• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marleau

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he still play for the Sharks?

If yes, where the fuck has he been the past 3-4 games?

I'll keep defending the guy like always and it's not all his fault but it couldn't hurt if he snapped out of it and stopped sucking out loud, I think...

EDIT: I didn't watch any of the Ottawa game so if he actually did something good/useful in that one, I'll give him a break.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got the first goal in Ottawa but other than that he has been invisible lately. Apparently when Doug Wilson signs a player there is a clause in their contract that they do not have to show up the first year after signing.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to like Patty but I honestly feel that trading him for other key components is the best move. I want to like the guy, most of the time I can't tell you what line he's playing on or what he's been doing. If that's a $1m player its not a big deal - but he's in the 7m plateau and that's a lot of cheese for a guy that vanishes for extended periods of time.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to like Patty but I honestly feel that trading him for other key components is the best move. I want to like the guy, most of the time I can't tell you what line he's playing on or what he's been doing. If that's a $1m player its not a big deal - but he's in the 7m plateau and that's a lot of cheese for a guy that vanishes for extended periods of time.

That's a bit unfair, IMO...

He is still scoring his share but he can't help the shitty coaching decisions and worthless linemates that he often has to play with.

That said, he's guilty of being lazy out there lately... that I *have* seen. It's pretty easy to notice him half-ass-ing at times.

But then again, if I were him, I'd probably be as uninterested as he is.. the defense blows night in and night out so why should he care?

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He is still scoring his share but he can't help the shitty coaching decisions and worthless linemates that he often has to play with."

That is true - but those are things he cannot control. What he can control is making some sort of impact every night. I remember a few games last year where he threw the body around a bit and started to make things happen. I understand finding the back of the net goes in cycles, but back-checking and hustle are purely effort...

and all I am asking for from my 7mil guys is maximum effort... results are (should be) bigger than the individual.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with you 100% there.

I too am pretty pissed off when he half-asses it. He shouldn't be doing that for the amount of money he is being paid.