• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Maryland @ Michigan 3:30 PM EST ESPN

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game! Iowa is up next--at Iowa. All phases of the team need to continue to improve. I want to see them do a lot better next week than they did this week. The defense is not going to be able to miss tackles or make half-a** tackles against Iowa. Everyone needs to show up next week!

I wouldn't worry too much about Iowa putting up a lot of points. I tip my cap to Maryland. Thy had some really good plays drawn up. A lot of misdirection, where they'd get the 2nd level going one way and leak a guy out the back and he was wide open multiple times.

Maryland also had a great play drawn up whenever UM brought pressure up the middle. They'd run a sort of inside bubble screen as the middle would be wide open as those guys were blitzing.

Durkin had sort of an unfair advantage in really knowing the strength and weaknesses of the defense and its players. I thought they played great though. I know I was really tough on Speight this year, but he is looking more and more comfortable with each passing game. He is looking like a legitimate QB and someone UM can rely on if the run game is shut down.

Fatsquirrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry too much about Iowa putting up a lot of points. I tip my cap to Maryland. Thy had some really good plays drawn up. A lot of misdirection, where they'd get the 2nd level going one way and leak a guy out the back and he was wide open multiple times.

Maryland also had a great play drawn up whenever UM brought pressure up the middle. They'd run a sort of inside bubble screen as the middle would be wide open as those guys were blitzing.

Durkin had sort of an unfair advantage in really knowing the strength and weaknesses of the defense and its players. I thought they played great though. I know I was really tough on Speight this year, but he is looking more and more comfortable with each passing game. He is looking like a legitimate QB and someone UM can rely on if the run game is shut down.
Agreed, he has looked pretty good these past couple weeks and hopefully he keeps getting better and better and will put up big numbers in the last 3 games of the season.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, he has looked pretty good these past couple weeks and hopefully he keeps getting better and better and will put up big numbers in the last 3 games of the season.

I love the fact he is so good at throwing the intermediate and deep routes. He is a bigger version of Jake Ruddock, IMO. Rarely turns the ball over. Always makes the right throw and isn't a running QB, but is mobile enough to shake the pass rush.

I am starting to realize why they were saying Harbaugh is a QB guru. Every QB he coaches ends up getting better and better each and every week it seems.