• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maroon To Have Hearing Today

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers' Patrick Maroon: Set for Wednesday hearing

I think that was a pretty dirty shot on Doughty, even though his comments say he did not have intent to injure. It was awesome seeing the Kings put up 3 on that major PP, especially Kempe's goal which completely embarrassed Talbot.

Why? This is why. Hilarious and a good zinger.

If you play, you remember things like this. No doubt in my mind Maroon knew exactly who it was and what he was doing. I've know I've exacted my own revenge over the years if I felt something happened that was unprovoked with zero remorse.

He has never been suspended so I don't expect anything more than 1-2 games. That is the second time however Doughty has been targeted in the head (Tkachuk) and if I am the Kings I am starting to get pissed about it.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two games
Doughty didn’t think it was dirty so I will let it slide
Feb 7 th bulletin board

Rob Tychkowski
@Rob_Tychkowski

·
17h

"Scoring three goals on the power play to really shove it up their butts was awesome.” -- LA Kings Drew Doughty on the match penalty to Patrick Maroon

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That quote from Doughty is gold.

Speaking of the Oilers, am I the only one who thinks McJesus isn't equipped yet to be a captain? I'm not a fan of giving franchise players a C until they are a few years into the league (like 5 minimum) because they themselves are learning about the league, what it takes, earning respect with teammates, refs and opponents, etc. They are building their body of work and their case.

Lecavalier is a good example, he was anointed captain after only 2 years in the league in 2000, was stripped of it in 2001 because of contract issues and clashing with Tortorella and replaced by veteran Andreychuk in 2002. They won the Cup in 2004 with Andreychuk as captain.

Watching McDavid's body language and expressions during this game, he looked like a deer in headlights not knowing what to do while his team is getting shelled. I just don't think it's a smart idea to do that with young players, especially superstars (because essentially that's why they got the C in the first place).

It took Brown 5 years to get the C in LA and Kopitar almost 10.

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't mentioned this but I think the forgotten man here is Forbert, who went right after Maroon. Maroon is a big guy, bigger than Forbert but he stepped up for his teammate and partner. Nice to see instead of a guy like Brown skating off the ice when Simmonds gets whacked in a meaningless loss. Props to Forbert.

“I think he’s an honest player,” Stevens said. “But the play happened and they made the right call. We handled it the way we should handle it.”

Stevens is old school in that sense, and it's a good change to see the team not be pushovers anymore. I really liked Andy Murray, but this was one area of his coaching I did not agree with at all and in fact was a big reason why Palffy left LA - he was getting thrown around like a rag doll nightly with no/minimal protection, which was a Murray philosophy.

Who knows how the team would have looked with Palffy still here after the lockout in 2005, but it may have been a moot point with Dumbo coming in and moving out veteran players to rebuild in 2006.