• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martavis bryant

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always taken those decisions as the draft comes to me. If it's getting to the later rounds and its gone well, then I say go for it. But if not, I'd usually hedge my bets with someone else that has some sleeper keeper value, but can also contribute this year if needed

Sterling Shepard it is then!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you checked into the 2nd MBBRL dynasty league thread? Starting from scratch, looking for a few owners, and you'd get input on the setup. Only requirement is to be an active poster on the fantasy board

I'll look into it thanks. No money I assume?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on if he becomes a choir boy. Right now he is worth virtually nothing because we don't know whether he will screw up in the next year or if someone else may step up and be as good if not better. I would probably drop him and just keep an eye out for news about him next year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on if he becomes a choir boy. Right now he is worth virtually nothing because we don't know whether he will screw up in the next year or if someone else may step up and be as good if not better. I would probably drop him and just keep an eye out for news about him next year.

agree completely here, but with the dynasty set up, someone else could easily stash him.
very tough call, but if you can't get anything in return, I'd have to say stash and hope for good news
(no news is definitely good news in this situation)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bittersweet for us Steeler fans seeing this... But it's a good watch for NFL & FF enthusiasts that love to gobble up those offseason hype pieces.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bittersweet for us Steeler fans seeing this... But it's a good watch for NFL & FF enthusiasts that love to gobble up those offseason hype pieces.

It is crazy just how much media can skew things.

Today on Rotoworld, there was a blurb about Bryant with the quote he made to his agent about not wanting to play. That is obviously a very negative comment.

How can anybody watch this interview in context and come up with a negative view on his mindset? That is crazy to me. I can understand not trusting him or not believing him, but the Rotoworld quote is so out of context it isn't funny.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is crazy just how much media can skew things.

Today on Rotoworld, there was a blurb about Bryant with the quote he made to his agent about not wanting to play. That is obviously a very negative comment.

How can anybody watch this interview in context and come up with a negative view on his mindset? That is crazy to me. I can understand not trusting him or not believing him, but the Rotoworld quote is so out of context it isn't funny.
Wow that's a ridiculous misconception... I've seen that stuff happen all too often though. Media loves to play on words to get clicks or views. Even if they make themselves look like a complete dumbass they are still achieving their goal of garnering attention.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media loves to play on words to get clicks or views.
I'm not disagreeing.
The media will over blow negative stories.
But I think it also goes both ways.
This interview could have been a "feel good" story that was intentionally "staged" by his agent.

As a fan you want to hope that he changed his attitude and turned his life around.
Just call me skeptical.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing.
The media will over blow negative stories.
But I think it also goes both ways.
This interview could have been a "feel good" story that was intentionally "staged" by his agent.

As a fan you want to hope that he changed his attitude and turned his life around.
Just call me skeptical.
Nobody is more skeptical than me Joe... lol

Seen this song & dance too many times over the past couple years with both Bryant & Bell

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing that kind of bothered me in the video was when he was "teaching" the kids about route running, and he said, "you don't want to count your steps" and cut. Saying, you just need to run. :twitch:

When I heard that in the video, I looked up his 2014 scouting report.
Not kidding. This is what is says per Walter Football:

As a receiver, Bryant is a project for the NFL. He has great height and length to go with some straight-line speed, but he needs a lot of development. Bryant drops too many passes and must improve his hands. His route-running needs a lot of work as well. Plus, Bryant is a finesse player for a big receiver. He should add some strength and start pushing around defensive backs.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing that kind of bothered me in the video was when he was "teaching" the kids about route running, and he said, "you don't want to count your steps" and cut. Saying, you just need to run. :twitch:

As a receiver, Bryant is a project for the NFL. He has great height and length to go with some straight-line speed, but he needs a lot of development. Bryant drops too many passes and must improve his hands. His route-running needs a lot of work as well. Plus, Bryant is a finesse player for a big receiver. He should add some strength and start pushing around defensive backs.

That's a totally fair criticism BUT I don't doubt his talent for a second. He's a freak athlete and great reciever at least in pittsburghs system. And I'll keep him in my dynasty league as long as all I can get is a 2nd rounder for him. But the second he's about to return and the hype gets going again I'm selling him to the highest bidder. I think injury risk is overreacted to and suspension risk is underreacted to.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's exactly what I thought too. High schoolers definitely need to be learning that you have to run each route the same for timing purposes, that starts with, for most, counting your steps. Thera not a heavy amount of "bump n run" High at that level, so there's no reason not to start with getting the fundamentals down. Dude is simply too used to his natural ability making up for his lack of discipline.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Bryant have to apply for reinstatement to the NFL when his year suspension is over?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Bryant have to apply for reinstatement to the NFL when his year suspension is over?
Don't think so. He wasn't suspended "indefinitely" by the league. According to the NFL:

The NFL announced Monday that Bryant has been suspended without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Since its not indefinite my answer is no. But when his reinstatement is official is a question that I have.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got a pretty good laugh out of those moments in the video too. He's definitely not someone that I would want to learn from if I were a HS wide receiver. He's never been known for technique. Maybe he could have some good pointers about tracking the ball in stride, or getting good releases. Outside of that, he's still a very raw WR in his own right so there's not much technique to his game.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I thought too. High schoolers definitely need to be learning that you have to run each route the same for timing purposes, that starts with, for most, counting your steps. Thera not a heavy amount of "bump n run" High at that level, so there's no reason not to start with getting the fundamentals down. Dude is simply too used to his natural ability making up for his lack of discipline.

It's like watching rodgers for throwing mechanics. Some guys are just too physically gift to be good examples of what to do.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a freak athlete and great reciever
No offense, but I think "freak athlete" is a term that gets thrown around too much.
I think it's safe to say that EVERY NFL player has freakish talent?.
That's why they're in the NFL.

Problem is not all athletes have discipline, professionalism and heart.

And those are the abilities that elevate them so as to have a successful NFL career.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but I think "freak athlete" is a term that gets thrown around too much.
I think it's safe to say that EVERY NFL player has freakish talent?.
That's why they're in the NFL.

Problem is not all athletes have discipline, professionalism and heart.

And those are the abilities that elevate them so as to have a successful NFL career.

You're right that all nfl players have freakish athleticism. But very few wrs have martavis' size and athleticism right now. And Rodgers is just on a whole other level from other QBs.