• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MashUp addon for XBMC wiped off the face of the Earth

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone here use XBMC? One of my favorite addons has been decommissioned permanently. Mash2K3 updated the popular MashUp addon with a Goodbye message stating that it has become so popular that he fears for his safety.

Is the government coming down on the XBMC community? Recently Europol busted up a significant chunk of Darknet (DeepWeb). I'm wondering if there is any relation. MashUp didn't offer any content of its own, it was basically just an aggregator of different addons.

It's not a massive blow because iStream, The Collective, Genesis and a number of other aggregators still exist, but what if SportsDevil is next? I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for XBMC!

Thoughts? Is anyone else here using this?

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 900 views and nobody knows what I'm talking about...

For those of you who are not board members and saw this post, you can see the rest of the story here, posted just 2 days ago:

Rest in Peace Mash Up for XBMC

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 900 views and nobody knows what I'm talking about...

For those of you who are not board members and saw this post, you can see the rest of the story here, posted just 2 days ago:

Rest in Peace Mash Up for XBMC

I know what your talking about, but never felt the need to use XBMC, so I have no advice for you. I take it you use it to stream media, like football games and such?

Last edited by a moderator: