a full list of dialogue options and write/record all the dialogue necessary or go all in with a cinematic type of story line. Illusion of choice just tells us that you think we're stupid or under the age of 13.

The strength of the story may suffer but I doubt anyone will complain very much if the combat system is fluid and you can actually choose what type of character you want to play as. Full choice == replayability.

Meh, maybe I'm one of the few that think the story is/was what makes ME and most Bioware games better than most... While I certainly don't want a trashy combat system, the story can't suffer. But with these types of games, combat is a means to an end (Though definitely fun as hell too!!!).

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want this game to be good, but I am very wary. The project lead was one of the guys that wrote the god awful ending to 3 (not to beat that dead horse) and there has been a lot of turnover at bioware in the last year which really makes you wonder if something is going on behind the scenes. Add to it a not so stellar trailer and yeah, I'm definitely not ready to jump all in on this. Even if the campaign is bad though, I'll probably still pick it up if the multiplayer is good. I loved ME3's mp.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want this game to be good, but I am very wary. The project lead was one of the guys that wrote the god awful ending to 3 (not to beat that dead horse) and there has been a lot of turnover at bioware in the last year which really makes you wonder if something is going on behind the scenes. Add to it a not so stellar trailer and yeah, I'm definitely not ready to jump all in on this. Even if the campaign is bad though, I'll probably still pick it up if the multiplayer is good. I loved ME3's mp.

They're probably trying to figure out still how Witcher 3 was infinitely better than DA: Inquisition...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked both DA and Witcher.

Witcher was superior, but some people are calling it one of the best games ever. Pretty high bar.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Witcher was superior, but some people are calling it one of the best games ever. Pretty high bar.

To date, I believe Witcher is/was one of the best games ever... For the genre, I'm not sure how it can be argued (except of course, that it is a matter of opinion... ;) ).

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To date, I believe Witcher is/was one of the best games ever... For the genre, I'm not sure how it can be argued (except of course, that it is a matter of opinion... ;) ).

People that would rather watch paint dry than play a RPG?

At any rate, it'll take more than one or two 'not top of the industry' games for me to NOT buy a Bioware RPG or a ME title, or a Bethesda RPG.

Having said that, there's about four or five titles I HAVEN'T bought this year, since the price went up to eighty bucks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem I have with DA:I is that I beat DA1 twice and DA2 twice and so Im going through their combat leveling system a 5th time.

Ooo look, the same abilities again? Hooray?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with DA:I is that I beat DA1 twice and DA2 twice and so Im going through their combat leveling system a 5th time.

Ooo look, the same abilities again? Hooray?

But they took a TON of flack from fanboy and fangirls for 'dumbing down' the combat/leveling in the progression of the games as it was. So, it seems to me, they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

If they change stuff up, people complain, if they don't, people complain.

I guess it's a nice problem to have, people being passionate about the product.

At the very least, you can't say that they just cashed in though. The same level of voice acting, the same depth of story. They aren't rushing games out to the consumer every year. They put out a really solid product. They just got their doors blown off by Projekt Red.

It remains to be seen if PR will manage to stay at that level though. Apparently Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty much DOA.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they took a TON of flack from fanboy and fangirls for 'dumbing down' the combat/leveling in the progression of the games as it was. So, it seems to me, they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

If they change stuff up, people complain, if they don't, people complain.

I guess it's a nice problem to have, people being passionate about the product.

At the very least, you can't say that they just cashed in though. The same level of voice acting, the same depth of story. They aren't rushing games out to the consumer every year. They put out a really solid product. They just got their doors blown off by Projekt Red.
To my knowledge, the PC crowd was the crowd that really fell for Dragon Age Origins. Tactical Combat with LOTR style fantasy politics. Dragon Age 2 was a good game with poor production values and they made the combat more hack and slash and the politics more Game of Thrones than LOTR. Id go as far as to say it was rushed in some areas but I thought it was fun.

Inquisition felt like a whole new world but one that never immerses you in it. Not a bad world but something that needed to be filled in like Destiny from the start.