• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maryland leaving the ACC...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Maryland leaving as of tomorrow. I say good riddance! Glad Louisville is taking their spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, was trying to create a poll and screwed up

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James-Franco-Confused-Look1.gif

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, was trying to create a poll and screwed up

Click on Thread Tools on your first post. It should have a "poll" option there.

I will miss playing them. In my family I have a brother that went to N C State, an uncle that went to Maryland, my parents and Brother-in-law are huge VA Tech fans, and me being the UVA fan. We always had fun discussions at family gatherings. Now it just will not be the same with Maryland not being in the ACC.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Click on Thread Tools on your first post. It should have a "poll" option there.

I will miss playing them. In my family I have a brother that went to N C State, an uncle that went to Maryland, my parents and Brother-in-law are huge VA Tech fans, and me being the UVA fan. We always had fun discussions at family gatherings. Now it just will not be the same with Maryland not being in the ACC.

Yeah, when I did that I thought I was putting the options in there properly but guess I didn't and did a double post to boot. Oh well.

While Maryland is (well was now) definitely our secondary rival to VT, I think we can have a good cross-over rivalry with Louisville. I've looked at some of the Louisville boards on other sites and there seems to be a general consensus that they are really excited about it. I think that they will bring a lot more to the table than Maryland did. While I still won't be a fan of Maryland, it will still be extremely weird not seeing them in the ACC anymore.

I have talked to my dad a lot about the ACC over the years and he has been the type where he would take off work on Thursday and Friday just so he could watch the basketball tournament in March. I don't believe that he was too thrilled with Maryland leaving either.