• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marlins and Rangers go at it July 24-26

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan points out that 3 days prior to trading for Hamels the Rangers lost to the Yankees 21-5.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a quiet day tomorrow. I doubt anything happens until the weekend. What do you guys think?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a quiet day tomorrow. I doubt anything happens until the weekend. What do you guys think?

It would seem like today would be a good day to move people, with them having the day off and all. But I would imagine at this point JD is going to listen and play everyone against everyone else for Yu. Could see other players get moved, but no rush with Yu having gone last night. THey don't have to hurry before his next start.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting Beltre gets his hit before the weekend is out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's question: will Yu be here on the 31st?
I guess I will say he will since we haven't had anything beak right for us in awhile. Just as we won too much in September of 2014 and wound up with Tate instead of Bregman I am not expecting this to work out either. I realize it is nothing but pure pessimism that makes me feel that way.

Another thing that worked about very badly for us was Profar getting hurt a few years back and having Odor play great just long enough to lay claim to the position in the organization's eyes. To me Profar is still the better of the two, but we will never see him become that here.

Ever since the 2011 WS we have had so many things go wrong like those. The demise of Feliz, the injuries to Holland, acquiring Prince when he was hurt, the Harrison back issues, and failed trades among other things just makes me very pessimistic.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it is nothing but pure pessimism that makes me feel that way.

Well, at least you're honest and up-front about it.

But maybe we're due for something to go very right for us. Just a little sunshine for ya there sir.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting lack of quotes or sightings for that matter from Yu. You would have herd something, even through an interpreter, from him concerning last night. Think he hit the shower and left the building right after he was pulled.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I will say he will since we haven't had anything beak right for us in awhile. Just as we won too much in September of 2014 and wound up with Tate instead of Bregman I am not expecting this to work out either. I realize it is nothing but pure pessimism that makes me feel that way.

Another thing that worked about very badly for us was Profar getting hurt a few years back and having Odor play great just long enough to lay claim to the position in the organization's eyes. To me Profar is still the better of the two, but we will never see him become that here.

Ever since the 2011 WS we have had so many things go wrong like those. The demise of Feliz, the injuries to Holland, acquiring Prince when he was hurt, the Harrison back issues, and failed trades among other things just makes me very pessimistic.

Murphy's Law

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting lack of quotes or sightings for that matter from Yu. You would have herd something, even through an interpreter, from him concerning last night. Think he hit the shower and left the building right after he was pulled.

Him no speaky da Engrish!

Yeah I know that was just wrong of me, but it brings up something I thought about the other day when he was being interviewed after his last start. How long has he been here in this country and he speaks very little of the language still

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him no speaky da Engrish!

Yeah I know that was just wrong of me, but it brings up something I thought about the other day when he was being interviewed after his last start. How long has he been here in this country and he speaks very little of the language still
I believe I read over a year ago that he is comfortable enough with English to have conversations with teammates, but he doesn't feel confident enough to give interviews in English yet.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I read over a year ago that he is comfortable enough with English to have conversations with teammates, but he doesn't feel confident enough to give interviews in English yet.
I believe he also was learning Spanish as well

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was funny because the translator was speaking to him in English repeating the questions from reporters in English to Yu and he was answering in Japanese

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5:23pm: Texas is also willing to listen to offers on young righty Keone Kela, according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News (via Twitter).

Now this one I don't understand.